Looking to buy the best Cordless Impact Driver? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
Even the best cordless drill driver will struggle with some activities when it comes to driving screws, such as installing decking, roofing timbers and ceilings, constructing a shed – or indeed any work that involves tougher woods and the requirement for longer than normal screws.
There’s just one tool that’s powerful and fast enough for the job in these situations: a cordless impact driver.
Because there are so many impact driver brands to pick from, we’ve enlisted the help of a few top-rated models to put them through their paces.
If all you do is assemble Ikea furniture or drive little screws into window frames to hang ornaments, impact drivers aren’t necessary.
When it comes to regularly addressing larger jobs, though, the impact driver reigns supreme.
How do you pick the best impact driver for your needs?
What makes a drill driver different from an impact driver?
An electric screwdriver and a drill are combined in a drill driver.
It’s ideal for light DIY projects like putting together flat-pack furniture, mending sheds, putting together barbecues, and, in most circumstances, drilling into walls.
Drill drivers, on the other hand, struggle with some hardwoods, requiring a lot of forearm and wrist pressure to drive the screw in.
This frequently results in the screw head being stripped.
Most decent drill drivers have two gears for smooth, regulated drilling and screwing, as well as an adjustable torque clutch that stops the drill driver’s spinning when it detects resistance.
This prevents you from driving screws too far into the wood or stripping the threads on nuts and bolts.
An impact driver, on the other hand, is the instrument to use if you’re doing some serious woodworking and need to drive longer screws into various types of wood.
These little titans resemble drill drivers, but their bodies are usually smaller, making them ideal for operating in tight locations.
A good impact driver can easily drive an 8-inch monster screw into wood without causing a commotion.
It accomplishes this by combining its screwing action with a quick and noisy up, down, and sideways pounding motion.
On the plus side, screws are pushed in at breakneck speed and with little effort, putting significantly less strain on the wrist and forearm.
As a result, there are much fewer instances of stripped screw heads.
The negative is that, unlike other drill drivers, impact drivers don’t have an adjustable torque clutch, so the
re’s a good risk you’ll drive the screw too far into the wood, especially if it’s a small screw.
As a result, several manufacturers have begun to include two- and three-speed switches on their impact drivers, allowing you to drive the screw in at a slower pace and stop it before it buries itself too deeply.
Despite having a variable speed trigger, the gearing system of an impact driver is less subtle than that of a drill driver, thus using a slower speed allows you to place the screw more precisely, preventing it from wandering off at an angle.
Finally, impact drivers have a spring-action sleeve that only accepts screw bits with 1/4in hex shanks, whereas drill drivers have a chuck mechanism – a clawed device on the end of the drill that opens and closes to accommodate different sized circular drill bits.
This means you won’t be able to drill holes using an impact driver.
Is it better to acquire a brushless model?
Brushless motors are now used in many of the greatest power tools.
A brushless motor, without getting too scientific, enables for a more compact body while simultaneously providing longer run periods, practically limitless motor life, and more power.
Brushless motor-driven tools are more expensive than their brushed equivalents, but they are well worth the investment.
Why isn’t a battery included with an impact driver?
When looking for a power tool or even a lawnmower, you’ll see that it’s promoted as being sold without a battery or charger.
Because most manufacturers have created their own
interchangeable battery systems to match their complete line of tools, this is the case.
As a result, they believe the consumer already owns one of the company’s power tools, which may be used to hot-swap the battery.
Naturally, this ties the customer to a single brand, which is exactly what the manufacturer wants.
There’s no need to get a separate battery and charger if you already own a Makita power tool and want to buy another one from the same manufacturer.
However, if you don’t already possess a Makita device, the power tool, battery, and charger will set you back more.
- Design: metal shell, larger ventilation holes accelerate the cooling efficiency. Brushless motor bring a more powerful ability, less Failure rate, longer lifetime
- Multi-function: forward and reverse switch, two speed regulation, intelligent regulation, torque up to 170N.m, suitable for screws and nuts of different specifications; LED working light, with good light diffusion, can illuminate more areas. quick release chuck,sturdy holding and quick release
- Convenience: lightweight body design with screwdriver head bits and nut, suitable for daily use; The metal hook can be hung at the waist for aerial work. The canvas bag is easy to take in. Suitable for furniture, houses, etc
- Intelligence: battery pack with power indicator, with over- heating protection, quick charger takes only 1 hour; battery pack and charger are compatible with the full range of products of INGCO P20S platform
- Included components: 1 impact driver + 2 batteries+1 charger+2 screwdriver bits (65mm) + 3 nut holders + 1 canvas bag
- 20V MAX BATTERY: The Cordless Driver comes with a 1.3Ah Lithium Ion battery and a charger for extended run time. Indicator on the the front of the battery to display how many power left for less downtime on the job
- VARIABLE SPEED TRIGGER: Variable speed switch adjust speed by the amount of trigger depression. The trigger switch(0 and 2800rpm) allows to control your own drilling speed which perfects for what you are setting up for
- TOOL-LESS BITS CHANGE: With this special chuck, you can easily and quickly remove bits from the tool by simply pulling back on the collet. Insert the bits into the collet. No tools necessary
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE DESIGN & CONVENIENCE: Soft rubber handle provides a comfortable grip for being breezily operated in one hand, includes a belt hook attached to the base of the tool lets you hold on to fasteners and bits that you may need to attach to the tool while you’re high up on a ladder
- WHAT YOU GET: 1*GALAX PRO 95307 Impact Driver, 1* 1.3A Battery, 1* Charger,1* Tool Holder, 6* Screwdriver Bits, 1* User Manual
- High-powered Impact Driver Starter Kit designed to quickly fasten or loosen long screws or large bolts.
- Ideal for decking, fencing and roofing, where fastening larger fixings, coach bolts and long screws are essential.
- Achieves up to 200Nm of torque, 3600ipm impact rate and 3200rpm no load speed to quickly and efficiently drive screws.
- Featuring a variable speed trigger for greater control, an LED light to illuminate the work area, and a quick-load keyless hex drive for quick and easy bit changes.
- Includes a Ryobi ONE+ 2.0Ah battery and charger, compatible with over 100 other Ryobi ONE+ tools for the home and garden.
- 18V JCB POWERFUL IMPACT DRIVER: A great addition to your cordless tool kit the JCB 18V Impact Driver is the ultimate driver for site or home use. This cordless impact driver set includes the 18V Cordless Impact Driver 1 x 4.0Ah 18V battery and 2.4A fast battery charger (providing a full charge in under an hour). This powerful impact driver is great for screwdriving functions where greater torque is required. The built in LED light enables visibility in poorly lit and dim working conditions
- JCB CORDLESS IMPACT DRIVER FEATURES: This ergonomically designed impact driver has a rubber grip over-mould providing the user with increased comfort. With a belt clip that can be positioned on either side of the JCB 18V Impact Driver these power tools are simple to use and user friendly. With an impressive load speed of up to 2000rpm and impact rate of up to 3000bpm this JCB Impact Driver is powerful and practical
- CONVENIENT HAND TOOLS: JCB tools are designed to suit construction workers and the everyday DIY lover. This battery powered impact driver kit delivers an incredible 150Nm of torque. It is designed with a 1/4″ Hex quick change chuck and a 18V Lithium-Ion battery with a charge indicator which will let you to know when to change the batteries
- DESIGNED FOR LONGEVITY: The JCB range of power tools has been developed to reflect the JCB ethos of quality and innovation. JCB offer products that exceed the ever increasing standards and needs of professional and home DIY users. This 18V Impact Driver with LED light demonstrates how JCB continue to innovate and push the boundaries in research and development
- JCB PROFESSIONAL TOOLS: The experienced engineering and industrial design teams at JCB have produced a comprehensive range of power tools and accessories including the 18V Impact Driver. The ideology of JCB is one of constant development and seeking the next level of success. This range of tools reflects the JCB brand in their desire to build sustainable products and reach innovative milestones in the world of engineering
- 【25 + 3 Settings Drill Set】 It has 25 different torque settings, 3 functions: drill, hammer drill and electric screwdriver. You will always be able to find the perfect setting for whatever material, whether that be wood, plastic, metal and a variety of other materials.
- 【10mm Collet & Double Speed】 Maximum torque 25N.m.The cordless drill has 2 variable speeds (0-550rpm and 0-1500rpm) for drilling and screw driving applications.The 2-10 mm collet of this drill will fulfill you all work requirements.
- 【2*2A Batteries & 1 Charger】 With 2 lithium-ion batteries of 2000 mAh and 1 charger. A full charge can be done in 2.5 hour. CE certified and RoHS compliant to the highest UK standards, perfect for professional and DIYers.
- 【Simple & Safe Operation】Adjust the speed and gear switch according to your needs, and the humanized design is easy to operate, rubber-covered handle provides a comfortable grip for being breezily operated in one hand,for either precise screw driving or rapid drilling.
- 【Premium Accessories】58 accessories,1 Cordless Drill,2*2A lithium batteries,1 quick charger,3 Brad Point Drill Bit(6/8/10 mm),5 Twist Drill Bit(2/4/5/6/8 mm),9 Socket Wrench(5-13 mm),1 Fastening Pieces,1 Hex Screwdriver Holder,32 screwdrivers,1 Blue tape measure,1 Flexible Drill Shaft,1 user manual.
- Variable speed control with forward And reverse bit rotation
- Metal gear housing for durability and prolonged life
- Compact and lightweight design for going through narrow spaces
- Led light better sight for dark areas
- Powershare 20V battery is interchangeable with other WORX Tools
- 🚀Powerful Impacts & 20 Pieces of Accessories🚀 WESCO drill driver can provide a powerful torque to meet efficient tightening tasks and a wide range of applications, helping to easily cope with most screw drives in the house jobs.
- 🚀Variable Speed Trigger & Quick chuck🚀 With 1/4 "quick chuck, no additional tool is required for locking. The chuck grips tightly and no drill bits slip through. Variable speed switch adjust speed by the amount of trigger depression (0-3400 bpm). The deeper you press the switch, the faster the speed, which allows you to change the optimal speed for different applications.
- 🚀Fast charger & 18V Battery System🚀 The 2.0Ah Li-Ion battery is simple and easy to attach to the charging station and you can see when the battery is charged by the red or green light. The battery lasts a long time and is quickly recharged (1.3 hours). We also offer a 2.0Ah battery and a 4.0Ah battery separately.Have fun with your WESCO 18V battery system.
- 🚀Ergonomic handle & LED light🚀The ergonomic handle makes the impact wrench comfortable to hold and easy to handle. The reduced vibrations offer low-fatigue working. The vision light offers you a clear view even in poor lighting conditions.
- 🚀What You Get & 2 Years Warranty🚀 1x impact driver, 1x battery, 1x charger), 1x belt clip, 1x 50mm insert, 10pcs 1/4" hex magnetic nut driver, 5pcs 50mm PH inserts, 5pcs 50mm PZ inserts and 2 years warranty. If you have any question, you can contact us by email: email@example.com
- 【Upgrade 5000mAh Batteries】 Long lasting battery with real capacity of 5.0Ah, give you enough service time and reduce the charging frequency. Package includes 2 batteries, good for replacement and keep your tool working. The LED indicator helps you know the juice left easily and you can recharge them in time.
- 【Upgrade Protection】Temperature Anomaly Protection；Hoare Anomaly Protection; Short-circuit Protection; Intelligent Dormancy; Electrodeless Variable- Speed; Rotation Blocking Protection; Lack of Voltage Protection; Overload Current Protection
- 【High Torque & Multiple Speeds】 It delivers up to 23,20 in.lbs of max torque with 2 speeds (0-1,500 RPM Max & 0-2,800 IPM Max)
- 【Brushless Motor】Built-in brushless motor, enables this tool to run cooler and more efficiently, optimizes battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- 【Package includes】 1 x Impact Driver; 1 x User Manual; 12 x drilling bit; 2 X Battery; 1 x Carry Case; 1 X Battery Charger; 1x Socket Connector Rod; 9 Sockets(13mm/12mm/11mm/10mm/9mm/8mm/7mm/6mm/5mm Socket)
- [2 Pack 5.0 Ah Li-Ion Battery & Charger ]: with 2 batteries, good for replacement and keep your tool working. Long lasting battery with real capacity of 5.0Ah, give you enough service time and reduce the charging frequency.
- [Brushless Impact Wrench]: 330 Torque, with a no-load speed of 0 to 3200 IPM, Have Forward/Reverse Switch, variable speed trigger, and smart control panel.
- [Ergonomic]: With soft TPE coating handle provides comfortable and balanced control. Hollow rubber covers the clutch housing for safe grip, especially to avoid burns during work.
- [Impact Wrench Kit include]: 1 Impact Wrench, 2*5Ah Battery, 6 Impact Sockets(14mm/17mm/18mm/19mm/21mm/22mm), 1 Battery Charger, 1 User Manual, 1 Power Tool Carry Case.
- [Scope of application ]: this impact wrench is suitable for tightening or loosening nuts and bolts, suitable for basic household work and construction, like mounting shelves, smaller automotive work.
- Only 131mm in length, allowing you to get into even smaller spaces Only 1. 0kg (tool only) for ultimate portability
- Up to 190Nm torque allows you to achieve tough applications
- Efficient brushless motor delivers high performance, extends tool life and allows for a much shorter design
- 'Drop and Load' bit holder for one-handed operation
- Includes belt hook
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine reviews from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!