Looking to buy the best verruca treatment? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
Get rid of persistent verrucas on your foot at home with our selection of the best wart and verruca treatment gels and foams.
Verrucas are still around, even if school swimming lessons are a fading memory.
The best verruca treatments will work swiftly to eradicate warts on your hands and verrucas on your feet, as well as corns and calluses.
The majority of verruca treatments fall into one of two categories: acid gels, which include salicylic or similar acids to dissolve the thick layers of dead skin that build on top of a verruca, or cryotherapy foams, which freeze and kill the verruca from the inside.
Both acid and cryotherapy treatments have advantages and disadvantages and are available in a number of application methods.
Read on for a guide to buying the appropriate verruca treatment to blitz the culprits fast, safely, and painlessly at home, or skip ahead to see our top selections.
How to choose the most effective verruca therapy for you.
What are verrucas, and what distinguishes them from warts?
The human papillomavirus causes warts and verrucas, which are tiny, scratchy lumps or growths on your skin (HPV).
A verruca (also known as a “plantar wart”) is a wart that grows inwards on the sole of your foot.
The irritating mark on your skin is actually a virus’s defence mechanism.
It produces a lot of skin to cover itself up, and these layers and layers of dead skin compress over time, making them uncomfortable and difficult to treat.
If you have a cluster of verrucas (also known as “mosaic warts”), they can become quite painful if left untreated.
Another reason to treat warts and verrucas as soon as possible is because they are highly contagious and rapidly transmit from one person to another.
If your skin is damaged or the floor is damp, you’re more likely to get infected, which is why verrucas are so common at the pool or gym.
In case you’re wondering, genital warts are not the same as genital warts.
They are sexually transmitted and caused by a separate kind of HPV.
On genital warts, don’t even consider utilising over-the-counter verruca remedies.
Visit a STI clinic instead.
What is the best way to get rid of verrucas?
Acid, which burns the dead skin and infection away, and cryotherapy, which freezes them, are the two most frequent treatments for warts and verrucas.
Salicylic and trichloroacetic acids corrode the hardened layers of dead skin from the outside in.
Acid treatments work best after you’ve softened the verruca by soaking it in water, and you might need some help rubbing away the hardened dead skin with an emery board or pumice stone.
It’s quite simple to perform at home, but a really obstinate verruca can take up to three months to remove.
Cryotherapy works by freezing the verruca and the virus that causes it from the inside out.
It’s quicker than acid treatment, and you might only have to use it once.
Cryotherapy, when performed by a doctor, usually utilises liquid nitrogen and lasts a few (uncomfortable) seconds.
Because the active substances used at home are gentler (such as dimethyl ether), the process is slower and less guaranteed to succeed, but it is also less painful than your doctor’s fast freeze.
The best verruca treatments to buy
- Easy, one-click applicator
- Visible results in one week*
- Precision tip and coloured gel for targeted application
- Clinically proven
- 4 day treatment time
- Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment 26% w/w Gel
- No other gel you can buy is more effective * than Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel
- From the UK’s No.1 selling verruca and wart treatment range**
- Contains salicylic acid which gently removes the infected skin tissue – helping to eliminate the virus
- Pain-free gel forms a water-resistant, protective barrier to reduce the spread of infection
- EASY TO USE AND EFFECTIVE: Scholl verruca and wart remover freeze treatment starts to work in 40 seconds and works by rapidly freezing the wart or verruca. One single treatment can be sufficient however, for more stubborn or persistent warts or verrucas, additional applications may be required. Always read the instructions, if symptoms persists, please consult a Healthcare professional
- PRECISE, TARGETED ACTION: Scholl verruca removal system has precision applicators which are designed to target only the wart or verruca and avoid surrounding healthy skin. Should form a blister after application and fall off in 10-14 days
- HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL FREEZING METHOD: Based on the liquid nitrogen wart or verruca remover treatment used by healthcare professionals
- SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN: Scholl verruca freeze treatment is suitable for use on children aged four years and above. To be applied by an adult and read the instructions carefully before use
- SCHOLL FOOT EXPERTISE: Scholl has over 100 years of expertise and experience in making feet feel better. Scholl's aim to improve health, comfort and wellbeing of people by caring for their feet
- It's a treatment gel
- Clinically proven, pain-free gel
- Once daily application with no fuss and no plasters necessary
- Dries to form a water-resistant, protective barrier to reduce the spread of infection
- Medicated Plasters
- Cushioning pad provides pain and pressure relief
- Helps protect surrounding healthy skin
- It uses a dermatologically tested adhesive
- This product is not suitable for use by children under 16 years of age
- Treats the wart or verruca both from the inside-out (freeze treatment) and from the outside-in (gel treatment).
- Provides highly effective and fast wart and verruca removal within 5 days.
- Both the thickened skin of the wart or verruca and its causative virus are removed, and new healthy skin will appear.
- Combines two of the most effective over-the-counter treatments for warts and verrucas currently available: cryotherapy (freezing) with Cryo-Active and gel treatment with TCA-Active.
- Combining both therapies in one treatment cycle results in an improved success rate compared to therapy with either treatment alone.
- Forwarts can be used for the removal of common and plantar warts on hands and feet.
- Safe to use on children age 4+
- Treat in just 10 seconds
- 15 treatments per box
- Last Stop: Regarding the great choices of wart remover for healing warts, verruca, corn callus, …, BUMAPO proud to be the top great among those products and promised to bring back your bright skin.
- Widely used on all skin types: our wart remover can be applied to any areas on your body: hands, feet…
- Safe & Gentle: BUMAPO pledges to leave no skin irritation and Pain as it includes effective ingredients from nature that are Safe and gentle.
- Plant-based ingredients: our product always stands by safety and qualify so it totally made with all-Natural herb ingredients.
- For the effective treatment of corns, callouses, common warts and verrucas
- No plaster required
- Dries to form a water resistant barrier
- Always read the label
- Active ingredients: Salicylic acid 11.25 Percent w/v, camphor 2.8 Percent w/v
- 【All-natural formula】 All-natural formula won’t irritate your skin, Safe for Plantar Wart treatment, warts on hands, fingersand not worry about discomfort or bad reactions.
- 【Easy To Use】Adhesive bandage holds firmly in place for comfortable fit. Soft cushion relieves painful pressure. Relieve corns effectively, heal the skin.Easy to use and with quick and long time effect.
- 【Safe＆Painless】 All-natural formula won’t irritate your skin, Safe for Plantar Wart treatment, warts on hands, fingersand not worry about discomfort or bad reactions.
- 【Applicable Areas】This product is suitable for people suffering from pain and discomfort caused by corn, wart, and can achieve cold compress therapy and relieve pain.
- 【Precise Action】 verruca removal system has precision applicators which are designed to target only the wart or verruca and avoid surrounding healthy skin.
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!