Best silver shampoo
Looking to buy the best silver shampoo? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the right one for you.
Due to the popularity of Daenerys Targaryen’s white-blonde hair, silver shampoos are very much in fashion. However, blue- and purple-toned shampoos have been around longer than the kingdoms of Westeros. Silver shampoo is a hair care product that removes brassy and yellow tones. It does not bleach or damage hair.
The environment can cause natural silver hair to become yellowed. Silver hair can become dull and brassy from pollution such as smoke, chlorine from swimming pools and city pollution. As salon-applied toner fades, dyed silver hair can turn yellow and expose the yellow undertone. Silver shampoos have violet pigments to cancel out yellows. Silver shampoos for mature hair also contain nourishing ingredients that moisturize and volumise hair.
A good silver shampoo can clarify and lift silver hair colour. We have tested the best so we present our top picks for silver shampoos to give silver hair a gorgeous finish.
How to select the best silver shampoo
Why is silver hair turning yellow?
Natural silver hair is more porous and dryer than hair with a previous colour. This can make it more susceptible to absorb molecules from the environment, which can cause it to look yellowish and dull. Natural white-silver hair tends to have more yellow deposits than coloured hair, because it is pale. Yellow tones can be formed by sunlight, smoke, chlorine, dirt, and dust. They can also become dull and dirty over time. Silver shampoos not only clean the hair shaft but also deposit a violet-blue color that cancels out yellow. This makes natural silver hair look cleaner and brighter.
As the silver toner is washed off hair, dyed silver hair will slowly turn yellow. This exposes the original colour of the hair. Some of the silver tone is replaced by silver shampoos, which increases the time it takes to maintain your silver-coloured hair.
What is the working principle of silver shampoo?
Silver shampoos contain a violet pigment. Violet is opposite yellow on the color wheel. It cancels out yellow hair colour, making silver and platinum blonde hair look cooler and cleaner. For healthier hair, the best silver shampoos will hydrate dry hair and clean your scalp. Use your usual shampoo to wash your hair. After lathering the shampoo into your hair, allow the violet-coloured shampoo to sit for a while. Rinse your hair with water and then apply a conditioner. These effects will only last for a few minutes, and can be easily replenished the next time you wash your hair.
How often should I use the silver shampoo?
A silver shampoo should be used once or twice per week on natural silver hair to maintain a more vibrant silver tone. Silver shampoo can be used to wash hair that has been dyed. To avoid dyed hair getting rubbed out, alternate with your colour-care shampoo.
A monthly treatment masque or glossing treatment is beneficial for both natural and dyed-in silver hair. This will add shine and freshen up colour.
What’s the difference between purple and silver shampoo?
There is no distinction between the two because they both refer to the same item.
The shampoo’s real colour is purple, but the word “silver” is also used since it’s supposed to restore hair tones and enhance gloss, giving off a silver-ish reflection.
How often should silver shampoo be used?
Silver shampoo should not be used in place of ordinary shampoo and should only be used once or twice a week.
Is it possible to use silver shampoo on blonde hair?
Silver shampoo is often associated with blonde hair, however brunettes with golden highlights can also benefit from it.
Purple shampoo for blonde hair also works well on silver, white, or grey hair to remove brassy tones.
Another reason purple shampoo is sometimes referred to as silver shampoo is because of this.
Is silver shampoo effective?
A silver shampoo is recommended for anyone with blonde, grey, platinum, or silver hair.
This is due to the fact that as hair oxidises, yellow, brassy tones appear.
The silver shampoo will help to keep a fresh-dyed look by balancing the colour.
With each usage, your hair will become brighter, cooler, and more even.
How long does silver shampoo take to work?
On brassy or color-treated hair, leave the shampoo on for up to 15 minutes.
Leave the shampoo in for 5 to 15 minutes if your hair is considerably stained or if you’ve just bleached it blonde.
It’s possible that your hair will require extra time to thoroughly absorb the tone.
Then rinse your hair with cool water to remove the shampoo.
Best silver shampoo to buy
- The professional formula helps deliver anti brassiness toning results whilst nourishing and protecting the hair fiber, giving a boost of shine on grey, white or light blonde hair.
- Helps tone the hair by counteracting unwanted brassy tones, and also leaves your hair with a glowing halo of shine.
- Distribute evenly through wet hair. Lather. Rinse thoroughly.
- The original Purple Shampoo from pro: voke touch of silver
- Brilliantly brighten hair colour by removing yellow and orange brassy tones
- With both blue and Purple pigment for intensive toning
- Restore hydration and moisture with keratin enriched intensive Conditioner
- Suitable for blonde, platinum, grey, white and balisage hair
- This incredible milk_shake silver shine shampoo is key to healthy-looking, shiny blonde hair!
- T has the added benefit of removing brassy or unwanted yellow tones
- Keep your blonde hair super healthy and vibrant with milk_shake silver shine Shampoo
- Transform dull grey to Shimmering Silver
- Cleanses and enhances grey strands for onethful, radiant shine
- With silver gloss technology for dull grey or white hair
- Model number: 5037156662306
- This incredible milk shake shampoo and conditioner with silver shine is the key to healthy-looking, shiny blonde hair
- Neutralise unwanted yellow in blonde, grey or white hair with this special cleansing and conditioning combination. Your hair looks and feels healthy and shiny
- Keep your blonde hair super healthy and vibrant with Milk Shake Silver Shine Shampoo and Silver Shine Conditioner
- Milk Shake Silver Shine Shampoo 300 ml and Milk Shake Silver Shine Conditioner 300 ml
- With milk proteins, vitamin-rich blueberries and purple pigment for wonderfully radiant results
- Intense formula specifically designed for use on superlightened, grey or bleached hair
- 100% sulphate free, making it gentler and kinder on the hair and ideal for use on hair extensions
- For professional salon use
- Blonde Hydration Set includes Purple Shampoo for Blonde Hair (290 ml), Blonde Toning Hair Conditioner (200 ml) for nourishment and shine and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment Hair Mask (250 ml) for bleached, blonde and silver hair
- The kick-brass Aussie Purple Shampoo for blonde hair boosts hydration and neutralises brassy, yellow tones
- Aussie Blonde Toning Hair Conditioner leaves locks silky, soft and shiny
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment conditions bleached, blonde and silver hair and provides a much-needed boost of hydration and shine
- With hemp seed extract for amazing moisture and wild plum for toning power and a gorgeous smell
- Prevents colour build-up and dulling for beautiful, healthy hair
- Contains anti-oxidants and optical brighteners to instantly boost shine
- Gentle cleansing formula helps to protect against environmental pollution
- Best used in between washes with the brightening shampoo
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!