Best Hair Bleaching Products
Looking to buy the best Hair Bleaching Products? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the right one for you.
Looking to make a dramatic style shift and go platinum with your hair? Hair bleach is the only way to get white-blond strands. Hair bleaching at home may seem intimidating to a novice, but with the correct tools, lightening your hair at home is not only achievable, but also simple.
Finding the proper hair bleaching product for your mane might be difficult with so many solutions on the market. You’ll need to locate the correct strength combination at the right pricing to go blond safely and successfully. We’re here to assist you if you’re feeling overwhelmed by all of your options.
How do hair bleaching products work?
Hair cuticles swell during the bleaching process, allowing oxidation to take place. The pigment in the hair is gradually removed throughout the oxidation process, resulting in a lighter colour. The more time you leave bleach in your hair, the more colour is lost. The speed of the bleaching process is affected by the developer strength of the hair bleaching product.
Bleaching alters the porousness of your hair strands, giving the appearance of a textural change. After bleaching, hair may appear more voluminous and is frequently easier to style.
Too much bleaching, on the other hand, can harm your hair. Hair that is overly porous not only absorbs moisture but also loses it fast, leaving it dry and brittle. The amount of damage done to your hair is also increased when you use the inappropriate developer strength.
Before you bleach your hair, there are a few things you should know.
There are a few things to think about before you put on your safety gloves and begin bleaching.
Bleaching is simple to accomplish, but it’s also simple to get wrong. Patience is required. On the initial round of bleaching, your hair might not seem quite correct.
It’s a lot easier to bleach hair that hasn’t been chemically treated than it is to change the colour of hair that has already been dyed. The easier it is to go from brunette to blond, the lighter your original hair colour is. Because going blond takes longer if you have darker hair, you should expect greater damage as a result.
Bleaching your hair will cause it to become extremely dry. To refresh your locks after the treatment, keep a deep-conditioning hair mask on hand. Bleach will harm your hair as well. Prepare to give your locks some additional TLC once they’ve been bleached.
It won’t take long for dark roots to emerge after bleaching. Going platinum necessitates a significant amount of maintenance. Returning to your original hair colour will be simple, but returning to blond will be more difficult.
Remember that a hair bleaching product that works for one person might not work for you.
To bleach your hair, you’ll need the following items.
Let’s look at the hair bleaching supplies and equipment you’ll need to bleach your hair at home. Don’t want to go through the trouble of gathering it all separately? Choose a hair bleaching kit that includes everything.
Powder for whitening
The chemical that bleaches your hair is lightening powder.
To develop it, the developer is mixed with the lightening powder. When combining the two, aim for a yoghurt-like consistency, as this will be the simplest to apply to your hair.
If you desire a silver or platinum blond look, this is a must-have. It gets rid of any traces of yellow colour left over from the bleaching process. However, if you want to be a yellow blonde, you can omit the toner.
Working with rubber gloves will keep your hands safe.
To combine the lightening powder with the developer, you’ll need a bowl.
Brush for tinting/dyeing
To apply the mixture to your hair, you’ll need a hair tint/dye brush.
During the bleaching procedure, use hair clips to divide off your hair and get directly to the roots.
Selecting the Best Hair Bleaching Product for You
You’ll need to pick a hair bleaching product with the same developer intensity as your present hue. A formula that is too strong can be harmful and cause irreversible damage to your tresses. Developers are available in batches of 10, 20, 30, and 40, with the lowest volume being 10.
If you’re new to hair bleaching, go with a lesser volume developer. Any developer with more than 30 volume should be avoided by people with thin hair. The Forty volume developer is extremely potent and can cause scalp burns. It’s mostly used to add highlights to black hair. We don’t recommend using this development strength unless it’s under the supervision of a specialist. Don’t be afraid to seek expert help with your hair colour goals.
Developer is available as a liquid or a cream. Cream developers are less messy and easier to use. Look for a hair bleaching product with a blue or purple tint to avoid brassiness. Concerned about strands that are already brittle? Choose a “gentle” hair bleaching product and a low-volume developer to complete the process.
Hair bleaching at home is much less expensive than going to the salon. Of course, there’s a little more risk, but the potential savings could be worthwhile.
Hair bleaching products will cost less than £40, but bear in mind that you may need additional items for maintenance, such as purple shampoo to keep your colour brilliant and deep conditioning hair masks.
Although the steps involved in bleaching hair are rather simple, we have a few suggestions to help your transition to blond hair a little simpler.
Before bleaching your hair, comb it through but don’t wash it. The product will be easy to apply.
Before you begin, make sure you have everything you need. Once your gloved hands are plastered with goop, you don’t want to be looking for hair clips.
To see what kind of hue to expect, do a test on a little bit of hair. This will also give you an indication of how long you’ll need to leave the bleach on to achieve your desired hue.
Wear clothes you don’t care about because the hair bleaching product is likely to drip into them.
While you’re bleaching your hair, use clips to section it off. You won’t bleach the same location twice, and you’ll be sure to cover your entire head with bleach.
If you work in a well-lit environment, you’ll be able to see if you’ve missed any spots on your head.
Make sure you don’t miss a location by enlisting the support of a friend, family member, or partner. Use two mirrors if you’re alone to check out the rear of your head.
Do not keep the bleach mixture on for an extended period of time. Allow it to sit for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the thickness of your hair. Examine your hair in the mirror to see how light it is becoming.
While you wait for the bleach to do its work, put on a shower cap. You won’t stain anything in your vicinity.
Alternatively, you can relax in a lovely bubble bath while the bleaching process takes place. You won’t have to worry about getting product on your bedding or couch cushions, and you’ll be able to unwind while you wait.
Wait at least a week before bleaching again if you don’t obtain the appropriate colour the first time.
Once you’ve achieved the correct blond tint, wash your hair once a week with purple shampoo. It aids in the reduction of brassiness.
Are you maintaining your roots? Don’t splatter bleach all over the place. You’ll do unnecessary damage to already-treated hair.
If you’re worried about using a hair bleaching product, go to a salon for your first bleach job or seek advice from a stylist while you’re there for a haircut.
Q. I was warned that bleaching my hair will cause it to fall out. Is that correct?
A. Only if you go too far. If you’re new to bleaching or have very thin hair, stay away from high-volume developers. Leave the heavy lifting to the experts. Bleach no more than twice in a single day. Your hair may fall out if you bleach it too much too quickly.
Q. If I have black hair, is it possible to go blond?
A. Of course! All it takes is a little more patience. Although some information on the internet advises that people with black hair should use a 40 volume developer, this is not the greatest option. It has the potential to burn your scalp. If you have jet-black hair and want to go platinum, you should bleach it numerous times with a reduced volume developer or visit a salon.
Q. I’ve only had bleach in my hair for ten minutes, yet my tresses have turned orange! So, what do I do now?
A. Take your time. When you bleach your hair, it doesn’t turn light blond on its own. Bleaching takes place in phases. Before it becomes yellow, darker hair will turn orange. If your hair is still orange after waiting the suggested period for the hair bleaching product, you will most likely need to re-bleach it. Wait at least one week before repeating the procedure. If you’re afraid of causing more harm, hire a professional hair colorist.
Q. Is bleaching my hair at home a bad idea?
A. Going to the salon is more expensive than lightening your hair at home. Although you’re more likely to damage your hair and botch up your colour if you do it yourself, mistakes can happen even with a colorist. Go ahead and try the DIY way with a hair bleaching product if you’re prepared, well-informed, and have the correct expectations.
Q. Can I bleach my body hair with hair bleaching products?
A. Apply bleach to your brows and other facial hair, but avoid getting it near your eyes. Because lightening your brows is such a big alteration, make sure it’s what you want before committing. The hair on your head grows faster than the hair on your brows.
Best Hair Bleaching Products To Buy
- Platinum Blonde Hair Toner - For Bleached Blonde & Highlighted Hair
- Banishes Yellow and Brassy Tones
- Creates Cool to Pure White Tones
- No Peroxide & No Ammonia
- Multiple Use Anti Yellow Hair Infusion
- 【PROFESSIONAL HAIR DYE KIT 】The hair color brush and bowl set include everything you need to dye and bleach your hair. it gives the experience of having a professional salon in your own house, it made it easier to highlight your hair, you could mix colors the way you want.
- 【REUSABLE AND WASHABLE】The hair color brush and bowl set is easy to clean and great quality! Perfect for people who dye their hair consistently,great to use over and over again,you can definitely reuse them after washing with dish soap.
- 【HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL】The bowl, brush, hair comb, ear covers and hair clips are made of quality plastic, durable and lightweight, comfortable to handle. The hair dye kit can be applied for several times.Three types of brushes can be used for hair roots, hair ends,and large areas.
- 【SUITABLE for ALL HAIRSTYLES】Large size mixing bowl, never worried hair dye would overflow the blow; The brushes and comb are made from relatively stiff and thick bristles, and easy to hold with long handle; Total 22 pieces of hair coloring kit, perfect for any hairdressing styling practice or home use.
- 【PACKAGE CONTENT】The hair dye kit include:2 x big bowl（size：13.5x5cm); 6 x hair dye comb; 4 x pairs of earmuffs; 1 x latex gloves; 4 x hairpins; 2 sets of three-piece disposable gloves, shawl and shower cap; 1 x opp bag.
- Extra strength intensive hair mask for damaged hair
- The coconut miracle oil hair mask with help restore and revive dry, damaged hair
- Ultra-rich formula that will leave your hair supple and smooth
- Hair mask with coconut oil, essence of tiare and vanilla bean extract
- Apply to damp hair after cleansing, leave it for 3-5 minutes and then rinse
- Package includes:Large mixing bowl*2, large hair dye shawl*1, Corrosion-resistant gloves*1, Hair coloring brush*4, Hair dye comb*4 (Different models), hairdressing clips*3, Disposable gloves*2 Pairs, Disposable shower caps*2, Disposable earmuffs*2 Pairs, Rubber bands *10(5 thick and 5 thin), Double-sided baby hair brush*1, Stirring rod*1, Watering can*1,Balayage Board*1
- High quality, each product is selected after comparison, including all disposable and recyclable tools, which can meet your various needs for hair dyeing
- Perfect for DIY, salon, hairdressing, at-home dyeing, micro braiding, spa, foiling, highlights, and keratin hair treatment. All types of tools suit for any hairstyles such like long short hair, curly or straight hair
- The material is safe and environmentally friendly, corrosion-resistant and durable
- Perfect and fast after-sales service, if you have any questions or suggestions about the product, we are always welcome you to get in touch with us.
- Sibel Self Heating Hat
- For applying masks or permanent hair products
- Elastic hat
- Made of thermal material
- Colour: silver grey
- Top Quality: Premium Ingredients Bleach powder and Cream peroxide so when mixed the paste is creamy and easy to apply
- Easy To Mix: Use the included large mixing bowl and spatula to prepare the decolouring cream for application
- Great Results At Home: Achieve gleaming translucent results at home without having to use a professional
- Perfect For Semi-Permanent Hair Dyes: Use before applying Stargazer Hair Colours or other semi-permanent hair dyes to achieve a perfect colour
- Kit Includes 1 x 100ml 30vol Peroxide, 2 x 25g Bleach powder sachets, Large mixing bowl, multi-language instructions, gloves, tint brush and spatula for mixing
- EFFECTIVELY LIGHTENS FACIAL, ARMS, AND LEG HAIRS: Want unnoticeable hair on face and body? Surgi Invisi-Bleach lightens hair to an almost invisible skin-tone shade! One application fades dark hair making it less visible to give you fairer skin. For a better result, use for multiple applications at fixed intervals without changing the 2-to-1 ratio and follow the mixing directions carefully. Always apply on a test area first to gauge skin sensitivity.
- FACE AND BODY HAIR BLEACH FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Got dry and sensitive skin? Surgi Invisi-Bleach will do wonders for you! Excruciating and awful hair bleaching is a thing of the past! This product offers an effective and safer way to get your facial and body hair to almost invisible. You may have to endure a little bit of tingle or a burning sensation, but that just means that the product is working great and your hair is on its way to becoming essentially nonexistent!
- EASY AS 1-2-3!: Easy to mix hair bleach! Surgi Invisi-Bleach comes complete with a mixing tray and plastic spatula for a hassle-free application. You just have to mix the bleach and cream activator and apply the mixture on your desired face or body area. Cover the hair completely and wait for approximately 10 minutes (letting the bleach work by removing the pigment from the hair). Rinse it clean and see great results. Perfect to carry out in the comfort of your home!
- 100% CRUELTY-FREE, TRUSTED BY PROS: Loved by skin care experts, waxing pros, and women who want to bring out their natural beauty! Surgi Invisi-Bleach Face & Body Hair Bleaching Cream are Triclosan-free, Synthetics Dye-free, Sulfate-free, Phthalates-free, Paraben-free and 100% cruelty-free! It is suitable for both men and women and any type of skin. Surgi, the brand that introduced depilatory cream in 1950 has been trusted for generations for gentle hair removal methods.
- CONVENIENT, FACIAL AND BODY HAIR BLEACH IN TWO PACKS: Lighten those dark, unattractive hair on your body even at the comfort of your own home with Surgi Invisi-Bleach Face & Body Hair Bleaching Cream! Have quick-acting results without having to worry about skin irritation - An excellent choice for making body hair invisible in virtually no time! No more pricey waxing spa visits for you! This comes in a pack of two so you can flaunt smooth, silky skin all year round.
- 16cm End To End
- 10cm Handle
- 2.3cm Bristle Length
- 3.5cm Bristle Width
- A vibrant range of professionally formulated semi-permanent colours for an inspired modern look
- Colour max has been developed to create your own look
- Vibrant colour actives allow you to go as bright as you dare
- For a subtle look just add the Jerome Russell Bblonde mixer in any ratio to create your own tone
- Easy and convenient to use
- Body and Intimate Areas - Our cream can be used for your private parts, elbows, toes, armpit, knees, bikini line or any area you wish to get a more even skin tone. Works as a safe bum bleach as well!
- Safe and Skin Friendly - Brighten it! will lighten your sensitive areas without harm and because we only use natural ingredients it won't cause skin irritation.
- Natural Ingredients - Our technically advanced formula with natural Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter and Aloe Vera works alongside a unique cosmetic drone that targets melanin to reduce skin discolouration.
- Plant Based and Vegan - Our dark spot remover is suitable for all skin types. It's plant-based, dermatologically tested, gentle and compatible with your favourite skin care beauty products.
- Made in the UK - Our creams are sourced and produced in the UK and are 100% vegan and cruelty free. Our factories are all GMP approved and conform to Modern Slavery guidelines.
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!