Salter EK3131 Espressimo Barista Style Coffee Machine
The Salter EK3131 Espressimo Barista Style Coffee Machine is a fantastic size if you want to experience the taste of true ground coffee but don’t want a giant, bulky coffee maker clogging up your worktop. It is only 2.38kg in weight and 30cm in height. It may not be the most powerful coffee machine we’ve tried, with a 5-pump bar pressure and 870-watt power, but it has all the essentials for making espressos with a good crema and foamy milk. The machine is very versatile, with included tools for making espressos, lattes, Americanos, cortados, and other coffees ranging from strong to milky.
The stainless-steel filter on the Salter EK3131 Espressimo Barista Style Coffee Machine is significantly deep, which is ideal if you prefer a robust cup of coffee. Although one level spoon is recommended for one cup of coffee, you can fit a large amount of ground coffee within in one go. You can also use a coffee spoon to pack the coffee in place. A 240ml tempered glass cup with a handle sits beneath the filter to catch the coffee, and while you can only fill the water container with 200ml at a time, having a larger glass cup to catch the coffee means you’re less likely to spill it.
We found it simple to lock the filter in place, and there are clear instructions on how to do so on the machine’s head. The control dial is on the machine’s side, with logos illustrating the basic functions. Simply turn to the cup logo to extract the coffee. When the water is hot enough, a handy ready indicator light will let you know. If you wish to stop the coffee extraction in the middle, switch to pause.
There’s also a frothing feature, which you can use in conjunction with the foaming wand to make milky cappuccinos and flat whites. The wand is flexible enough to reach into a mug or small jug without difficulty, despite the lack of a separate jug. Cleaning was simple, and the removable drip tray was very simple to clean because it easily pulls off.
There are tools for both black and white coffee; tiny and light; produces a good crema; huge filter holds plenty of coffee
The design isn’t the most appealing we’ve seen, and the water capacity is limited.
Overall, we recommend the Salter EK3131 Espressimo Barista Style Coffee Machine as a good buy for yuor kitchen.
- Make your favourite coffees from your own home with this brilliant Espressimo machine from Salter which is incredibly simple to use.
- Creating authentic barista flavours, this coffee maker has five bar pressure and can produce up to four shots of espresso at a time.
- Featuring a milk frother function, use this espressimo coffee machine to make smooth, creamy lattes, frothy cappuccinos and more.
- With a high quality stainless steel finish and a black exterior the 870 W Salter coffee maker is complete with a 240ml glass carafe.
- Designed to make life a little easier, the coffee maker boasts a removable and washable drip tray for simple cleaning and minimal mess.
Honest Bob aims to provide genuine reviews from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!