Looking for the best nappies? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
What you should know about nappies before buying them
You must first select whether you will use disposable, biodegradable, or reusable nappies before deciding on a particular brand.
All offer advantages and disadvantages, but ultimately, the decision must be made based on what is best for you and your baby.
Polyethylene, a thin, waterproof material, is commonly used in disposable nappies.
A layer of tiny hydrogel crystals is present inside.
These crystals have a high absorption rate.
When your baby wees, the absorbent core’s crystals absorb the moisture, keeping your baby’s bottom dry.
Because they’re so absorbent, avoiding diaper rash is typically as simple as changing your baby’s nappy on a regular basis.
Because disposables are so practical, they’re a popular choice. As a result, they’re always readily available at supermarkets and high-street stores, with a wide variety to choose from.
Disposables, while handy and absorbent, have drawbacks.
Bleaching agents, dyes, latex, and other elastics are found in the majority of them.
Although all nappies are tested before they are sold, there is a small chance that your baby will have a response to the chemicals they contain if he or she has sensitive skin or allergies.
Switching to a different brand can help you avoid this problem in many circumstances.
The environmental impact is the main reason parents choose reusable nappies over disposables.
Every day, around eight million nappies are put into landfill garbage in the United Kingdom, where they may take hundreds of years to degrade.
However, because of the additional washing and drying required, it’s unclear whether reusable nappies have a lower carbon footprint than disposable nappies.
Reusable nappies have come a long way in recent years.
Instead of pins, poppers, velcro, or plastic clips are utilised, and they are frequently sold as a one-size nappies that will fit for several years.
There are also a variety of colourful and modern styles from other businesses.
Chemical-free reusable nappies are also less expensive than disposables.
They come in a range of sizes and shapes, as well as a disposable or washable liner for collecting your baby’s poo.
More information about choosing reusable nappies may be found here.
Alternatively, you might choose biodegradable or environmentally friendly nappies.
Although they are throwaway, they disintegrate faster.
They also include fewer or no chemicals and are created from environmentally friendly, sustainable materials, making them kinder on your baby’s skin and better for the environment.
More information about where to get biodegradable disposable nappies may be found here.
Your baby is unlikely to outgrow nappies before the age of two, so if you’re hesitant, there’s still time to locate nappies that suit your kid.
Some parents adhere to a specific type and brand, while others discover that a brand that works for one stage may not work for the next.
Best nappies To Buy
- New: Extra embossed top layer, fresh nappy design and updated packaging
- 152 nappies (2 Packs x 76)
- Absorbing Air Channels: keeping your baby feeling dry and comfortable
- Extra embossed top layer to increase comfort
- With double elastic barriers on leg cuffs to prevent leakage and ensure the perfect fit
- Pampers Premium Protection (New Baby) is the only newborn nappy approved by the British Skin Foundation
- Lined with Heart Quilts to feel even softer against baby’s skin, while pulling away wetness and mess
- Selected feathery soft materials for Pampers’ gentlest touch on baby’s skin (does not contain feathers)
- Wetness Indicator tells you when your baby might need a change
- Nappies with Air Channels for breathable dryness and up to 12 hours of dryness
- Pampers Harmonie nappies are dermatologically tested
- Crafted with premium cotton and soft plant-based fibres
- 0% lotion, perfume, EU 26 allergens
- Up to 12h of Pampers dryness
- Responsibly sourced cellulose
- 2 x 66 diapers
- Double elastic barriers and leg cuffs for a snug, secure and leak-free fit
- Supersoft, embossed inner layer absorbs and locks away liquid to prevent re-wetting
- Breathable air channels for added circulation and fresh, dry comfort
- Packaged in recyclable materials to help reduce waste
- The comfort and protection you trust
- Now also available in sizes 4 and 5
- Wraps your baby in silky soft materials
- The first and only Magical Pods, absorbing channels that help distribute wetness evenly for up to 12 hours of dryness
- Unique Absorb-Away Layer pulls wetness and mess away from baby's skinPampers Premium Protection is recommended by the British Skin Foundation
- One pull to put on easy-on Pampers Baby-Dry nappy pants
- Air channels let air flow freely for up to 12 hours of breathable dryness
- An inner layer with absorbent Micro Pearls, to absorb and lock wetness away
- Soft like cotton for your baby to feel comfortable all day (does not contain cotton)
- Stretchy waistband and leg cuffs adapt to baby movements for a perfect fit
- Unique 3-way protection system for up to 12h of all around leakage protection
- Nappies with quick dry core that absorb liquid instantly
- Double leg cuffs help prevent leaks around the legs
- Flexi-side wings adapt comfortably to your baby’s waist for a secure fit
- Clinically and dermatologically tested. Approved by British Skin Foundation
- New Baby is Pampers’ #1 protection for sensitive newborn skin
- The only newborn nappy approved by British Skin Foundation
- Exclusive Topsheet provides our softest comfort, while pulling wetness and mess away
- Super Soft Stretchy-Wings adapt to your baby’s tummy for a gentle snug fit
- Quick Dry Core absorbs liquid instantly to keep your baby's skin dry and protected
- 2 x 60 nappies
- Super-absorbent design for greater convenience, dryness, and comfort
- Elastic adjustment system that adapts to your child's body for a comfortable fit
- Anti-leak barriers keep your child feeling clean and protected
- Easy-to-open sides for quick and simple change times
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!