Best gumball machines
Looking to buy the best gumball machine? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the right one for you.
How long has it been since you last used a coin-operated machine?
A payphone, Pac-Man, or a gumball machine were most likely involved.
Despite the fact that everyone nowadays has a cell phone and a video game, the novelty of a gumball machine is difficult to match.
Gumball machines are eternal mementos of a bygone era.
These distinctive American motifs were commonplace in arcades, restaurants, and grocery shops, and you can still come across one now and then.
Gumball machines, both tabletop and freestanding, have become fashionable, inexpensive, and effective decorative objects.
They work in the same way that traditional ones do with pennies, and they still provide the thrill of twisting the key to get a gumball.
Personal gumball machines are also available for children aged six and up.
Even if they don’t require cash to operate, it’s still entertaining to turn the key for a surprise.
With a gumball machine, you can relive childhood memories while also creating new ones.
Our shopping guide will assist you in evaluating the various versions and choose one that meets your gum, snack, or nostalgia requirements.
Parts of a gumball machine that should be considered
This is the machine’s clear, circular top, which holds gumballs.
Glass globes are used in replica and luxury models.
The globes on less priced models, on the other hand, are composed of plastic.
The globes are normally circular in shape, though certain retail models may be square.
The base of a gumball machine, which is generally red and silver, is perhaps the most recognised feature of the machine.
Replicas are constructed of cast metal, while other models are made of plastic.
The globe is frequently weighted at the base to prevent it from tumbling over due to the weight of the gumballs.
Mechanism for dispensing
The key crank and coin feed, which drive the gumball dispensing mechanism, are located on the base.
There’s still a key crank to turn to extract a gumball in plastic ones that don’t require money to operate.
The gumball is caught in the well of a gumball machine.
It’s frequently a little depression or cavity at the end of an inner funnel that connects to the globe.
Gumballs do not fly out of the machine because of this.
Gumball machines come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Replica gumball machines: Replica gumball machines are designed to look like the classic retail models and carry 400 to 600 standard gumballs.
They weigh about 5 pounds and are made of cast metal and glass.
These are typically tabletop machines that stand between 12 and 16 inches tall.
If you’re looking for a piece of nostalgia, a reproduction model is probably your best bet.
Mini gumball machines: These miniature treasures, which are primarily constructed of plastic, stand between 6 and 10 inches tall.
While their functioning is usually limited, they are usually easy to replenish.
Mini gumball machines are becoming increasingly popular as party prizes, and not just for children’s events.
Bridal showers, sweet sixteen parties, and even corporate giving have all used them.
Gumball machines, on the other hand, have a bit more staying power than most favours, especially since they’re refillable and, let’s face it, a lot of fun.
Full-size gumball machines are self-contained and resemble a replica gumball machine with a tall, narrow leg.
They’re usually the same size as tabletop models or somewhat larger.
Two to four connected globes are included in some full-size gumball machines, allowing customers a variety of confectionery selections.
To spice things up and spark conversation, place a full-size machine next to a water cooler in your office.
Traditional gumball machines, such as those seen in stores and restaurants, feature red and sometimes yellow bases.
Because they’re generally aimed at youngsters, personal gumball machines made of plastic can come in any colour or style.
Choosing your machine’s contents
Standard-size gumballs, measuring 0.62 inches in diameter, are the most typical contents for replica gumball machines.
Smaller gumball machines, of course, will require smaller gumballs, however locating these specialty sizes may be difficult.
You can use chocolates or nuts instead of gumballs if you want to try something different.
Freestanding or tabletop
If you can’t decide whether you want a replica or a full-sized gumball machine, think about where you’ll put it.
Tabletop models are ideal for use at a bar or on a counter, and their modest size makes them easy to travel.
Freestanding models give a more traditional appearance, but you’ll need to make sure you have enough floor space.
A freestanding machine can easily be tipped over.
Make a coin bank out of your gumball machine.
Even if you don’t like chewing gum, a gumball machine can be used as a fun coin bank.
Over a sink or basin, refill the machine.
While it’s simple to load the machine with gumballs or candy, cleanup can be time-consuming if there’s a leak.
Filling the machine in a separate area limits the spill radius and eliminates the need to crawl on the floor or vacuum stray candy.
As a housewarming present, give one.
Gumball machines are one-of-a-kind additions to any home.
They can be placed in a basement, playroom, or kitchen by the recipients.
Choose your material carefully.
While chocolate sweets are great in gumball machines, you’ll wind up with a globe full with melted chocolate if the space or office isn’t climate-controlled.
Best gumball machines to buy
- GUMBALLS INCLUDED – This gumball machine bank comes with a 100g supply of brightly coloured gumballs already included so the product can be used as soon as it is removed from its packaging. Once these have been used up the machine can be refilled over and again with more gumballs or a wide variety of other sweets and snacks such as jelly-beans, peanuts or other personal sweet or savoury favourites.
- FUN AND EASY TO USE – The product's simple mechanism makes it easy to operate for even the youngest child over 3 years of age. Just slip in a coin, turn the front crank handle and instantly a gumball is released through a slot at the machine's base. The machine accepts a variety of coins, anything in fact which has a diameter of 25mm or less, adding to its versatility.
- TOY SAVING BANK FEATURE – The gumball machine bank is dual purpose. It acts as both sweet and snack dispenser as well as a toy saving bank which stores coins. The variety of coins which can be used means savings can be added to with different amounts from 1p upwards. The machine allows one twist of the handle per coin and so teaches children the value of saving while entertaining at the same time.
- HEIGHT APPROXIMATELY 21CM – Big enough to hold a good supply of gumballs or other sweets and snacks, the gumball machine bank is also compact enough to place on a bedroom shelf, on a work desk or on a kitchen worktop. It can also be easily packed away in a toy-box, drawer or cupboard or even carried in a school-bag.
- AN IDEAL GIFT FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS – With its bright red design, this is a fun and exciting gift for kids of all ages. Adding to the appeal are the multi-coloured gumballs which are included. The retro-style gumball machine bank can make a great choice as a gift for adults too or as a novelty stocking-filler. Use as a desktop toy or as a fun inclusion at parties, weddings or other special occasions. You can match the sweets inside to co-ordinate with your party colour scheme or theme.
- GORGEOUS RETRO NOVELTY PIECE: If you’re into vintage décor and currently looking for something that’ll go well with your retro-inspired playroom, this just might be it. Our mini gumball machine completes the retro look with its bright red paint and classic, bulbous glass gumball bowl and the all-too-familiar crank!
- DOUBLES AS THE COOLEST COIN BANK THERE IS: Here’s one way you can teach your kids the value of self-control and discipline. This vintage gumball machine gives children all the incentive they need to save their money — gumballs! Accepts coins that are up to 24mm in diameter. Works great with British 1p, 5p, 10p, and 20p coins.
- CAN RUN WITH OR WITHOUT COINS: Look, we know we just went on a little spiel about saving money and discipline. But if you just want to keep the gumballs going during game nights and parties, then you can do just that with our retro gumball machine! Check the instructions to set the gumball machine to work without requiring coins.
- BEAUTIFUL METAL CONSTRUCTION: To add more authenticity to the classic bubble gum vending machine look, our mini sweet dispenser is made with real metals that should make it more durable, not to mention look better, than other materials.
- WORKS WITH OTHER SWEETS: If you’re not a fan of gumballs, by all means, feel free to swap out the treats on your candy vending machine. Try out peanuts, jelly beans, and other sugary favourites that are up to 16mm in size. Note: there may be irregularly sized treats that won’t fit into the machine’s mechanism so checking compatibility with other candies is the buyer’s responsibility.
- 20p Vend Coin Operated - Vends 1 inch round products such as gumballs, gobstoppers + bouncy balls.(ultimate money box)
- Sold in Red with a chrome finish
- Commercial Grade, Machine sold empty and supplies can easily be found on the internet from specialist toy vending suppliers.
- Resinforced ABS Plastic with metal components
- This blast from the past classic red retro style metal gumball machine will make a great gift for kids or any retro-loving adult. Experience the old-fashioned candy shop gumball machine, this antique-style dispenser stands 11″ tall and is perfect for dispensing sweets and treats up to 20mm. It's easy to refill and can be used with or without coins. Looks great on any bookshelf or countertop.
- Authentic painted metal body and glass globe with a coin mechanism and adjustable dispenser. Fill with Your Choice of Sweets and Treats. PERFECT FOR MOST SWEETS ETC Gobstoppers / Bob Bons / Round Chocolates / Gumballs / Mixed Sweets / Nuts
- METAL SCREW TOP LID Easy to remove screw top lid. No tools are required - GLASS GLOBE/BOWL The glass globe has a large 1400 cubic centimeter capacity to fill with your favourite sweets. COIN SLOT & MECHANISM KEY Compatible with any coin less than 23mm diameter. After the coin is inserted the key should be rotated clockwise to dispense 1 portion of sweets. There is an option to make the machine dispense without coins explained in the instruction sheet.
- GUMBALL DOOR/HATCH Lift the hatch to collect the dispensed sweet - ADJUSTABLE DISPENSER WHEEL The Gumball Machine can be easily adjusted to work with different-sized sweets, the maximum size can be set to 20mm wide. How to use and adjust the Gumball Machine is clearly explained on the included instruction sheet.
- SPECIFICATIONS - Adjustable: Dispenses contents up to 20mm - Maximum coin diameter: up to 23mm - Dimensions: 28 x 15.3 x 16.5cm - Material: Quality metal body with a glass bowl - Max Capacity: 1400 Cubic CM – FEATURES Authentic style sweets vending machine - Option to use with the coin-free operation - Multilingual instruction sheet included - A great way for kids to save pennies - Adjustable for different size contents. PLEASE NOTE GUM NOT INCLUDED
- ☞ FUN AND EASY TO USE -- The product's simple mechanism makes it easy to operate for even the youngest child over 3 years of age. Just slip in a coin, turn the front crank handle and instantly a gumball is released through a slot at the machine's base. The machine accepts a variety of coins, anything in fact which has a diameter of 25mm or less, adding to its versatility.
- ☞ SAVING BANK FEATURE -- The gumball machine bank is dual purpose. It acts as both sweet and snack dispenser as well as a toy saving bank which stores coins.
- ☞ GUMBALLS INCLUDED -- This gumball machine bank comes with a 100g supply of brightly coloured gumballs already included so the product can be used as soon as it is removed from its packaging. Once these have been used up the machine can be refilled over and again with more gumballs.
- ☞ HEIGHT APPROXIMATELY 22CM -- Big enough to hold a good supply of gumballs or other sweets and snacks, the gumball machine bank is also compact enough to place on a bedroom shelf, on a work desk or on a kitchen worktop.
- ☞ AN IDEAL GIFT -- With its bright red design, this is a fun and exciting gift for kids of all ages. Adding to the appeal are the multi-coloured gumballs which are included.
- ✅CLASSIC GOODNESS - Spark happy smiles with this gumball machine for kids. Kids love these Small Gumball Machines! Fill them with gumballs and give one to each child at a birthday party! These gumball machines are also fun prizes for school games, rewards or a carnival!
- ✅COMES WITH GUMBALLS - The product comes with approximately 100 Gumballs in the package so you can immediately put it to use. A convenient lid on the top of the bubble gum dispenser allows you to easily refill the machine.
- ✅EYE-CATCHING LOOK - With a vintage feel and vibrant colours, this Bubble Gum machine adds instant character to any space. They come in beautiful colours of either Red, Blue, Pink or Green for a truly classic spin. Use it to decorate your kitchen counter or as a conversation-sparking office desk decoration.
- ✅PERFECT GIFT - Our bubble gum dispensing machine makes for a perfect and novel gift for kids and adults alike on their birthday. Also makes for an excellent Christmas gift and a fun addition to your parties and for Halloween Trick or Treat.
- ✅DURABLE - Our bubble gum dispenser is about 19cm Tall. This makes for a perfect size to put on a counter or table top. Made of sturdy plastic that means our product is lightweight yet durable to ensure it lasts for a long time.
- MORE RESISTANT. Made of aluminium of high strength and durability compared to plastic ones. Real glass globe.
- IT CAN WORK WITHOUT COINS. It comes ready to run with coins and be used as a coin bank but it also includes instructions to make it work without coins.
- DECORATIVE. The retro design makes it very decorative.
- Chewing gums are not included. Dispenses candies up to 16mm. Maximum diameter of accepted coins: 24 mm
- Dimensions: 28x15,3x16,5 cm Material: metal/glass
- Approx measurements 22cm
- The globe is a sturdy plastic.
- Colour - Red
- Great gift or birthday present for the kids
- EACH MACHINE COMES WITH 90G FREE PACK OF GUMS
- The product's simple mechanism makes it easy to operate for even the youngest child over 3 years of age. Just slip in a coin, turn the front crank handle and instantly a gumball is released through a slot at the machine's base. The machine accepts a variety of coins, anything in fact which has a diameter of 25mm or less, adding to its versatility
- The gumball machine bank is dual purpose. It acts as both sweet and snack dispenser as well as a toy saving bank which stores coins
- This gumball machine bank comes with a 100g supply of brightly coloured gumballs already included so the product can be used as soon as it is removed from its packaging. Once these have been used up the machine can be refilled over and again with more gumballs
- Big enough to hold a good supply of gumballs or other sweets and snacks, the gumball machine bank is also compact enough to place on a bedroom shelf, on a work desk or on a kitchen worktop
- With its bright red design, this is a fun and exciting gift for kids of all ages. Adding to the appeal are the multi-coloured gumballs which are included
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!