The Mavic 2 Zoom is a foldable, small drone with a 2x optical zoom lens (4x digital zoom).
It has the same body as the Mavic 2 Pro, with the exception of the camera module.
It’s perfect for those who desire the versatility of a zoom lens, the capacity to focus on subjects without going too near, or the opportunity to record unusual video with the built-in DollyZoom effect.
In Sport mode, this drone reaches a top speed of 70.8 km/h (44 mph) and can fly for up to 31 minutes.
The drone has 360° obstacle avoidance thanks to ten sensors on the top, bottom, and sides.
Its camera has a 12MP, 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor with an F2.8-3.8 aperture range, similar to the original Mavic Pro.
On a 3-axis gimbal, it has a 2x optical (4x digital) zoom lens with a FOV of around 83° (24 mm) to 48° (48 mm).
Two-times digital zoom may also replicate a 96mm telephoto lens, capturing lossless full HD imagery.
Image capturing in raw format is possible.
Slow motion video can be captured in D-Cinelike colour profile at up to 100Mbps with support for the H.265 codec at rates up to 4K/30p, 2.7K/60p, or 1080/120p.
The D-Cinelike colour profile from DJI is included in this model.
Unlike certain previous and current Mavic models, the wider 4K DCI format is not supported.
The Mavic 2 Pro’s remote controller is the same.
It has an inbuilt LCD screen that keeps you up to date on important flight information.
The Dual Remote Controller mode allows two people to independently control the drone and operate the camera, although it does require an extra remote.
The drone has an 8-kilometer range thanks to OcuSync 2.0. (5 miles).
Dolly Zoom is a significant QuickShot option that is exclusive to this model.
When you fly the drone backward while zooming in on a subject, you can create the illusion of a morphing background.
The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is the company’s first drone with an optical zoom lens.
The Mavic 2 Zoom is an excellent alternative for people who wish to stretch their creative muscles in new ways that require a camera to zoom in mid-air without getting too near.
Drones with larger image sensors and a better colour profile may be of interest to serious photographers and videographers.
What we like:
- 2x optical zoom
- Built-in dolly zoom effect
- Super resolution mode
What we don’t:
- No Log gamma mode for video
- Expensive batteries
- MAVIC 2 ZOOM DRONE: Powered by a 1/2.3-inch 12-megapixel sensor with up to 4x zoom, including a 2x optical zoom (24–48 mm), 4 the Mavic 2 Zoom is all about dynamic perspectives
- QUICK AND ACCURATE FOCUS: Hybrid autofocus on the Mavic 2 Zoom combines phase and contrast detection for higher focus accuracy with an increased focus speed of up to 40% more than before
- SUPER RESOLUTION PHOTOS: When taking a picture with a 24 mm equivalent field-of-view, the camera will capture and patch 9 photos with its telephoto lens, resulting in a 48-mp super resolution photo
- ZOOM DURING FLIGHT: Dolly Zoom is a new QuickShot for the Mavic 2 Zoom. Automatically it adjusts focus when flying, adding an intense, warping visual effect to your video
- DJI: Every idea, every revolution that changes our world starts with a vision; DJI offers creative people the tools they need to bring their ideas to life
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine reviews from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!