Looking to buy the best Garden Storage Box? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
If you don’t have room for a shed or prefer to keep your gardening tools close at hand, outdoor storage boxes are a terrific option to keep the clutter out of your yard.
We only look at the best garden storage boxes, ones that can withstand repeated use.
We go over their advantages and disadvantages as well as their top features.
Our Buyer’s Guide can help you determine which storage box is ideal for your garden’s needs.
Buyer’s Guide to The Best Garden Storage Boxes
Before selecting the finest storage box for your garden’s needs, there are a few factors to keep in mind.
And the majority of it is your own investigation into what you require.
This Buyer’s Guide covers everything.
What kind of items are you planning on storing?
There are numerous horticultural things that require storage in order to remain out of the way and out of sight.
They select the type of storage that is most appropriate for you.
They range in size from lawnmowers to medium-sized power tools like strimmers to manual tools like spades and trowels.
In the winter, there are also your patio accessories, such as cushions, chair covers, and tables.
Not to mention anything for your pool or hot tub that is portable.
What about children’s toys, grilling equipment, gardening clothes and wellies, and even automobile cleaning supplies?
The list might go on forever.
Is there a minimum size requirement for the box?
It’s critical that you know exactly what you want to save.
You must also be open and honest about your level of cleanliness and organisation.
Both of these factors influence the size of the box you’ll require and whether it should be front-opening.
If you don’t have much and are somewhat organised about putting things away, a smaller box will suffice.
You can also get away with a top cover because you won’t have to rummage around as much.
You’ll need a larger box if you have a lot of small goods or a few large ones to store, or if you’re more disorganised.
You’ll be digging through items to find what you’re looking for, and you’ll have to move things about to find it.
Consider obtaining a shed with front-opening doors so you can see what’s inside more easily.
What will you do with the storage box?
It’s one thing to realise you’ll need a large box to house all of your belongings; it’s another to figure out where you’ll put it.
Do you want it to be the focal point of attention or should it be tucked away around a corner?
Do you intend to use it frequently and require it to be placed on the patio, and if so, do you have space?
Can you hide them in the bushes if it’s merely to hold gardening tools?
Make sure you know exactly where the box will go and how it will appear.
Is a garden storage box really necessary?
Although we wrote this evaluation regarding garden storage boxes, they may not be the ideal option for your outdoor storage needs.
Consider getting a shed instead if you have a lot of gardening equipment.
If you’re going to install the storage box on your patio, consider putting a storage seat next to it to solve two problems at once.
Material for garden storage boxes
Plastic, wood, and metal are the most popular materials used to make garden storage boxes.
Plastic is the most common material for garden storage boxes.
It is a long-lasting and low-maintenance substance that we recommend.
Plastic only needs to be washed every now and again to keep it appearing clean and new, and it does not fade over time.
It is less expensive and lighter than other materials.
Our best picks for low-maintenance models are plastic models.
In the garden, wood lends a more traditional style and a more natural appearance.
A wooden box may need to be stained to keep its rustic appearance, or it can be painted to match your garden furniture.
We always recommend starting with a protective treatment and then repeating it every year.
Metal outdoor storage is more safe and has a more sophisticated appearance.
They are often composed of steel, which is tough to vandalise or damage.
The expense of these boxes is usually reflected in their robustness; they are the most expensive kinds.
The majority of metal outdoor storage is powder-coated in green paint to fit the normal garden environment.
Additional Features can be found in our review, where we compare the best metal sheds.
Even once you’ve selected your garden box, there are a few little details to consider.
Look for storage containers with padlockable doors and lids.
This not only keeps your belongings safe, but it also keeps the box from opening in the event of heavy winds or storms.
Reinforcement of the foundations
To keep them level, garden storage boxes should be built on firm, level, and dry ground.
In wet weather, soil, grass, or loose gravel may not be enough to keep the box from being saturated, and an uneven surface may damage the structure.
To keep them waterproof, most plastic and wood models feature built-in floors.
Look for a storage box with front-opening doors as well as a top lid if you plan on storing large garden equipment in it or prefer to have a clear view of what’s within.
Best Garden Storage Boxes To Buy
- Ideal outdoor storage solution for garden tools, equipment and x2 240 L wheelie bins
- Elegant wood effect panels with a piston-assisted lid and wide opening doors and a 1200 L capacity
- Heavy-duty floor with main door bolt and secondary foot bolt for secure closure
- Made of durable, weather-resistant and maintenance fade-free resin
- Assembled external dimensions: 145.5 x 82 x 123 cm (L x W x H); internal dimensions: 132 x 76 x 110 cm (L x W x H)
- Ideal outdoor storage box for garden tools and equipment, furniture cushions, garden games and accessories
- Decorative wood panel-style finishing with 71G capacity keeping all items ventilated and dry
- Built-in handles for convenient portability and can comfortably seats two adults
- Made of durable, weatherproof, maintenance and fade-free plastic
- Assembled external dimensions: 44.5 x 17.4 x 22.2 inches (L x W x H); Internal dimensions: 44.6 x 15.6 x 20 inches (L x W x H)
- BUILT FOR OUTDOOR USE - The Olsen & Smith large plastic storage box is perfect for keeping your garden space neat and tidy. It is ideal for storing tools, toys and games, small to medium items of furniture, cushions, accessories and much more.
- STRONG & WEATHERPROOF - Each storage box is constructed from high-quality polypropylene with a reinforced steel frame. The box is weatherproof, and can sit two people on top. It features two gas-assisted lifting hinges to make opening and closing easier.
- PLACE IN YOUR IDEAL LOCATION - The vacuum-moulded handles make the box easy to move around wherever it is required. The rectangular shape makes it easy to store in any location. If you own a padlock, the box is also lockable for added security.
- ASSEMBLE WITH EASE - The product will arrive flat-packed for hassle-free delivery. With easy-to-follow instructions, you can have your box ready within minutes of arrival - all you need is a Phillips screwdriver.
- SPECIFICATIONS - Assembled external dimensions: 146 x 71 x 75 cm (L x W x H), Assembled internal dimensions: 140.3 x 66.6 x 72.6 cm (L x W x H), Capacity 680L
- Capacity: 750 Litres
- Material: Heavy Duty Plastic - Weatherproof
- Colour: Black
- 2 Lockable Hinged Lids
- Dimensions (cm): H80 x W155 x L66
- Delivers a capacity of approx. 870 L
- Dimensions (L x W x H): approx. 147 x 83 x 86 cm/inner approximately 136,2 x 28.8 x 77,8 cm
- UV and weather resistant
- Includes gas lift for easy opening
- Lockable (padlock not supplied).
- Weather Resistant: Whatever the weather, each of these extra large plastic garden storage boxes is made from a waterproof & UV resistant material, so will be safe from the elements.
- Great Size: This extra large garden storage box has 336L of storage space, ideal for storing anything from bike accessories to tool boxes, garden tools, recycling, and shoes. Dimensions: H54cm x W120cm x 45cm.
- Heavy Duty & Securely Lockable Lid: Made from fade-resistant resin, these deck boxes clip together easily in minutes, and the lockable hinged lid (padlock not included) keeps your valuables safe.
- Wheels & Ventilation Feature: The idooka storage box is fitted with wheels to enable you to move it around with ease, while clever ventilation keeps fabric items like cushions safe from degenerating.
- Stylish Design: With a faux-wood effect, the waterproof storage box will look great inside or outside, whether you keep it in the garden or use it to store towels indoors.
- Features : Large capacity up to 322L, Unique butterfly lid opening, Padlock hole situated on the lid, Weather Proof and robust, Water Resistant
- Includes : 1x large outdoor storage box
- Material : Polypropylene
- Dimensions : H60 x L115 x W55cm, Internal dimensions: H55 x L113 x W52cm
- Weight : 10kg, Colour : Black
- Capacity 490L, Suitable for various storage purposes, large storage box suitable for garden covers, cushions and other tools
- Strong, Durable & Sturdy designed for all year round use, comes with all screws needed and simple instructions to follow
- Perfect addition for any indoor or outdoor area such as gardens, patio, garages, driveways and many more
- Lid Supported by 2 Gas Lift allowing for easy opening and closing
- Dimensions 1464x610x644mm Can Seat 2 Adults multiple purpose suitable for storing all your garden needs and useful as a bench for relaxing
- long-lasting backyard storage box - with 71 cubic feet and made of durable UV resistant PP plastic resin, it will Solve all your storage needs. This is your best choice in a deck box for storing garden tools, cushions, pillow, gear, toys, pool supplies, the possibilities are endless!
- strong and durable - protection and durability are crucial. Our garden storage boxes feature elegant wood look which is attractive yet strong. Ideal for any backyard, porch, deck, outdoor patio, pool, garage, garden or even use indoors
- Fade and mildew resistant - forget about spending extra time and money on maintenance, you won’t need to paint or treat this outdoor storage deck boxes as you do with other storage containers. We can guarantee this box won’t rust, or corrode as metal structures that are painted and completely maintenance free
- Superior quality, made with heavy duty, weather-resistant polypropylene construction this modern eye catching deck storage box features a woodgrain finish, a flat lid that flips open on hinges for easy access to your items and can hold over 400 lbs., ergonomic side handles, while keeping your belonging clean and dry
- committed to your satisfaction - Discover the Duramax storage option that’s right for you. With the largest selection of sheds and deck boxes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles, we’ve got you covered. Add tasteful and functional accessories to complete your space, and you’ll have everything you need to create a beautiful perfectly organized—environment, inside and out.
- Ideal outdoor storage box for garden tools and equipment, furniture cushions, garden games and accessories
- Decorative wood panel-style finishing with 454 L capacity keeping all items ventilated and dry
- Piston-assisted lid, comfortably seats two adults and has lockable option for added security
- Made of durable, weather-resistant and maintenance fade-free
- Assembled external dimensions: 145 x 69.7 x 60.3 cm (L x W x H); internal dimensions: 138 x 59.6 x 55.2 cm (L x W x H)
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!