This article is for you if you’re looking for a caravan microwave.
Caravanning is a terrific way to unwind and enjoy the open road.
There are numerous advantages to caravanning, but one thing that some people struggle with is cooking for themselves while on the road.
Fortunately, there are microwaves on the market that are specifically intended for your caravan or motorhome.
This blog post will review ten various compact microwaves that operate in caravans and RVs!
We’ll talk about their advantages and disadvantages, as well as which aspects make them ideal for caravans or motorhomes.
This blog post should provide you with enough information to pick the best microwave for your needs so that you may enjoy home-cooked meals while travelling!
The Best Caravan Microwaves To Buy In 2022
Igenix Kettle and Microwave – Camping Pack
- Low power (500 watt) 240 volt microwave oven.
- Low power travel kettle (1000 watt)
This device combines a microwave oven and a portable kettle. If you plan on going camping this weekend, the Igenix kettle and microwave could be a good buy.
The cooking power of this low wattage convection microwave oven is 500 watts. As a result, you can use it after plugging it into a 6-amp electrical outlet.
The oven is attractive due to its compact dimensions and white enamel finish. If you want to utilise an inverter to power the oven, choose a 12 or 24 Volt model with a power rating of 1500 Watts.
A kettle with 1000Watts of power is supplied. The electric kettle can be used to boil eggs, heat beverages, heat milk, and cook rice. If you want to eat healthy even while camping, this low-cost camping kit is worth considering.
Daewoo 20L Manual Microwave
This is ideal for weekend travels when you need a bowl of soup or popcorn. It has a capacity of 20 litres, allowing you to make a wide variety of cuisine and snacks.
The campervan microwave features 5 power levels of cooking settings, which are useful for reheating, cooking, or defrosting a variety of dishes.
The most handy feature is the defrost function, which swiftly thaws what you wish to eat. This function is useful when you need to reheat anything that has been frozen for a long time.
The microwave uses concave reflex technology to remove cold and uncooked portions from your food, allowing you to enjoy properly cooked meals even when you’re outside. Aside from that, the oven includes two control dials that provide a 30-minute cooking timer and are very simple to use.
COMFEE’ Microwave Oven with 5 Cooking Power Levels – CM-M202GSF
- 5 Power Levels: This microwave's power levels makes it great for a broad range of heating jobs, whether you're softening ice cream or getting leftovers piping hot
- Handy Features: This 20L microwave oven features a user-friendly control panel, interior light, clock & kitchen timer
- Easy Defrost Function: Start defrosting by weight/time with just one touch of a button, saving precious time when you're in a rush!
- Fashionable Style: The neutral white colour on this solo microwave will fit in seamlessly with the décor of any kitchen
- Product Specs - Exterior: 44x34.5x25.9cm, Interior: 30.6x30.4x20.6cm (WxDxH)
The COMFEE’ CM-M202GSF has a unique retro design that adds style to your caravan. It features an 800 W microwave power and 5 power settings. The oven includes eight cooking presets, allowing you to produce some of the healthiest and most delicious dishes, such as soups, spaghetti, poached eggs, and much more.
Because of the various temperature levels, you can easily deal with the majority of the eatables. It contains a 35-minute kitchen timer and an inside light for checking the dish. Furthermore, the oven boasts an express-cook button that starts cooking with a single touch and saves time when you’re in a rush.
The camping microwave oven has a capacity of 20 litres, which is large enough to hold soup bowls, plates, and other small and medium-sized dinnerware. The appliance adds some style to your road travels due to its elegant design.
MSC 320W Low Power Caravan Microwave
- Exterior dimensions 447mm wide x 258mm high x 345mm deep
- Interior dimensions 295mm wide x 212mm high x 296mm deep
- Low power microwave oven for use on campsites, ideal in caravans and camper vans.
- These ovens are specially converted in our workshop to reduce the cooking power to 320 watts.
- This enables the microwave to run from a 5 amp supply without tripping the electricity supply.
Our fourth option for caravans, camper vans, and campsites is the MSC low power oven. But do you know why it is at the top of our list of recommendations?
Because this oven is designed to have a working power of 320 watts.
What is the main issue with a generator? It provides “dirty” power, which includes surges that can be damaging to electronic devices.
However, this is not the case with the MSC rig because it contains a soft start circuit that prevents surges. Aside from that, it boasts a compact design and a fashionable white enamel finish.
Keep in mind that the MSC oven requires 240 volts and a 5 amp electrical source. It includes a 3-pin plug. Aside from that, the oven is simple to use and has enough capacity to make your road trip even more enjoyable.
Russell Hobbs RHRETMD706C Digital Solo Microwave
- Compact design, ideal for kitchens with limited space.
- Chrome handles and dials for a stylish finish
- Easy to use 30 minute timer, simply select the time and start cooking
- Compact design, ideal for kitchens with limited space.
- Easy to use dials, simply select the power and time
What is your favourite meal? Is that a lasagna? Alternatively, you may prefer minced beef over a weekend getaway. It is here that you can make use of the digital RHRETMD706C. You can have lasagna in a matter of minutes thanks to its 5 power settings and defrost feature. Furthermore, because the digital basic/solo microwave is small, it is ideal for use in a trailer.
Russell Hobbs RHRETMD706C is available in three different colours. This single microwave is a versatile cooking gadget that is simple to use and takes up little space on the mobile shelf.
Aside from outdoor use, the RHRETMD706C is ideal for households with a small cooking area. It has a chrome dial and handles that match the rest of the kitchen’s appliances.
Cookology Retro Microwave in Cream RETMA20LCR
- Get some style in your kitchen with this impressive Retro Microwave, designed by Cookology and combining Quality, Style and Value
- You get a Family Friendly 25cm Turntable so you can defrost or cook family sized portions
- The Cream Finish will brighten up your kitchen
- You get easy to use, intuitive dials so you can start cooking instantly without learning complicated controls
- Cookology is a British Brand, based in Suffolk
Cookology is one of the UK’s most rapidly rising kitchen equipment brands. One of the best microwaves for RVs is the RETMA20LCR.
It features a 20-litre capacity and a generous 25cm turntable that can accommodate a variety of plates. This means it could be an excellent investment if you enjoy weekend family getaways.
The RETMA20LCR is a high-quality, elegant, and useful retro microwave with a low price tag. Because of its white exterior, the oven is suitable for use in any caravan or home kitchen. Then, a black glass door with a chrome handle completes the look.
The Cookology oven has a couple of knobs to make it easier to use without having to follow extensive instructions. For your convenience, it offers five temperature settings, a 35-minute timer, and a defrost mode.
Geepas 20L Microwave Oven – 700W Solo Microwave Oven
- 700W POWERFUL - 700 watts of microwave power for quick and convenient cooking in your home and the included speedy defrost saving you time so that you can cook meals straight from the freezer. Perfect everyday microwave, ideal for cooking a variety of meals in minutes.
- LARGE 20L CAPACITY(L44 X W34 X H24 CM), COMPACT - Create delicious meals with this manual microwave with a 20 litre capacity, suitable for a standard dinner plate. It comes with a removable & dishwasher safe glass turn-table for easy cleaning. Taking up less space in your kitchen, the compact size allows you to place the microwave anywhere you like while still offering 20 litres of cooking capacity, it is an extremely versatile appliance that will let you cook almost anything.
- 5-STAGE SELECTOR, TIMER FUNCTION - Comes with 5 power levels for a wide range of cooking requirements and lets you easily find the correct temperature for a variety of dishes! Also equipped with a 30-minute timer function for added convenience, simply select the time & start cooking.
- SPEEDY REHEATING & DEFROST SETTINGS - Whether you're reheating up leftovers from the night before or defrosting the food, it allows you to defrost conveniently & with a speedy temperature you can cook quickly. The manual knobs allow you to easily select required temperature setting & timer.
- ADJUSTABLE POWER LEVELS, EFFORTLESS CONTROL, 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Controlling the cooking time of each of your meals is effortless thanks to the stylish, easy-to-use controls. The cooking options available to you are endless. From cooking mincemeat for your Bolognese, to melting chocolate for your ice cream sundae, there's a microwave power level for each of your cooking needs.
This Geepas oven is attractive and provides quick and easy cooking on the go. It’s little, but it has a capacity of 20 litres, which is ideal for dinner plates and soup bowls. The stainless steel interior of this appliance promotes consistent heat distribution and avoids rusting.
The oven contains a defrost function that allows you to cook uncooked food straight from the freezer. In other words, it can take care of all of your defrosting, reheating, and cooking requirements.
This compact microwave for caravan offers 5 power levels, allowing you to cook excellent meals in a matter of minutes.
On the riverbank, you can catch fish such as salmon. If you’re going on a road trip, there are a variety of additional products that you might enjoy while on the road.
It could be spaghetti, soup, chicken, or pizza. Whatever you choose to eat, the Geepas model can reheat or cook anything at your command. It’s one of the greatest microwaves for your caravan if you want to take care of your nutrition even when you’re on the road.
Caravan Microwave FAQS
Do I Need a Microwave in My Caravan?
Microwave ovens are one of the most efficient ways to reheat foods such as soup and baked beans.
Scrambled eggs and grilled salmon are two other dishes that are simple to prepare with such a device. You must not overlook the defrost function, which allows you to defrost any food item.
You’ll find a variety of food items that come in pouches that can only be cooked in a microwave. When you’re on vacation, such prepared products come in handy.
In other words, an oven is a convenient method to eat great and healthful cuisine while on the go.
What Power Output Do I Require?
A typical microwave uses approximately 1200 watts of power, which is comparable to that of a kettle, toaster, or hairdryer. However, such a strong device cannot be used inside a campervan.
Such ovens require even more power in the initial few milliseconds after turning on, which may not be accessible on a campsite, especially if you are travelling abroad.
The best option is to go with anything that uses 500 to 700 watts to run. These microwaves are compatible with all campsites in the United Kingdom.
Every location has a 10 or 16 Amp electrical outlet. However, reheating your food in a low watt oven may take a long time. As a result, it is essential that you stir or regulate the food components on a frequent basis.
What if I’m a wild camper?
If you want to spend more time deep in the woods instead of staying at campsites, a low-wattage microwave is a good investment. Check if the caravan’s batteries have enough power to withstand a microwave.
What About the size?
Microwave ovens come in a variety of sizes and shapes. We recommend that you look for models that are compact and lightweight and can hold all of your travelling dishes and bowls.
Every RV has a maximum weight capacity, therefore there is no use in putting additional strain on its engine. Aside from that, measure the area where you intend to set the oven and choose something that will fit.
How big should my microwave be?
The majority of the solutions we explored today range in size from 14 to 20 litres. However, variants with a maximum capacity of up to 35 litres are available. You’re running out of room inside your caravan. As a result, it is advised that you choose a small oven that will suffice.
Look for a small microwave with a large turntable. If you frequently travel in your motorhome with your family, seek for a large turntable and capacity. If you are a lone traveller or usually drive with your companion, a compact oven will suffice.
Should I get a digital or a manual microwave?
Digital microwaves are more exact in terms of timing and have many pre-set features for ease of use.
You must, however, reset the timer each time you unplug and re-plug the microwave. Apart from that, there are no additional distinctions between these two groups.
So, depending on your needs, you can try any of these. You can learn more about How to Choose the Best Microwave Oven for Your RV here.
Other Factors to Consider
Look for a microwave with a high-quality construction that can withstand movement and slight bumps.
If you’re retrofitting the appliance in the caravan, use a cradle that can safeguard it from jerks and vibrations. Make sure it has enough space on all sides for proper ventilation.
There are various additional functionalities in an oven that can make cooking easier and more convenient. Pre-set cooking schedules and defrost are among them. Another useful function is autocook, which informs you of the power and cooking time. Simply enter the weight of the item you want to prepare, and the microwave will display you the required temperature as well as how long it will take to complete the cooking procedure.
Is there a 12V Portable Microwave available for a Caravan?
There are numerous 12V portable microwaves available for use with a caravan. However, such an equipment might quickly drain the caravan battery. As a result, a 12v microwave may not be suitable for everyday use.
Is it possible to use any microwave in a caravan?
No. You should select a low-wattage convection oven that does not use more than 700Watts to run. Only then will you be allowed to use such an appliance on a campsite with a 10 or 16-amp electrical outlet.
Today, we talked about three excellent caravan microwaves that are acceptable for the majority of UK campsites. We recommend that you select a model with a wattage limit of 700 watts or less. It may be tempting to use a powerful appliance while on the road, but this would just overload the circuit and cause it to short out.
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!