Best power bank
Looking to buy the best power bank? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the right one for you.
A power bank is a must-have in today’s world. The screen size and power of today’s smartphones is increasing, but the battery’s endurance doesn’t seem like it will improve. Even though we have seen many smartphones with long battery life, it is still possible to find yourself running low on power, especially if your device is streaming video or playing games.
A power bank will allow you to recharge your phone even when you are far away. You can even go on a weekend trip or go camping with larger power banks and still have your phone charged up. You don’t have to use your smartphone to benefit. A decent power bank is essential for anyone who loves to play on a Nintendo Switch.
There are so many models and brands to choose from. How do you decide which one? We are here to help. We will walk you through all the specs and tell you what to look out for. Then we’ll point you in the right direction of the best power banks available.
How to select the right power bank or charger
Which type of power bank should you buy?
You are trying to balance size, speed and capacity. It’s easy to see that the more you spend, the smaller the capacity will be and the slower the charge from the power bank.
Cheap power banks
The capacity of the smallest and most affordable power banks is between 2,500mAh to 10,000mAh. We recommend that you avoid power banks below 5,000mAh as they won’t be able to charge modern smartphones. You’ll be able to charge your phone or give your tablet a boost with the capacity at the top of the range – you can get one as small as a smartphone for about £12 to £18.
Mid-range power bank
You can get power banks with capacities between 10,000 and 20,000mAh and more connectivity. With USB-C connections becoming standard, you can spend PS18 to PS30. While you may see an increase in weight and size, 20,000mAh batteries are roughly half the size of large-screen smartphones. However, they can also be 50% heavier. You’ll be able to charge your device faster with Quick Charge 4 or USB PD.
Expensive power bank
You can get a bigger power bank for less than the £30, which has capacities up to 26,800mAh. You’ll be able to charge your devices via USB-C and Quick Charge 4, as well as USB-PD, which will make up for the fact you have to carry a larger brick of a charger. You’ll be able top up multiple devices simultaneously and have enough power to last for a weekend or longer.
What should I be looking out for?
All power banks have a micro-USB port or USB-C port to charge the battery, and a USB A port to charge your mobile devices. You don’t need a micro-USB cable or a USB-C cable if you don’t have one. These cables are usually included in the box. You can charge your device using the USB-C or USB-A ports, depending on whether you have a USB port. USB-C supports the fastest charging option. Multiple output ports allow you to charge multiple devices at once.
Things get complicated after that. The output of USB ports is more powerful and will allow connected devices to charge faster, but only if they support the correct USB power standards. All smartphones and power banks support the USB BC 1.2 standard. This allows for up to 7.5W over USB A or 15W over USB C. However, only if the devices support the USB Power Delivery 3 and 3 standards. These standards increase the voltage and current to deliver 100W of power, enough to charge a light laptop at a reasonable speed.
There are also Qualcomm Quick Charge standards. Quick Charge 4 is the most popular, delivering a maximum 21V at 4.6A and 100W of output. It is also compatible with USB PD. This is a good thing, since Quick Charge 4 hasn’t received as much attention from power bank manufacturers than the Quick Charge 3 standard. Most seem to have standardised USB PD. Even though compatible phones can be charged up to 50% in five minutes with the Quick Charge 5, the same is true for the Quick Charge 5. It’s easy to see why USB PD is supported in Apple’s and Google’s latest devices. The standard supports fast charging for Quick Charge 4 or Quick Charge 5 phones, and it’s open and free of licensing fees.
Is it worth spending more for a fast-charging powerbank?
Yes. For a few £ more you can easily get a fast-charging powerbank. It’s actually smart to standardize around USB PD so that all your chargers, power banks, and smartphones can use the same charging system. This will allow you to charge quickly whenever you need it.
How about charging Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth earbuds and other accessories?
Power banks can have problems with smaller accessories such as Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth earbuds and fitness trackers. They’re not designed to use the usual 10W-25W fast-charging speed, but instead use a low-wattage trickle charge. There are two options: the accessory can be damaged or its charging case may be destroyed, or the smarter power bank could even go down due to low demand. Some power banks include a trickle charging mode that can safely charge these devices. This is a great feature to look for if you plan on a long weekend or longer trip where you will need to recharge.
Best power bank to buy
- 【2 Pack 10000mAh Power Bank】Two 10000mAh power bank not only for portable charging but also around the home. Allowing you charge mobile devices without having to be tethered to a plug socket. Each of them fully charges 2.4 times for iPhone X, 3.6 times for iPhone 8 and 2.2 times for Samsung Galaxy S9.
- 【3.1A Dual Output】 Our portable charger has 2 USB output ports (2.1A+1A)that detect all the connected devices and efficiently distributes the current output up to 5V 2.1A. The portable charger can fully refill the battery itself in 6-8 hours at 5V 2.1A.
- 【Small & Slim】It feels incredibly compact for a 10000mAh power bank, weighing just 210g and only 12mm thick. Grippy design is easy to hold, easy to toss into a bag and incredibly portable.
- 【Universal Compatibility & Security】 Our external battery pack is suitable for a variety of electronic devices that have a USB port. Such as for iPhone Samsung Galaxy S9, tablet, camera and much more. Automatically identify the connected device and provide the best charging current, minimize the charging time, safe and long lasting.
- 【What You Get】2 * 10000mAh Power Bank; 1 * USB Cable; 1 * User Manual. We provide 24 months friendly customer support and also back our products for 18 months. Please feel free to contact us.
- ✅【From INIU--the SAFE Fast Charge Pro】Experience the safest charging with over 38 million global users. At INIU, we use only the highest-grade materials, so we do have the confidence to provide an industry-leading 3 years warranty.
- ✅【Triple 3A High-speed Charge】Thanks to our exclusive UPower+ tech and the blazing-fast 3A output, now you can fast fuel up to 3 devices together, 3X faster than the original 1A chargers.
- ✅【Ultra Slim 10000mAh】The thinnest 10000mAh power bank on the market, easily slips it into any of your pockets or bags. Enjoy the days’ worth of charging capacity, enough to top up iPhone 8 3.6 times, Samsung S8 2.3 times, or iPad Air once.
- ✅【High-efficiency USB C】Features the latest worldwide USB C charging standard, working as both input and output to not only let you fast refill itself, but perfectly fit the new iPhones, Androids and all upcoming USB C devices.
- ✅【Handy Flashlight】Simply click the power button twice to turn it on or off. Helpful for reading, camping, blackouts or emergencies.
- Ultra-High Capacity: The massive 20,000mAh capacity provides more than 5 charges for iPhone XS, almost 5 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, more than 3 and a half charges for Huawei P30, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
- Advanced Charging Technology: Anker's exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology combine to deliver an optimized charge to your devices, while the trickle-charging mode is the best way to charge low-power accessories.
- Simultaneous Charging: Twin USB ports allow you to charge two devices at the same time. The USB C port cannot charge other devices.
- Versatile Recharging: With both a USB-C and Micro USB input port, you have more options over how you recharge. Recharging PowerCore with a 10W charger will take approximately 10.5 hours, while recharging with a 5W charger will take approximately 20 hours.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 power bank, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service. (USB-C cable, Lightning cable, and wall charger not included)
- ⚡【Super-Fast Charging】Newest S3 power bank with 18W Power Delivery, Use Quick Charge 3.0 Output, full charge your phone in 1 hour; Use Type C PD input charge the 26800mAh power bank, full charge in 4-6 hours.Compared with non-fast charging power bank, save more than half of the time.
- ⚡【Import Intelligent Controlling IC】The portable charger adopt Import Intelligent Controlling IC to prevent power bank overcharge, overvoltage, overcurrent and short circuit. [CE certified] make sure product quality is safer.
- ⚡【3 Output -Charge 3 Devices At Once】Power bank with 3 Output Ports - QC3.0 output, PD output, 2.1A USB output, you can charge 3 devices simultaneously.
- ⚡【Unique LED Design Shows Remaining Power】Power bank design with unique LED color, different colors representing different remaining power.✦Red light:0%-25%;Green light:26%-50%;Blue light:51%-75%;White light:76%-100%.✦
- ⚡【What You Get】: 26800mAh power bank - [Charge your phone more than 5 times] , Micro USB cable, manual guide, 24 month warranty policy and 24 hours friendly customer service. [Not include Type C cable.]
- Power Bank with Built-in Cables: Thanks to the built-in USB C cable and another cable, now you are ready to charge your mobile devices on the go, no extra cables are needed. It's the same size as an iPhone 11 Pro Max and can easily fit in a briefcase for business trips.
- Blazing Charging Speed: The upgraded 18W PD and QC 3.0 technology will charge your phone at full speed. Only takes 30 minutes to bring an iPhone to 50%, 3.5X faster than the original 5W charger.
- 26800mAh High Capacity: This portable charger provides a week's power for USB-powered devices, which can charge most phones 6-8 times, tablets 2-4 times, especially suitable for people constantly on the move.
- LED Digital Display: Forget the trouble to guess how much power is left in your power bank with those vague little dots, the LED screen will display the exact battery level in percentage and let you know when to recharge it.
- 4 Charging Outputs: Except for two built-in charging cables, the power bank also has a USB A port and a USB C input/output port, allowing you to top up 4 devices at once and share the power with your friends and family.
- 【Portable Power Bank with High Capacity 】 High-density 10000mAh lithium battery, Can charges an Galaxy S8 2.5 times, an iPhone 7 3 times and other smartphones multiple times. The light indicator keep you informed of remaining capacity.
- 【Dual 2.4A Outputs+ Micro and Type-C Input】Dual USB Output and input speed can reach up tp 2.4 A ,offering amazing fast charge. can charge any combination of devices at full speed.
- 【 Ultra Compact External Battery Pack】One of the smallest and lightest 10000mAh portable charger(94.5x62x22.2mm/3.7x2.44x0.87inch). super convenience for carry away.
- 【Safety Protection Charger Pack 】- Reliable A+ Lithium-Ion Battery, Built-in multi-protection system protect the power bank against over current and short circuit. It'll automatically turn itself off when short circuit or overloading occurs.
- 【Warranty and Support】If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, we will reply you within 24 hours. JONKUU is a registered trademark, we are committed to providing you with the ideal of high quality products and services.
- [Power Bank Most Classic Black-Red Design]: The most classic design of from 2019 to so far - black and red combined, bring new experience.
- [25800mAh Power Bank]: The power bank with 25800mAh can charge your phone 5-6 times, suitable for daily work and long trip.
- [Portable Charger Charge 2 Phones at the Same Time]: The portable charger with 2 output and 1 input, can charge both devices at the same time. And when charging the portable charger, you can also charge your phone.
- [High Compatibility Porbable Charger]: The portable charger compatible ALL phones, the package include the Micro USB Cables, If your phone requires the lighting cable and type C cable, please use your phones cables.
- ★HETP Power Bank with Warranty 24 months★ HETP power bank portable charger has 24 Month Warranty Policy, if you have any problem, please contact us. ☏ ☏24 hours customer service online to help you.
- ✅ High Capacity Power Bank:10600mAh Fast Charge Power Bank,enough to top up iPhone 8 FIVE times,the Galaxy S8 THREE times!Ensure your electronic products are always powered up in the wild.
- ✅ Charging 3 device at same time:BSYYO Portable Charger Equipped 3 USB Ports you can power up three devices together at a blazing-fast speed up to 3A,Intelligently Detects and Charges Your Devices at Its Max Speed.
- ✅ Dual Input:Built-in Micro and USB C input ports. Input: USB C-DC5V/3A, Micro-DC5V/2A
- ✅ Certified Safe:BSYYO’s UL 2056 Certified protection system provides surge protection,protect your devices.
- ✅ LED Display:Clear Intelligent digital LED display make it easy to know how much battery is left.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Colossal Capacity: 26800mAh of power charges most phones over 6 times, tablets at least 2 times and any other USB device multiple times.
- High-Speed Charging: 3 USB output ports equipped with Anker's PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology ensure high-speed charging for three devices—simultaneously (max output 6A, single-port max output 3A).
- Recharge 2X Faster: Dual Micro USB (20W) input offers recharge speeds up to twice as fast as standard power banks—a full recharge takes just over 6 hours while using both input ports (wall charger not included).
- What You Get: PowerCore 26800mAh Power Bank, 2X Micro USB Cable, Travel Pouch, Welcome Guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. USB-C cable and Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.
- Up to 3x faster charging vs. the wall* (*Based on internal testing using standard 5W wall charger vs Duracell Powerbank with iPhone11 from 0-80% charge using USB-C to Lightning cable. Results may vary by device and conditions)
- Charge Faster. Thanks to a USB C port, Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0 (18W) and USB-C Power Delivery (30W) you can charge the power bank and your devices faster
- Up to 6 extra charges* (*based on internal testing using iPhone 8. results may vary by device and conditions)
- 3 charging ports, 1 USB C and 2 USB A
- Trickle charging to charge headphones and other small gadgets
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!