Looking for the Best Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaners? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
The best vacuums are ideal for dry debris including dust, dirt, cereal, hair, and other common messes.
They can’t, however, handle liquids.
You’ll need a wet and dry vacuum for this.
These types can handle liquids as well as dirt and dust, as the name implies.
This means they may be used both indoors and outside, which is not the case with most vacuums, and they can clean up spills.
They’re also usually long-lasting and have a strong suction.
So, if you need a vacuum cleaner that’s more adaptable than a standard upright or cylinder, a wet and dry vacuum cleaner might be the ideal choice — but which one should you go with?
Are there some vaccines you should stay away from?
In this article, we’ll show you how to do just that.
What Are the Benefits of Purchasing a Wet Vac?
Wet and dry vacuums are more than just standard vacuum cleaners that can handle liquids.
They’re also more robust and strong, sucking up everything from nails to snow with ease.
Some include a blowing mode that can be utilised in reverse.
This is excellent for clearing the hose or shifting debris to a smaller area for easier cleaning.
For sucking up wood chips or dust, some models allow power equipment to be attached via an outlet.
As you use the tool, these outlets allow the machine to turn on and off automatically.
This isn’t available on all vacuum types, but if you work with power tools, it’s a great feature to have.
So, how do wet vacuum cleaners function?
When should they be used, and how?
The collector on these machines is waterproof.
You can use it to suck up water and other liquids since it works as a barrier between liquid and any electrical components (when in the correct mode).
Because there is no protection for the delicate circuits, if you do this with a dry vacuum, the model is likely to short circuit.
However, there are several disadvantages to using a wet dry vacuum.
Standard versions, such as cylinder or upright, have more efficient filter systems (though not always – as we’ll discover later).
These filters keep allergens and other tiny particles from leaking into the atmosphere through exhaust emissions.
This is vital for any vacuum user, but it is especially important if you have dust allergies or asthma.
It’s also worth noting that a wet vac and a carpet cleaner are not the same thing.
Water can be picked up by wet dry vacuums, but a carpet cleaner cleans the carpet.
Some models, on the other hand, can accomplish both (we’ll give you an example later in the text).
For ponds, you should use a pond vacuum rather than a normal wet/dry one.
How to Choose a Vacuum Cleaner for Wet and Dry Cleaning
While we don’t believe you can go wrong with many of todays models (as long as you investigate each model’s characteristics in relation to your needs), we always advocate learning about what affects a vacuum’s performance before purchasing.
In this part, we’ll go over the most important factors to consider when selecting a wet or dry vacuum cleaner.
Your Budget and Requirements
Consider your criteria before beginning your search for a wet vacuum cleaner.
Do you only need a home appliance that can clean up a spilled drink once in a while?
Or are you looking for a machine with industrial strength and a huge capacity?
The finest wet vacuum for you is mostly determined by your needs.
Your budget is also a major consideration.
While most wet vacuums cost less than £200, others go for much less – however there are always trade-offs.
In exchange for a cheaper price, cheap wet and dry vacuums typically sacrifice suction power or capacity.
Models: Handheld or Full-Size
Handheld wet vacuums are good for tiny spills in the kitchen, but not for larger projects.
The majority of the types we’ve discussed thus far have been “full size,” although handheld wet vacuum cleaners are also available.
These have significantly less suction force and capacity, yet they can be handy for clearing up minor spills.
Handheld machines are also inexpensive.
There are also compact variants that aren’t quite portable but don’t have a full-size floor tool, like as the Dewalt DCV582-GB.
They’re ideal for cleaning up quickly in workshops or on-site.
Suction power is one area where both wet and dry vacuums thrive.
The new EU restrictions limiting vacuum power do not appear to apply to wet/dry versions, unlike upright or cylinder models (probably because these are often used for industrial purposes).
As a result, if you need a powerful vacuum, a wet and dry type is definitely your best bet.
Despite this, suction power varies greatly between wet and dry machines.
Although the two are closely linked, increased power utilisation does not always equate to stronger suction.
Reading consumer reviews is the greatest way to determine a model’s suction power.
These give you an indication of how well the vacuum operates in comparison to other vacuums.
It’s important to remember that there is such a thing as too much suction power.
The most powerful vacuums, for example, have a tendency to lift the carpet and are difficult to push forward when cleaning dirt from carpets.
Hose Diameter and Length
The hose diameter determines the maximum amount of debris that can be sucked up by the device.
While most wet and dry vacuums feature hoses with reasonably big diameters, you should double-check this before purchasing.
The hose’s length is also crucial.
While the cable length is likely the most important aspect determining cleaning radius, a longer hose makes it simpler to reach hard-to-reach places.
Longer hoses have the disadvantage of reducing suction.
Capacity (Wet and Dry)
Cleaning may be made much more efficient with a huge capacity.
This is particularly crucial if the vacuum will be used on a construction site where small models can quickly fill up.
A wet and dry vacuum, unlike conventional cleaners, may have two capacities listed: one for dry and one for wet.
Before picking which model to buy, double-check both capabilities.
Tip: Keep in mind that liquids are significantly heavier than dust and dirt, therefore a higher capacity isn’t necessarily better when it comes to emptying for liquids.
Look for a vacuum with good filtration if at all possible, especially if you have allergies.
If you require an industrial wet and dry vacuum for a place with potentially hazardous materials, seek for one with filters built for this purpose.
Other Things to Think About
Accessories and attachments
A crevice tool, for example, is included with the majority of vacuum cleaners.
Check which attachments are included for more particular jobs.
Also, look for a model with built-in storage.
Length of the cord
Longer cords are far more convenient for cleaning vast areas and come with few drawbacks.
A vacuum’s weight is frequently overlooked.
But don’t make this mistake: a powerful vacuum can turn cleaning into a workout rather than a time saver.
Because of their powerful engines, certain wet and dry variants can be quite loud.
Look for vacuums with a lower decibel level if this is an issue.
Connect the hose.
For some versions, the connection between the hose and the tank can be a weak point.
Look for a lock or screw-on connection if you require more durability.
Valve for draining.
This feature comes in handy when you need to empty a lot of liquid.
Many models, both wet and dry, come with warranties or guarantees.
Check to see if the price includes parts and labour.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use a wet and dry vacuums to clean carpets?
Before spraying water over a carpet, carpet cleaners heat a vast tank of water.
This, in conjunction with a dissolving cleaning agent, aids in the removal of dust and filth.
The equipment then suctions the dirt out with a vacuum, leaving a cleaner carpet in its wake.
While different machines use different techniques, this is how carpet cleaners function in general.
This is something that neither wet nor dry vacuums can perform.
Therefore don’t have a water reservoir, and they can’t spray water on carpets or other surfaces.
They’re fantastic for vacuuming up wet spills, but if you want to clean your carpet, you’ll either have to spray it yourself with water and cleaning agent or pay a carpet cleaner.
What Sets Them Apart From Ordinary Vacuum Cleaners?
Wet/dry vacuums, as you may know, are meant to handle more challenging duties than conventional vacuums.
As a result, they’re frequently employed on building sites, gardens, and automobile interiors.
To do so, they must be far more durable and powerful than previous models.
The main distinction is the location of the electronics.
As you may expect, properly insulated electronics are critical for a wet and dry vacuum.
This eliminates any risk to the user when vacuuming wet substances, as well as preventing damage to the equipment.
Most wet and dry types contain a method for separating liquids and solids inside the vacuum.
Depending on the make and model, you may need to change filters to access these different modes.
A blower is included with some machines.
Vacuum cleaners, both wet and dry, are the “workhorses” of the cleaning business.
They can handle items that would shatter or short-circuit normal devices, and their capacity to absorb fluids is quite valuable.
Begin by considering your requirements while selecting a vacuum.
What will you do with the appliance?
For what kinds of jobs do you require it?
And what is your financial plan?
The suction power is perhaps the most critical aspect after your requirements.
Many wet/dry vacuums have strong suction, which allows for a more thorough clean.
Best Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaners To Buy
- Built with a powerful 1250W motor
- Multi-purpose tool that can be used at home or in the workshop
- Large robust tank – 15L
- Selection of accessories that can be stored in the onboard storage space
- Draper 12 months parts and labour warranty
- WET OR DRY - The Vacmaster Power 30 Wet & Dry Cleaner with Power Take Off delivers a high suction power to clean up any wet or dry mess in your workshop or home. The vacuum cleaner includes a cartridge filter and dust bag to remove dry dirt and dust while the foam filter clears liquid and damp debris
- HOOK UP POWER TOOLS - Extract dust while you work. Attach a 240V power tool to the power socket on the vacuum to remotely operate the cleaner while you sand and drill - clean up doesn’t have to be harder than the job itself
- FOR HOME AND WORKSHOPS - With a thick 30L stainless steel tank, suction tubes, air flow control and simple operation, the Vacmaster Power 30 is a powerful cleanup tool for workshop and DIY work. Easily clear and dispose of dirt and rubble for a spotless job
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL DESIGN - Additional design features deliver powerful on-site cleaning. The built in drainage plug disposes of liquid without the need to lift the vacuum - simply unscrew the plug. While the added blower function plugs into the exhaust port to make light work of sweeping
- VACMASTER BY CLEVA - We use the latest processes and highest engineering standards to create powerful products inspired by your needs - at home or in your workshop. The result is a wide range of products with exceptional output and durability
- Refresh your home - revive and refresh carpets, hard-floors and upholstery
- Clean and shampoo carpets - carpets are left clean, smelling fresh and feeling fluffy
- Quickly clean and dry hard-floors - hard-floors are left clean, hygienic and touch-dry
- Ideal for pets - keep your home clean, fresh and safe. Weight (machine + kit): 11 kg
- Emergency cleans - blocked sinks, showers, household leaks, spills and more
- WET & DRY EXTRACTION: Clean up water, sludge, dust and dirt with this heavy duty vacuum cleaner. This high performance wet and dry vacuum is powered by a self-cooling 200 air watt bypass motor that clears messes in your home, garage, or workshop
- HOOK UP POWER TOOLS - 1740W power take-off socket. Plug in your power tool and connect the suction hose to start extracting dust as you sand or drill. Operate the vacuum cleaner remotely from the power switch on your tool
- BAGGED OR BAGLESS OPERATION - Simply fit the dust bag to hygienically dispose of dirt and fine dust. Or use without a dustbag when vacuuming larger rubble or liquids into the 20L tank
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL DESIGN - There are few spaces the Vacmaster Multi 20 can’t reach. Light and compact with multiple accessories, this vacuum can easily clean corners, car interiors, curtains, carpet and floors. Its blower function turns it into a garden and gutter cleaner or pumps air into paddling pools and airbeds
- VACMASTER BY CLEVA - We use the latest processes and highest engineering standards to create powerful products inspired by your needs. The result is a wide range of products with exceptional output and durability
- 【ALL-IN-ONE DESIGN】FLOOR ONE S3 vacuums, washes and dries all at the same time. Lightweight and cordless convenient, low noise output, and powerful suction
- 【INNOVATIVE】iLoop Smart Sensor technology detects wet/dry messes and auto adjusts suction power and water flow for optimal cleaning; Floors dry quickly and streak free.
- 【Automatic Self-cleaning function】Hands-free; all functions at the touch of a button
- 【Dual Tank Technology】Always cleans with fresh solution. Keeps clean water and formula separated from dry debris and dirty water
- 【All-in-one LED display】Built in app connectivity and helpful voice assistant monitors cleaning performance for the ultimate hard floor cleaning experience.
- Built for the tough stuff - powerful, long-life 1060 W motor
- Ready for Anything - Change from wet to dry pick-up quickly and easily.
- A tool for every job - whether wet or dry, hard-floor or carpet, upholstery or hard to reach, Charles is equipped for the job
- Emergency cleans - blocked sinks, showers, household leaks, spills and more
- What goes in, stays in - self-seal tab locks dust in the bag, meaning emptying with no dust and no mess after dry use
- 【ALL-IN-ONE DESIGN】Vacuums, washs and drys can work together. The Vacuum Cleaner safe and effective to use on tile, sealed wood floors, carpet, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats etc. Floors dry quickly and streak free.
- 【DUAL TANK DESIGN】Double Water Tank designed to separate contiminated water from clean water during cleaning and ensure that you’re always cleaning with a fresh mix of water and achieving optimal cleaning results.
- 【SELF CLEANING by ONE BUTTON】Hands Free, holding down the self-cleaning button, you don’t have to manually clean the roller brush for regular maintenance.
- 【User-Friendly Controls on Handle】Smart Touch Button to easily switch between different modes to clean hard floor or carpet. The Area Rug mode dispenses twice the cleaning solution (or just water) of the hard floor mode for optimized cleaning.
- 【Extra-Long 25-Ft Cord】With its long corded design, Particularly efficiant when cleaning larger Areas without ever having to stop mid-clean for a charge. After Runing Self Cleaning, wrap the cord around the cord hooks on the back. Store the machine on its base in a dry.
- Robust model with 20L stainless steel tank and blower function
- Ideal for use in the workshop, garage or DIY work around the home and garden
- Selection of accessories: Foam filter, cloth filter, paper dust bag, 1.5M flexible hose with hand grip and air control, three extension tubes, floor brush, crevice nozzle, Air blower function
- Designed to pick up wet and dry materials
- 20L tank volume
- Wet and dry vacuum cleaner with 20 litre tank
- 5M cable and approved plug
- Castors for easy movability and a carry handle
- Ideally suited for use in the workshop, garage or DIY work around the home and garden
- Designed to pick up wet and dry materials
- Powerful 1400w vac carpet/upholstery cleaner: Able to clean up liquid spills and dry dirt and dust.
- Our wet vac has a huge 19kpa suction power: Capable of demanding cleaning jobs around your home / workshop.
- 30L stainless steel container: Ensures dust, dirt or dirty water is collected effectively. Perfect as industrial carpet cleaner.
- This industrial hoover has a 4.5m power cable: Includes integrated cable tidy for neat storage.
- For your peace of mind comes with 3 year Hyundai warranty and full UK after sales team.
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!