Best electric breast pump
Looking to buy the best electric breast pump? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for you.
Your daily routine will suddenly centre on naps, nappy changes, and feeding once your kid has arrived safely into the world.
It may be a magical yet stressful period, especially as you develop a routine and get to know your new baby in the first few days and weeks.
When it comes to feeding, an electric breast pump can help you express milk for your baby while also allowing you to take a well-deserved break when you need it.
The most current and inventive new electric devices also allow you to pump discreetly and easily, whether at home or on the go, and some even connect to digital apps so you can track how much and when you’ve pumped.
In a nutshell, they assist in making the process considerably simpler and less stressful.
However, with so many models to choose from, it’s critical to do your homework and invest in the best one for you and your kid.
That way, you’ll get off to the best possible start with your feeding journey.
What factors should you consider when selecting an electric breast pump?
Is there a difference between breast pumping and breastfeeding?
Although the experience of a pump differs from that of a baby, it should not give you any pain or suffering.
Most electric pumps are designed to mirror a baby’s natural feeding cycle, and you may modify the speed and suction to suit your needs.
It may take a few minutes to get a good flow going, so don’t get discouraged if you can only express a little amount of milk at first.
What is the best way to use an electric breast pump?
First and foremost, choose a peaceful area where you won’t be interrupted and get comfortable.
You’ll want to feel comfortable and at ease, just like when you’re breastfeeding.
Place the cone-shaped shield over your breast, covering the nipple and areola fully and securing the pump’s bottle or hub.
The pump is then switched to expression mode, which stimulates the let-down of the breasts and starts the milk flow.
Many of the current electric types don’t have any dangling tubes and fit neatly and easily beneath clothing, so you should be able to get up and go about your day after you’ve got into a decent routine.
What is the difference between a closed-system pump and an open-system pump?
The words “open” and “closed” systems are frequently used by breast pump manufacturers.
But what exactly does this imply?
Simply said, it refers to whether the breast pump and expressed milk are separated by a barrier, which is typically found between the tubing and the motor, or between the breast shield connector and the tubing.
Closed-system pumps have a physical barrier to prevent milk (or other pollutants) from leaking into the pump’s mechanism, allowing it to be cleaned properly, whereas open-system pumps do not, increasing the risk of contamination from bacteria or mould over time.
Although manufacturers of open-system pumps claim that the risk of contamination is low, you should avoid them if you’re tempted to buy a cheap second-hand unit on eBay or elsewhere, and you should be extra careful with sterilising and cleaning.
A closed system is also referred to as “overflow prevention” by some pump manufacturers, but both terms signify the same thing.
What is the best way to clean my pump?
It is recommended that you wash the suction cup and bottle with soapy water after each use and sanitise the suction cup and bottle once a week.
However, make sure to read the manufacturer’s specific instructions, as some parts may require extra attention.
You should also purchase a bottle brush to assist you in cleaning in between the shields and valves’ many crevices.
I’m not sure how I’m going to store the milk.
Once your milk is safely stored in bottles or bags, NHS guidelines recommend keeping it at room temperature for no more than six hours or storing it in the back of the fridge (not the door) for up to eight days at 4 degrees Celsius or lower.
If you’re not sure if your refrigerator is cold enough, utilise it within three days.
Frozen breast milk can last up to six months if properly defrosted; ideally, leave it in the fridge to defrost completely, but if you’re in a hurry, run it under warm water.
It should never be defrosted in the microwave, should not be refrozen after thawing, and should be consumed within 12 hours of being defrosted.
Best electric breast pump to buy
- ❤HOW TO USE : If you don't know how to use the product, please contact us as soon as possible, we will provide detailed use steps.
- ❤ 4 Modes 9 Levels - Closed System,4 modes and 9 levels of suction for choice,massage and stimulate breasts before pumping,comfortable and pain free. You can choose the mode and level you want.
- ❤ Build-in Chargeable Battery - Convenient at home and out, including a USB charger and 2200mAh Li-ion battery built-in with large capacity (INPUT: 5V/1A). You can easily charge the breast pump through power bank, laptop, wall charger or car charger.
- ❤ PAIN-FREE PUMPING: Come with 2 soft silicone massage cushion will protect your soft and delicate breasts efficiently. And provide a secure seal and snug to prevent leaking milk.
- ❤ Warranty Policy - This product has 12 months warranty. Please feel free to conact us if you have any questions, we will do our best to help you within 24 hours.
- NEW DETACHABLE FLANGES: Come with 24mm new detachable flanges,easier to clean and more compatible with many breast feeding bras.
- NEW CUTE BOTTLE: Come with 2 pieces of oval bottles,stand more stable on talbe.Made of food grade PP and SiliconeBPA and phthalate free.
- TINY& PRACTICAL: The machine is small and light,you can even put it into your troubser pocket(OPERATION PANEL TORWARDS OUTSIDE),but it can provide up to 380mmHg suction.You can adjust it by clicking the icon + and -
- WIRELSS & FREE: Buillt-in 1200mAh Li-ion battery, you can pump with it in the car,on work or anywhere you’d like. It takes 40mins to be fully recharged and can last 60~100 minutes based on the setting.
- QUALITY & AFFORDABLE: Bellababy is dedicated to providing moms quality,safe and affordable breast pumps to help feeding their babies.
- Hospital grade performance: lansinoh double electric breast pump has 3 pumping styles and 8 suction levels for breastfeeding mums
- Maximise efficiency: can be used as a single breast pump or double breast pump and in conjunction with other lansinoh products
- Hygienic design: our closed system design, guarantees no breastmilk can enter the tubing or motor, helping to prevent mould & bacteria build-up
- Mighty quiet: Lab tests have shown this breast pump is significantly quieter than the leading breast pump available*, so it’s discreet enough to use anywhere
- USB rechargeable: Powered by a lightweight, USB rechargeable power unit so you can use this breast pump anywhere. Full charge gives you over 60 minutes of power to express breast milk on the go
- Massage and express modes: Choose from 5 massage and 9 express settings to stimulate milk flow and express breast milk in a way that is comfortable for you
- No backflow: The hygienic closed system makes sure every drop of breast milk is collected with no backflow into air tubes
- MassageTec cup: The soft, cushioned silicone cup is gentle on tender breasts and uses massage to stimulate milk flow and keeps you comfortable as you express
- Ultra Quiet
- Night Light. Vacuum range 0 ~ 320 mmHg
- Variable Suction and Cycle
- Massage / Letdown Mode. Cycle length is 38-54 RPM and the motor life is 1500 hours
- Built In Rechargeable battery. Manufacturer guidance is to allow 6 hours for first charge prior to useage
- Compact, portable, easy to use: This electric breast pump is compact and portable, and you can conveniently switch between phases and vacuum levels finding the most comfortable setting for you
- Comfortable, efficient expression: Swing Flex comes complete with Medela PersonalFit Flex breast shields for added comfort and improved milk flow
- Shaped around you: The oval shape of the PersonalFit Flex shield with its soft, smooth, flexible rim can be rotated 360 degrees, so you can easily adapt its position to suit your breast shape
- A natural pumping experience: Medela 2-Phase Expression technology mimics baby's instinctive rhythms for a more natural-feeling and comfortable pumping experience
- Items delivered: 1 x Swing motor unit, 1 x mains adapter, 1 x 150ml bottle with lid, 1 x bottle stand, 2 x PersonalFit Flex breast shield (1 x 21mm, 1 x 24mm), 1 x Quick card, instructions for use
- Pain Free & Fast Sucking - 2 Mode (pumping mode and massage mode), 9 levels for Suction mode. Massage mode helps to push the milk out of your milk ducts and reduce the discomfort of the breasts; 9 suction levels ensures every mom find her own rhythm and produce more milk in less time.
- Hospital Grade Breast Pump - Made of food-grade soft silicone. Skin-friendly, safe and BPA-free. Closed system, the backflow protector valve helps prevent milk backup into the tubing, protected mother and baby from germs.
- Portable & Wireless Use - Lightweight and portable pump and large capacity rechargeable battery for on the go pumping. After fully charged, the pump can be used for 1.5 hours (used 3-6 times).
- More User-Friendly Design - 2 food-grade silicone pacifiers and feeding bottles can feed the baby directly after pumping. The silicone shields can be firmly adsorbed on breasts of various sizes.
- More Functions - Low-noise electric breast pump makes you no worries about waking your baby when pumping during a nap or bedtime. A closed system design keeps breastmilk from backing up into the motor or tubing .It can be used as a double or single electric pump.
- 【3 Modes & 10 Levels & Safe】Automatic breast pumps have 3 modes(Massage, Suction, Bionic), also contains two tubes - Double & Single, give more choices to new mothers. Meet all your needs.
- 【3D Soft Silicone Massage Cushion】Soft breast cushion massages the areola, and provide a secure seal and snug fit to solve leaking milk.
- 【High Efficiency & Easy to Use】Turn on the electric breast pump and automatically start a gentle pacing mode to stimulate milk flow. It pumps more milk in less time thanks to its 3-phase expression technology.Emovable parts are dishwasher safe.
- 【Easy to Clean and Compose Double Breast Pumps】 Each component can be flexibly assembled and disassembled. Except for the electrical parts, all other removable parts are dishwasher safe. thanks to its 3-phase expression technology.
- 【USB Rechargeable Battery Portable Breast Pump】Travel-ready at short time, including a USB charger and built-in lithium battery with large capacity(INPUT: 5V/1A, NOT INCLUDED). A full charge takes about 1.5 hours and can be used 3-4 times.
- Mum recommended: The Tommee Tippee double electric breast pump has been awarded the MumsNet rated badge with 97% of users saying they would recommend to a friend or family member*
- Lightweight, slimline and quiet: Designed for busy mums, this double pump allows mums to express naturally and quickly wherever and whenever they choose
- Portable and compact: Powered by a lightweight, USB rechargeable power unit, giving you 90 minutes of cord-free pump time on the go
- Massage and express modes: The soft, cushioned silicone cups are gentle on tender breasts and the 5 massage and 9 express settings stimulate milk flow and keeps you comfortable as you express
- Single or double: The choice is yours. You can use the pump as a single or double electric pump with just the push of a button you can express from one side or both
- Pump, wherever: This compact, light and portable Freestyle Flex breast pump from Medela has a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts for up to eight double-pumping sessions from a full charge
- Track progress via app: Connect Freestyle Flex to the free MyMedela app, download on your smartphone to register and track pumping progress
- Designed to fit: The oval shape of the PersonalFit Flex shield with its soft, smooth, flexible rim can be rotated 360 degrees, so you can easily adapt its position to suit your breast shape
- Comfortable, efficient expression: Complete with PersonalFit Flex breast shields for more comfort and improved milk flow, overflow protection meanwhile prevents milk spilling into the tubing and motor
- Items delivered: 1 x Double electric breast pump, 4 x PersonalFit Flex breast shield, 1 x tubing, 4 x 150 ml breast milk bottle, 2 x bottle stand, 1 x USB power adaptor, 1 x carry bag, 1 x cooler
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!