Looking for the best electric kettle? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
Few things are more comforting than the reassuring crackling of a boiling electric kettle, regardless of your hot beverage of choice.
There are a variety of types and styles available, but the finest kettle will check all of your boxes at a price that you can afford.
This diversity is fantastic since it ensures you’ll find something you like, but it also means you’ll have to sift through a lot of subpar kettles before you discover the one that’s right for you.
We can assist you in locating something specific if you are unsure whether to prioritise style over substance.
We’ve put a number of electric kettles to the test, including the quietest, fastest boiling, most stylish, and cheapest.
Here’s a roundup of the best and most dependable kettles on the market in the UK.
For all you need to know about buying a new electric kettle, see our buying guide below.
How do you pick the right electric kettle for you?
I‘m not sure how much I’ll need to spend.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to have a good electric kettle.
There are many options available for less than £50 that will provide you with a dependable, fast-boiling, and somewhat quiet electric kettle that should last three years or more.
Expect to spend a premium if water filtration or attractive aesthetics are essential.
What are the many sorts of kettles?
Electric kettles are by far the most common form of kettle on the market.
They’re not only the most energy-efficient, but they’re also the quickest and easiest way to bring water to a boil.
They’re also the safest, as most include an automatic shut-off feature that turns off the heat when the water reaches the desired temperature.
Limescale, on the other hand, can accumulate and limit efficiency.
Variable temperature kettles: These are a type of electric kettle that heats water to the perfect temperature for the drink you’re making, having separate temperature buttons for each temperature.
What is the significance of this?
Boiling water for coffee actually burns it; the recommended temperature for coffee is between 91 and 96 degrees Celsius.
Using boiling water also destroys delicate green and white teas; instead, they require water at 70°C.
Black and oolong teas taste best when the water temperature is around 85 degrees Celsius.
And chamomile necessitates 90°C water.
The list could go on and on.
Stovetop kettle: The most basic type of kettle, which is simply placed on the stovetop and heated.
It will whistle to alert you when the water is boiling.
They can (but do not necessarily) be the cheapest type of kettle, as well as having a retro look.
They are less prone to mineral deposits than electric kettles, and they don’t require a power outlet or space on your work top.
Is it true that rapid boiling kettles are faster than regular ones?
Don’t be deceived by “rapid boiling” kettles; the quickest boiling kettle here is only 11 seconds faster than the slowest.
Also, keep in mind that the manufacturer’s boiling time claims are frequently based on the time it takes to boil water at normal temperature.
We utilised water straight from the cold tap in our testing, which had a temperature range of 9 to 11 degrees Celsius.
What other features should you keep an eye out for?
Kettles aren’t the most high-tech of kitchen appliances, but it’s worth searching for safety features like an auto shut-off function, which prevents the kettle from boiling dry if you unintentionally put too little water in it.
One of the most basic features to look for is how a kettle is filled: a button-operated flip-top lid is desirable because it eliminates the need to place your hand near the spout (or any steam coming out of it) when refilling it.
And, in our opinion, any cheap kettle with a mains cable linked directly to the jug itself should be avoided, as most new kettles have a slot-in stand design that is far safer.
Finally, consider noise.
Although everyone’s threshold for noise is different, the gap between our quietest and loudest kettles, which measured 71 and 76 decibels, is significant.
The best kettles to buy
- Stylish black kettle with stainless steel highlights
- Easy pour spout
- Push to open hinged lid
- 1.7 L capacity
- 360° base with integrated cord storage
- Textured Design - With a honeycomb-textured finish on premium white plastic, this kettle brings style to your kitchen with every brew you make.
- Rapid Boil - With internal 1/2/3 cup indicators, a speedy brew has never been easier. Simply fill your kettle up with the amount of water you need, and Boil One Cup in 43 Seconds*.
- 1.7 Litre Capacity - That’s why the Honeycomb Kettle has an impressive 1.7L Capacity. The perfect size to cater for all, this kettle makes sure your every boiling need is taken care of.
- Boil Dry Protection - Designed to protect your kettle from over-boiling, Boil Dry Protection prevents your kettle from boiling if there is not enough water inside of it.
- 2 Year Manufactures Guarantee - Plus 1 extra year when you register the product online.
- DURABLE AND HEALTHY STAINLESS-STEEL KETTLE - Food grade stainless steel is corrosion resistant and more durable and makes a healthy kitchen appliance to heat up water, and it is also very easy to clean. Ideal for preparing and serving hot drinks in large households, offices or public spaces.
- CAPACITY 1.8L,SAFETY - The 1.8L large capacity allows this kettle to serve about 8 cups of water for you and your family each time. The boil-dry protection automatically switches off the heating element when there is no water in the water tank or if the water runs out during use. To be able to use the appliance again, fill the water tank with cold water up to the MAX indication. When the kettle has finished boiling it will automatically turn itself off, preventing any damage.
- AUTO LID OPENING, LIGHT INDICATOR - Designed with a simple one touch, push button opening lid, enabling you to quickly open with one hand when you want to refill your kettle and features an indicator light that lets you know when it is on or off, the kettle switches off automatically once the water has reached boiling point.
- 360° ROTATIONAL BASE, CORD STORAGE, PERFECT POUR - To keep the kitchen tidy, the base has integrated cord storage so it can be tidied away at your convenience & the handy 360° base means it can be comfortably used by right & left-handed people. The perfect pour spout allows you to get a streaming flow of water straight into your cup. Say goodbye to splashes and spills on the kitchen worktop.
- 2 YEARS MANUFACTURER WARRANTY INCLUDED
- 1.7 Litre glass kettle with brushed stainless steel accents
- Blue illumination on boil
- Save up to 66 percent energy saving by boiling one cup (235 ml) vs 1 Litre
- Make sure at least 2 minutes have passed between one usage and another AND that there is always 25cl of water in the kettle at any use
- Concealed element and removable, washable filter
- Rapid boil zone marker
- Ideal pour spout
- Illuminating On/off switch
- 360 degree base with cord
- Rapid boil zone marker
- 【304 stainless steel kettle】Bonsenkitchen electric kettle interiors, including the inner wall, filter, spout, inner lid, are all made of food grade 304 stainless steel, which are BPA-free and ensure that no plastic odor, no plastic touches the hot water, Our core ethos is to provide healthy water for your family.
- 【Safe, anti-scald double-walled design】The electric kettle’s double wall system made of quality PP material clad, the stainless steel jug is covered with heat-resistant plastic to prevent burns. The kettle can be comfortably lifted and put down beacause of the wireless 360 ° pirouette base.
- 【Fast Boiling Electric Kettle】2200W electric kettle is able to boil 0.5L water in 2min, 1L water in 3min and 1.5L water in 4-5min, And the 1.5L large volume can perfectly make coffee, tea, milk, oatmeal, etc.
- 【Easy To Clean& Filling】Designed with a wide mouth ,The IKICH electric kettle is easy cleaning and filling, the Lid can open to 55° when you press to prevent hot water from splashing out,and it can also be manually opened up to 75° for effortless filling and cleaning，you can easily put your hand into the kettle to clean.
- 【12 months quality assurance】 Equipped with Accurate thermostat, electric kettle ensures safe use. Advanced auto shut off and boil dry protection function ensure 100% electrical safety and save more energy than induction cooker or stove. Bonsenkitchen serves lifetime support to you. Please feel free to contact us when you meet any questions.
- 【Blue LED Indicator】Our electric glass kettle with attractive LED indicator, soft blue light and visible glass design provide you the clear water capacity and boiling process.The delicate yet classy looking glass kettle works like a charm and adds beauty to your kitchen.
- 【Fast Boiling & Large Capacity 】Bonsenkitchen Kettle boils water within 2-5 minutes, 5mins to boil a full pot (1.7L), 0.5L for just 2mins. Effectively saves more energy. 1.7L Large capacity makes enough water for 6-7 people, perfect match for Coffee, tea, pasta, oatmeal etc.
- 【Extraordinary Safety】Built with the professional British temperature controller, advanced auto shut-off and boil-dry protection function ensure 100%. The stay-cool handle will ensure that handling of the tea kettle is easy and safe, helps to prevent burns. Protect you and your family on all sides
- 【Easy to Use and Clean】A wide mouth means easily reach the inside of the kettle through its opening to wipe down or wash the glass with a rag or sponge. Separable base for convenient serving and cable storage.the kettle rotates 360°for convenient pouring and serving
- 【12 Months Warranty】The electric water boiler comes with 12 months warranty. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us，and we will reply you within 24 hours to solve all of your concerns.
- 360° rotational, cordless glass electric kettle.
- 2200 Watts kettle with 1.7 litre capacity. Inbuilt thermostat and strix controller to ensure safety. Equipped with LED light ring around the heating plate that lights up the kettle while boiling.
- Auto shut-off to turn the kettle off automatically when the water is boiled & boil dry protection feature to avoid dry boiling when the water level is too low, to ensure safety and save power
- Removable and washable filter for ease of use. Automatic lid opening at the press of a button. Ideal mouth size for easy cleaning.
- 2 Year Manufactures Guarantee included. Contact us in case of queries
- The brushed stainless steel kettle heats up quickly is easy to clean and will not discolour regardless of use or age
- Quiet boil technology makes this a hot favourite for people in open plan living spaces busy households and those who value peace and quiet With their brew
- A rapid boil zone indicator within the kettle allows you to fill just the right amount of water and boils one cup super-fast taking only 45 seconds
- The removable washable lime scale filter will keep your brew tasting amazing and is ideal for those living In hard water areas
- Suitable for both right handed and left handed users The 360 degree base means no matter where your new kettle lives it's always within easy reach
- LED COLOUR CHANGING LIGHTS: Integrated LED lights illuminate blue when switched on, changing to red during the boiling cycle and then back to blue once the boil has finished - creating an eye-catching feature in your kitchen whilst offering heaps of functionality
- 2200W QUICK BOIL: Offers powerful boiling to quench your thirst even when you’re short on time
- 1.7L CAPACITY: The large 1.7L capacity lets you make up to 7 cups of tea or coffee from one fill, perfect when hosting your family and friends
- 360° SWIVEL BASE: Designed for both left and right handed users, the 360° swivel base makes it comfortable for everyone to make a cuppa
- LARGE VIEWING WINDOW: Monitor the water level of your kettle using the large viewing window. So, there’ll be no more overfilling - saving water and reducing your electricity bill
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!