Looking to buy the best Ceramic Heater? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the right one for you.
A space heater is a viable alternative if you want to stay warm in the winter without turning up the thermostat. Ceramic space heaters are particularly popular since they have the ability to swiftly heat an entire room and are noted for their durability. Ceramic heaters are also considered to be a relatively safe choice because they can efficiently self-regulate temperature.
However, this does not imply that one ceramic heater is superior to another. The features, safety settings, and heat output of different brands vary. Before you buy a ceramic heater, make sure you know all of your alternatives.
Place your ceramic heater on a stable surface that won’t easily tip over, and keep a watch on children and pets while it’s on.
When purchasing a ceramic heater, the most important aspects to consider are safety, size, and heater type.
Modern space heaters are far safer than their predecessors, but you should still be cautious. Select a ceramic heater that has been certified by a third-party testing organisation, such as Underwriters Laboratory (UL). Overheat protection is integrated into the best ceramic heaters, which immediately shuts off the heater if the temperature rises above a safe level. Some models include tip-over protection, which turns off the heater if it tips over.
Families with pets or small children should choose a unit with cool-touch housing. Otherwise, someone could burn themselves if they come into contact with the heater’s outside.
What is the size of the area you want to heat with a ceramic heater? Make sure to pick a model that is the right size for you. Larger rooms will obviously demand more heat, but there are other aspects to consider as well. If your home is draughty, for example, a more powerful ceramic heater may be required to battle the cold air infiltration. In general, you’ll need roughly 10 watts of power per square foot of space. So, if you want to heat a 100-square-foot space, a 1,000-watt ceramic heater is required.
Ceramic heaters are classified as floor, tower, or wall heaters. When most people think of a typical space heater, they think of floor ceramic heaters. These little heaters are placed on the ground and radiate heat in all directions. They’re usually light and portable, but the size of the heater you purchase will determine this.
Tower heaters are tall and narrow, making them ideal for small rooms. Some models have an oscillation mechanism that rotates the unit back and forth, distributing heat evenly throughout the room.
Ceramic heaters for the wall are usually permanent fixtures that must be hooked into the wall. For supplemental heat, some individuals choose to place them in specific rooms of the house, such as the bathroom. However, if you don’t own your property, you might not be able to install a wall ceramic heater.
What to look for in a ceramic heater
Examine the thermostat on a ceramic heater before purchasing. A single heat setting or simple low, medium, and high settings are available on some ceramic heaters. Others allow you to choose the exact amount of heat you want. Some thermostats allow you to programme your preferred temperature in advance. If the temperature in the room falls below this level, the thermostat will automatically turn on and run until the desired temperature is reached.
Ceramic heaters with timers are available. You can configure these heaters to run for a set amount of time before shutting off, which is a good option if you’re prone to forgetting to switch off your heater before going to bed or leaving the house.
Some ceramic heaters come with a remote control, allowing you to change the settings from across the room. Although not everyone may appreciate it, it is a useful tool to have, particularly for individuals with limited mobility.
All space heaters take some electricity, however the amount varies depending on the unit’s size. Larger units use more electricity to operate, therefore your energy cost will be higher. The frequency with which you use the heater is also a consideration. To assist save money, certain ceramic heaters offer an energy-saving mode.
If you plan to move the ceramic heater around the room, choose one with a handle on the top so you can simply pick it up. You may also want a unit with wheels for larger heaters so you can push it without lifting it. The length of the cord is another something to think about. Consider the location of the outlets in your home as well as the location of the space heater.
Some space heaters are noisier than others, and a noisy space heater may be distracting. If noise is an issue for you, choose a high-quality space heater with a low noise output rating.
Costs of ceramic heaters
The majority of ceramic heaters for residential usage cost between £20 and £100. You could definitely get by with less than £50 if you only need a tiny unit to heat a small space. In this price range, there are plenty of sturdy options, including some with programmable thermostats, remote controls, and other advanced features.
Larger ceramic heaters, such as tower heaters, are more expensive, with most starting at around £50. These heaters are more powerful and often come with advanced features like a built-in timer and oscillation to assist evenly distribute heat.
When you leave the house or go to bed, turn off your ceramic heater.
Keep the space around your ceramic heater free of obstructions, and avoid directing the heater directly towards anything combustible.
Large ceramic heaters should not be plugged into extension cords or power strips.
Unless the unit is specifically designed for it, don’t use ceramic heaters near water or in wet environments (like a restroom).
Check the cord on a regular basis to ensure sure the wires aren’t frayed or exposed.
Consider a ceramic space heater with an energy-saving mode if you’re concerned about your electricity bill but still want to use one.
Q. What is the mechanism of a ceramic heater?
A. Ceramic plates encircle the metal coils. When you plug in the heater, the coils heat up, which heats up the plates. The heat is then released into the room by the unit. The ceramic heater housing can keep cooler because the metal coils aren’t exposed, reducing the danger of burns.
Q. Will my ceramic heater necessitate a lot of upkeep?
A resounding no. Ceramic heating elements are noted for their durability, so you shouldn’t have to do much to the heater other than sweep the dust out of the vents on a regular basis.
Q. How much will it cost to run my ceramic heater?
A. This is influenced by a number of things, including the heater’s wattage, the cost of power in your location, and how often you use the heater. To calculate this number, multiply the heater’s wattage by 1,000 to get the kilowatts per hour. Then multiply this figure by the number of hours the heater is running and the cost of one kilowatt of power in your location to get a total.
Best Ceramic Heaters To Buy
- Ceramic Technology: Advanced ceramic heating elements provide faster and more efficient heating than traditional heaters. This electric heater is perfect for keeping you warm this winter.
- 2 Power Settings & Oscillation: Includes 2000W (High) and 1200W (Low) power settings as well an automatic 60° oscillation mode for heating larger rooms and spaces.
- Adjustable Thermostat: An easy-to-use and fully adjustable thermostat control is built into the mini heater to monitor the temperature around and ensure optimal heating and energy efficiency.
- Portable: The lightweight compact design and carry handle allow the heater to be easily transported to wherever you need it most, making it great for use in homes, bedrooms, garages, schools and offices.
- Advanced Safety: Built in overheat protection and anti tip-over switch ensure the heater instantly switches off in any unsafe situation. Dimensions: 18.5 x 15.5 x 26 cm. 220-240V, 50Hz.
- ECO DESIGN LOT 20 ERP COMPLIANT: This energy saving 2000W panel heater has both a thermostat and a timer, which fully comply with the new directive Eco Lot 20 ErP. The stylish and sleek design of the heater, combined with the energy saving features (such as an intelligent thermostat and an aluminium body) provide unique heat storage.
- ADVANTAGES OF A CERAMIC HEATER: Ceramic heaters are unique as they use a high-quality resistive wire element to create heat. Ceramic heaters achieve higher temperatures than most panel heaters - allowing them to heat a large area with greater intensity. The thermal conductivity and its heat retention, makes this heater very efficient to run. Even when switched off, the ceramic heater will continue to radiate heat due to the residual warmth stored in the ceramic plate.
- PROGRAMMABLE LCD DISPLAY: This MYLEK panel heater is super simple to use. By using the LCD display, you can easily set your desired hourly/daily/weekly time and temperature that you would like your heater to reach, as well as choosing between 3 different heat modes (one of which being frost protection). The child lock function prevents the heater being tampered with and the LCD display also dims for night-time use!
- USE WALL MOUNTED / FREESTANDING: Depending on where you want to place your panel heater, it can be both wall mounted or freestanding. Using the feet or wall brackets included, you can easily place the heater wherever you desire. This heater can even be installed by a qualified electrician in your bathroom!
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: MYLEK is proud to offer excellent customer service to our customers. With excellent customer service, spare parts support and next day part replacement, you can have peace of mind that your heater will keep your warm for many years to come.Dimentions Wall Mounted: L80cm x D11cm x H58cm - 15kg
- ECO DESIGN LOT 20 ERP COMPLIANT: This energy-saving 2000W (2KW) panel heater fully complies with the new directive Eco Lot 20 ErP. The stylish and sleek design of the heater, combined with the energy-saving features such as an intelligent thermostat, open window detection and a 7day weekly timer
- ADVANTAGES OF A CERAMIC HEATER: Ceramic heaters are unique as they use a high-quality resistive wire element to create heat. Ceramic heaters achieve higher temperatures than most panel heaters - allowing them to heat a large area with greater intensity. The thermal conductivity and its heat retention make this heater very efficient to run. Even when switched off, the ceramic heater will continue to radiate heat due to the residual warmth stored in the ceramic plate
- PROGRAMMABLE LCD DISPLAY: This MYLEK panel heater is super simple to use. By using the LCD control, you can easily set your desired hourly/daily/weekly time and temperature that you would like your heater to reach, as well as choosing between 3 different heat modes (one of which being frost protection). The child lock function prevents the heater from being tampered with and the LCD also dims for night-time use!
- USE WALL MOUNTED: Depending on where you want to place your panel heater, it can be wall-mounted using the simple to follow instructions and simple wall bracket as a template The heater can be fitted anywhere in your home and even carries a waterproof rating of IP24 meaning a qualified electrician can fit this heater in your bathroom
- UK CUSTOMER SERVICE & TWO YEAR WARRANTY: With Mylek's excellent UK customer service support and parts and replacement delivery service, along with your Amazon two year warranty you can be sure your unit will be kept running for many years to come. Height 45cm x Length 88.5cm x Depth 11.5cm, Weight 11.6kgs, Room Coverage: 20m2 - 25m2
- Maximum power: 2000 W
- Safe and efficient ceramic heating element, that provides fast and powerful spot heat safely, thanks to the ceramic element self-regulating heat output
- Digital control panel with LED display
- 2 power settings to optimize the energy consumption
- Advanced Ceramic Technology: Stay cosy and warm during colder days with the Comfee ceramic heater! This high-performance heater features 1500w ceramic heating elements that deliver quick and efficient heating while also saving energy & money.
- Adjustable Thermostat: The Comfee electric heater has 2 temperature settings and 2 total heating options, which allows you to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home all year round. It makes an excellent solution to heat up small rooms, or to keep your feet warm when you’re working at your desk!
- Removable Filter: The filter adopts buckle design for easy installation and removal. Removable back cover make it easier for you to clean the heater, Avoiding dust buildup, bringing in warmer winds and reduce the ennergy losses.
- Safety First: Our electric heater has a tip-over protection switch that will turn off the heater automatically if it is tipped forward or backward. Also, it is equipped with automatic overheat protection that will shut off the heater if it’s components start to overheat.
- Oscillation Function and Compact: With the Comfee ceramic fan heater, you can warm up any room in your home. It comes with a 30-degree oscillation function that heats up a space quickly and efficiently while remaining silent during its oscillation movement. This portable heater is compact and practical, equipped with a discrete handle, so you can carry it anywhere you need.
- Ceramic Technology: This space heater features advanced ceramic heating elements which provide faster and more energy efficient heating than regular oil filled radiators. This electric heater is perfect for keeping you warm this winter.
- 3 Power Settings & Fan Only Mode: Includes 2000W (high), 1300W (medium) & 900W (low) power modes as well as a gentle fan only mode. Reduce your energy bills by using this space heater to heat individual rooms rather than expensively heating your entire home or office.
- Adjustable Thermostat: An easy-to-use and fully adjustable thermostat control is built into the mini heater to monitor the surrounding air temperature and shuts off after reaching the desired temperature, ensuring optimal heating efficiency.
- Advanced Safety Features: Built in overheat protection and an enhanced anti-tip over switch ensures the indoor mini heater instantly switches off in any unsafe situation, giving you complete peace of mind
- Lightweight & Portable: The lightweight and compact design allows the small heater to be transported to wherever you needed it most, making it perfect use in homes, garages, caravans and offices. DIMENSIONS: 16.4 x 12.3 x 23.1 cm.
- 2kW MAXIMUM HEAT OUTPUT – Choose from 2 heat settings for complete flexibility during cold spells and winter months – 1000W for low heat and 2000W for high heat
- OSCILLATING FEATURE - The oscillating feature ensures even heat distribution, to create a toasty temperature throughout the room
- 20M² ROOM SIZE – This lightweight, portable heater is ideal for warming spaces up to 20m², perfect for rooms such as your home office or bedroom
- ADDED SAFETY FEATURES – This model features tip over and overheat protection for added safety, which ensures your heater will automatically switch off if it’s knocked over or gets too hot
- 2 YEAR GUARANTEE - This product comes with a free one year manufacturer guarantee. A free second year guarantee is available upon registering your product
- 2S INSTANT HEATING: Electric heater adopts ceramic heating elements to quickly heat up to 21°C and rated power up to 2000W for efficient heating in 2 seconds. Thanks to the high power of 2 heating modes: High mode (2000W) and Low mode (1200W) for your office and home provide personalized and comfortable temperature
- WIDE 65°OSCILLATION: With far-reaching 65°oscillations, this space heater for indoor use heats from side to side to increase the heat distribution range by 20% for excellent warmth
- FREE TEMPERATURE ADJUSTMENT: Portable Heater is free to customize the heating mode (Fan/Low/High) and temperature (60-99°F switch at will). Thanks to the built-in programmable thermostat, you can maintain a constant temperature in your room
- MEMORY MODE & REMOTE CONTROL: 5m/16.4ft long distance remote control, enjoy lazy time. The cold weather is suitable for curling up under the covers to catch up on the drama and watch the phone, infrared remote control allows you to complete the operation and control without walking around
- LOW NOISE & ENERGY-SAVING: Automatically adjusts heating mode based on the ambient temperature–this room heater saves your electric bill while keeping you cozy. Our portable electric heater is energy efficient and quieter than traditional ones, with a working noise as low as 45 DB
- POWERFUL AND EFFICIENT: This 2000W NETTA Fan Heater creates the ideal temperature for you by offering three heat settings, High, Low and Eco. Boasting an 83° angled position for 20% wider heat range as well as 65° of oscillation, this heater will heat your room as efficiently as possible.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: Weighing just 2.3KG, this mini heater is super-easy to move and carry from room to room making it a winter must-have in your office or home. The bonus of this portability is that you can save on your heating bill and reduce the use of your main heating system.
- EASY TO USE: The adjustable thermostat puts you in control and makes using this mini heater effortless. The built-in thermostat will automatically hold the temperature around the heater meaning you will always be basking at your ideal temperature. You can even control this heater from the comfort of your bed or chair, using the remote control.
- SAFETY FEATURES: This heater features tip-over and overheating protection, as well as a 12-hour auto shut off and CE and UKCA certifications. Even in the case of an accident, you can have peace of mind whilst using this heater
- DIMENSIONS: 45 x 20 x 20cm - WEIGHT: 2.3KG
- Manufactured by Dimplex - the heating brand you can trust
- Powerful 2. 5kW heat output
- Speaker style design with a glass base
- Remote control with Run-back timer
- Motorized oscillation for wider heat distribution
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!