Best Reciprocating Saw
Looking to buy the best Reciprocating Saw? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the right one for you.
Reciprocating saws are extremely versatile cutting instruments that can cut a wide variety of materials. One of its best features is their ability to go into tight work spaces that many power tools can’t.
They may be used for a variety of materials, including metal, plaster, wood, plumbing, and many more. All you need is a simple blade change to match the material you’re working with, and you’re ready to go.
Trimming branches, cutting floorboards, cutting copper pipe, cutting plastic pipe, and cutting holes in plasterboard for installing electrical fittings are some of the most typical uses, but they are not restricted to these; these tools’ versatility is immensely valuable.
When it comes to reciprocating saws, the most crucial deciding elements are power, stability, and reliability. If you have those three traits, you’ll have a tool that can handle almost any task you put at it.
A blade brake is a crucial feature to consider since it prevents the blade from snagging on the workpiece, which can be a major inconvenience if you have to wiggle the blade free repeatedly.
The battery life on cordless models is another something to consider, as a saw with only 10 minutes of run time would keep you waiting far too long and will only frustrate you.
A reciprocating saw is frequently used at the start of a project for ripping out and destruction.
You won’t see this on second fix jobs that require fine cuts because to its heavy duty nature.
It’s ideal for removing rafters and battens off roofs.
It can be used to cut plastics, metals, and wood, depending on the task at hand.
What Features Should a Reciprocating Saw Have?
There are two types of cords: corded and cordless.
Reciprocating saws with cords are less expensive, but due of their nature, you’re more likely to use them while moving around.
The convenience of a cordless saw is worth it; otherwise, you’ll be shackled by the cord and reliant on extension cords all over the job site.
Keep in mind that you’ll be using a reciprocating saw over head height a lot of the time, so the weight of the tool is important to consider.
Pick it up and play with it to ensure that it isn’t too heavy.
The cordless system will be more lightweight.
How simple is it to replace the blades?
Quick release systems are far superior to ones that require tools, especially given how readily saw blades can get blunt.
What will I require in terms of accessories?
a word of caution
Don’t cut towards yourself since if you rush through the material, your body will be the next point of contact.
When using a reciprocating saw, always cut away from yourself.
You must select the appropriate blade for the material you are cutting when it comes to accessories.
Fortunately, each blade should have the material inscribed on it, making it simple to choose the correct one.
It’s a good idea to stock up on blades because they sell out rapidly.
Older houses have a lot of old nails in the rafters, and ancient wood is much better quality, grows slower, and is more difficult to cut.
Eye protection is vital in terms of PPE, and there are many levels of googles and spectacles available.
When cutting wood, dust and splinters can fly about, so wear eye protection.
Because this tool has a sharp blade that moves back and forth swiftly, sturdy gloves should be worn when using it.
Because you’ll need to buy batteries separately if you don’t already have them, cordless is a little more expensive.
Purchase at least two batteries: one for on-the-go use and one for charging.
Depending on the ampage, one battery will last most of the day.
Best Reciprocating Saw to buy
- Tool-less blade change
- Trigger switch with lock off lever
- Variable speed control
- High power
- Capacity in wood 255mm
- Bosch SDS 710 W reciprocating saw
- Quick cuts in wood
- Ergonomic softgrip handle
- Machine weight: 3 kilograms
- Bow design handle - for safe handling and easy working
- 1,100 W drivetrain ensures a strong performance in a variety of applications
- Better control during operation thanks to variable speed
- Integrated LED light delivers increased visibility while working
- Also features a hanging hook and tool-free SDS saw blade changes
- Items included: GSA 1100 E, 1 x reciprocating saw blade S 2345 X, Progressor for Wood, 1 x reciprocating saw blade S 123 XF, Progressor for Metal, Carrying case
- 【Variable Speed and Powerful Motor】 WORKPRO 710W reciprocating saw with rotation speed between 0 ~ 2800 rpm meet different cutting needs on various materials
- 【Handy Design with UK 3-pin Plug】 The lock button on the handle helps work through a constant speed
- 【Quick-Change and Compatibility】 With quick-change mechanism, it is able to install or remove the blade very quickly and without using any other tool
- 【Soft & Wide Handle】 Ergonomic handle with soft, non-slip rubber coating that can reduce vibration, fatigue and provide a secure grip for better operation. Ideal for precision cutting of wood, metal, PVC, tube or making a hole on a plasterboard plate etc
- 【Bonus Sabre Saw blades】 2 x wood saw blades, 10 TPI + 2 x metal saw blades, 24 TPI
- 【3000SPM & Variable Speed Trigger】The reciprocating saw allows you to adjust the speed between 0-3000 SPM and provide better blade control. 20mm stroke, three cutting methods, conventional cut, insert cut, plane cut. The variable speed trigger provides great efficiency and control for a variety of cutting tasks. The maximum cutting depth: wood - 30 cm; PVC-30cm; soft metal pipe-15 cm; Metal plate-15 mm.
- 【Saw Blade Chuck & Adjustable Saw Shoe】Tool-less saw blade change is safe and easy, without any additional tools for assembly. The saw blade can be inserted if the lock is open. After the lock is loosened, it can rebound and be stuck automatically. The adjustable saw shoe can adjust the angle for the limited cutting area, which makes this cordless saber saw with battery easy to use.
- 【4.0Ah Li-ion Battery & Quick Charger】The cordless reciprocating saw is equipped with a 4.0Ah li-ion battery, which can provide more power and longer life than other batteries. The remaining capacity is displayed in real time to remind you. Quick charger with indicator light provides more convenience.
- 【Ergonomic Design & Safety Switch】The main body of the electric saw is made of plastic and is lightweight, reducing fatigue in long-term work. The cordless saber saw's soft rubber handle can improve operation control, not only prevent slipping, but also reduce hand vibration when cutting. The 18V saber saw is equipped with the safety lock, which can avoid accidents caused by careless touch.
- 【Package Content and High Quality After-sales Service】1 * SORAKO Cordless Saber Saw, 1 * 18V 4.0Ah Li-Ion Battery, 1 * Quick Charger, 2 * Saw Blades, 1 * User Manual . As a brand seller, we pay attention to the quality of our products first. We back all of our products with a 2 year warranty, so you don't have to worry about a thing. Any questions, please contact us, we will help you solve (7x24 hours).
- included components: 1 x Brushless XR Compact Reciprocating Saw power source type: Battery-powered
- 【Long-Lasting Battery & Fast Charging】4.0Ah Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, UK 3 PIN plug, features more powerful and longer life than others. With large capacity, never worry about running out of power in almost project, the remaining capacity is displayed in real time to give you a hint. Fast charger with indicator lights provides more convenient
- 【Stepless Variable Speed Trigger & Powerful Motor】WORKPRO reciprocating saw delivers 1-inch stroke length to remove more material and a faster cutting speed. With a high cutting speed of up to 2,800 spm and stroke length of up to 25mm to provide a higher cutting efficiency. Cordless saw with powerful battery, use at will. Built-in LED light illuminates the work surface during cutting
- 【Tool-Free Blades Change & Shoe Adjustment】Tool-free blade release chuck allows for quick and easy changes, provide more convenience during work. Pivoting shoe can adjust angle for the limited cutting area
- 【Compact & Safety Design】 Compact design make it easy for cutting into those hard-to-reach areas. Soft-grip ergonomic handle increases handling control and reduce fatigue during long-term work. Designed with safety lock, avoids starting on without operation accidentally
- 【Wide Application】 Designed for sawing wood, iron, non-ferrous metals and plastics using the appropriate saw blades. Tool kit comes with 4 blades to meet various cutting needs: 230mm 5TPI saw blade for Pruning Cutting, 152mm 6TPI/8TPI for Wood Cutting, 152mm 18TPI saw blade for Pipe/Metal Cutting
- Lightweight & Compact design – Weighs only 1.4kgs(3lbs.) for easy Overhead work. Short 44cm(17inch) length for easier to get into very tight work spaces.
- Two working modes with or without bracket for flush or plunge sawing for nails, pipes, metals or trees and branches, etc.
- Tool-free blade-change system – Allows quick and effortless blade changes.
- Variable-speed trigger – allows easing into the cut.
- Certification qualified by TÜV GS/CE/EMC. 2 year warranty.
- Makita DJR186Z 18V Cordless Reciprocating Saw With 2 x 5Ah Batteries & Charger
- Powerful and efficient PM58 DeWALT fan cooled motor with replaceable brushes
- High performance reciprocating mechanism and lightweight gear case provide an ideal power to weight ratio
- Intelligent variable speed trigger, lock-off switch and electronic motor brake provide extra safety
- Lever-action key-less blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes
- Modular component design for trouble free servicing with rubber coated grip to reduce surface vibration and user fatigue
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!