When the flies are taunting you by walking and flying around the sticky fly paper traps you’ve set up, or you simply don’t like the idea of sticky fly paper all over the place, electric fly killers are the solution. These electric traps attract flies with a specific wavelength of UV light before zapping them with a burst of high voltage electricity to kill them.
In this review, we present a variety of fly killer units, discussing their benefits, drawbacks, and features before making our recommendation. Our Buyer’s Guide will tell you what to look for and what to expect from electric fly killers.
The Best Electric Fly Killers Of 2022
Sahara Sailor Mosquito Killer Lamp
- ⚡【POWERFUL AND EFFICIENT】The Mosquito Killer Lamp contains 18W high intensity ultraviolet light, which can effectively attract mosquitoes and other harmful flying insects by releasing a wavelength of 365nm and 360 °, and then immediately kill them with a 4000V high dome. It can effectively cover an area of more than 90 square meters.
- ⚡【SAFE AND QUIET】 Mosquito Killer is made of high-quality and durable ABS material, contains no chemicals and is safe for pregnant women, children, and pets. If you have intentionally added an outer grill smaller than 7mm to prevent accidental electric shock. The noise from this product is very low and does not interfere with your sleep or that of your baby.
- ⚡【WATERPROOF AND DURABLE】 The body of the mosquito repellent lamp is made of high-temperature ABS material, which has good durability. The unique spiral design on the top supports IPX4 in front of the road, so also if you can use it outdoors in rainy days. At the same time, the good energy-saving design makes the lamp have a lifespan of up to 5000H.
- ⚡【PORTABLE AND EASY TO CLEAN】 To enhance the mosquito repellent effect, it is recommended to place the insecticide at a height of 20-100cm to ensure that the UV lamp can cover the entire space. Thanks to the unique design of the handle, you can take it on the wall or put it on the table. Dead bugs are collected at the bottom of the removable basket and can be easily removed with a brush for quick cleaning.
- ⚡【WIDE APPLICATION】 Mosquito repellent lamps if widely used in homes, kitchens, restaurants, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, garages, gardens, balconies, farms, factories, and offer 24-hour mosquito protection.
The Sahara Sailor Mosquito Killer Lamp has one of the most powerful zapping capabilities of any of the fly killer units we tested. At 4000V, no fly will survive after being drawn in by the 18W 365nm wavelength UV light. The dead bugs fall to the unit’s tray at the bottom, which is easily removed for disposal and cleaning.
Everything is housed in a rectangular lantern-shaped unit made of water-resistant black ABS plastic (IPX4 rating). The peaked design of the lantern’s top allows rainwater to run off easily and prevents it from entering the unit’s internal workings. The metal grid that wraps around the lantern prevents pets and children from touching the bulb and electric components inside. However, online reviewers report that the grid’s gaps are large enough to allow moths to enter and die.
Any flying insect within 90m2 is fair game for this Sahara Sailor insect killer, which can be used both indoors and outdoors. This fly killer comes with a metal chain that can be hung from a hook or placed on a flat surface, such as a coffee table. You also get two replacement bulbs, so you don’t have to rush to the store if one of your lights burns out on a fly-infested night.
This model can be plugged into a convenient plug socket using a standard 150cm electric cord.
Concise Home and Insect Killer 40W
- Our Insect killers are economical and effective in use making them ideal for shops, takeaways, Offices, catering , food production areas, home & commercial kitchens, and other applications requiring effective fly control. Electric Fly Killer eliminates the nuisance caused by Flies effectively, Wasps. Fly Ants and more, Room Coverage 90m2. Energy efficient & eco-friendly electric fly killer at only 40W.
- Our mosquito lamp uses a fully enclosed external iron mesh, to ensure that you will not have any risk of electric shock, in line with UK and EU safety requirements. And the high hardness of the outer iron net, even if squeezing will not be deformed, will not touch the grid. This is a safety design that none of our competitors have.
- Our mosquito lamp has a completely different configuration.Our UVA lamp, spectral peak at 365nm, mosquito killing effect is more obvious. And passed the CE, WEEE double EU certification. Lampholders are made of ABS plastic, more durable.
- Our mosquito lamp is made of aluminum alloy, making it solid and easy to wipe. And has a removable mosquito body tray slot for easy cleaning, to ensure that you will not dirty your hands.
- Our mosquito lamp has a variety of installation options, you can use the ceiling or wall hanging, you can also freely placed or placed on the desktop. Our wires have been extended to 1.0 meters for your convenience.
The Concise Home and Insect Killer 40W is an electric unit that is long and flat. Within an aluminium alloy and plastic structure, two 20W UV tube lights run horizontally. The mesh grid on the front and back of the unit is made of metal, and the bars are spaced fairly closely together to keep curious fingers out. Our review focuses on the 40W model, but there are also 12W and 30W models available, each with the same features but in different sizes. All UV wavelengths are the standard 365nm wavelength that flies can’t stand.
Bugs within a 90m2 area are vulnerable to the emitted light. When they arrive at the bright glow, they are greeted by a 2100V electrical jolt. Their bodies decompose and fall into the collecting tray that runs the length of the unit. It’s simple to remove the tray to dispose of the dead flies and clean it before reinstalling it.
This Concise fly killer has an On/Off switch, so you can leave it plugged in if you want (with all the usual precautions for electric devices). The unit can be hung on the wall or stood upright on a horizontal surface such as a table. It’s intended for both indoor and outdoor use, but keep it at least 0.3m away from any walls. The manufacturer recommends placing this unit at a height of 1.8m to 2.2m above the ground.
Palone Electric Bug Zapper
- [4300V High Efficiency] PALONE mosquito killer, 4300V high efficiency mosquito killer, 20W UV pest killer, using bionic technology, it is easier to catch mosquitoes and kill insects. It is a 360° upgraded version of the automatic mosquito killer, the power is 2-4 times that of the ordinary mosquito killer, and the coverage is wide.
- [Safety Guarantee] PALONE mosquito killer lamp adopts ABS safety protective shell, and is equipped with a safe weatherproof cover. It is very environmentally friendly and can be used 100% safely. This mosquito killer is odorless, smokeless and noiseless. Your sleep will not be disturbed, and you will get a high-quality living environment.
- [Multifunctional] PALONE mosquito killer lamp is suitable for many occasions, such as: office, living room, courtyard, bedroom, kitchen, baby room, etc. This mosquito killer can also be used outdoors. It is equipped with IPX4 advanced waterproof function. It can be placed anywhere outdoors by using the top hook. It is a good companion for travel and picnics. It can kill mosquitoes, ants, house flies, spiders, cockroaches, wasps, etc., with very good effects.
- [Cable Length and Easy of Use] PALONE mosquito killer, the cable is long enough, in any case, you can use the 3.9FT cable without external socket, it can solve the connection problem of multiple cables at the same time. In addition, there are top hooks specially used for indoor and outdoor expansion, which is very convenient to use.
- [Easy to Clean] PALONE Mosquito Killer, the bottom is easy to clean. It can be cleaned in only 3 steps. It is equipped with a handy brush to achieve the best cleaning effect. It is easier to clean than fly swatter or insect repellent, and it cleans faster.
In our review, the PALONE Bug Zapper, High-performance, provides the ultimate fly killing capabilities. The bright 20W UV light attracts flies from a 100m2 area before shocking them with a 4300V electrical charge. No insect should be able to stand up after being electrocuted in this manner.
This fly killer has the appearance of a rectangular lantern with a domed roof. The bars on all sides of the unit allow flies, mosquitoes, and other flying insects to enter from all directions as they are drawn to the light. For durability, the weatherproof and water-resistant cover (IPX4) is made of black ABS plastic. The hook at the top of the dome allows you to hang the unit, but no hanging chain is included. The design of the unit also allows it to be placed on a flat surface, such as a retaining wall around your patio.
The bottom round fly collection tray is easily removed. Brush the dead flies away with the included brush before washing the tray with soapy water. A power cord is included, but it’s only 1.2m long, and online reviewers complain that they have to use an extension cord to plug the unit in.
ASPECTEK Fly and Insect Killer 20W
- Powerful insect control: two UV bulbs emit powerful attractant ultraviolet rays that attract flies, mosquitoes and other flying insects from up to 80 feet away (more than 5000 sq. Ft. ). Powerful coverage area lures insects to the machine where they are zapped by a powerful 2, 800 volt shock
- Effective & large area coverage: mosquito killer, fly killer, bug killer (100% Satisfaction). effective for a large area of up to 5, 000 sq. Feet!
- Easy-to-use: easy to use and maintenance free; Simply plug in the bug zapper and watch the device eliminate all annoying flies. Dead insects are caught in a tray for easy disposal. For indoor use, or outdoors where unit will stay dry. Stands on its own or can be hung onto the wall with a chain Hanger (included). insects are collected in a removable and washable tray. The protective net is also Removable to make cleaning easy. The electric grid is self-cleaning.
- Comfortable : Get rid of bugs fast without sticky and sprays. Great for kitchens and hospitals.
- with great mesh: despite the powerful electric grid, The electronic insect killer is With great mesh. The grid is surrounded by a protective cage. The device is CE certified and RoHS compliant
The ASPECTEK – Fly and Insect Killer 20W is a battery-powered device with two 10W UV lights. These lights use the well-known 365nm wavelength to attract flies from up to 24 metres away. When they arrive, they are zapped with 2800 volts of electricity from the grid. This Aspectek 20W unit can provide a 452m2 fly-free zone.
This fly and insect killer resembles an old-fashioned bathroom bar heater. The two horizontal tube lights are housed in a white and black metal and plastic frame. The front and back of the unit are protected by an open metal grid with closely spaced bars. Small fingers should not be able to fit between the bars because they do not bend in to touch the tubes or the electric element.
The dead flies are collected in a tray at the bottom of the unit, which is easily removed. Shake off the flies, then wash the tray with soapy water and replace it. If you need to clean inside, the grid at the front of the unit unlatches and swings down – except for the electric grid, which is self-cleaning. However, before you touch it, make sure to disconnect any resident electricity from the grid.
This ASPECTEK – Fly and Insect Killer can stand on its own on a flat surface or be hung with the included chain. This is a fly killer that should only be used indoors.
FENUN Mosquito Killer Lamp
- Easy to operate, you only need to press catching button, and the mosquito trap will start working
- Press catching button and light button to enter smart band change mode with 7 wavelengths in total, it will automatically switch the wavelength every 15 minutes
- It can simulates human body temperature to emit heat to further enhance the trapping ability
- Our fly traps indoor comes with 10 sticky gule boards and it works in bedrooms, kitchen and living rooms
- 5W low power trap is for saving energy, with 4-ft power cable, so you can put it wherever you want
If the ‘crack’ sound of flies being electrocuted disturbs you or your sleep, the FENUN Mosquito Killer Lamp is for you. After attracting the flies, an anti-escape fan draws them deeper into the unit, where they are trapped by a sticky pad and held there until they die. The tray at the bottom of the unit that holds the sticky pad is easily removed for replacement and cleaning. With your purchase, you will receive ten sticky pads. The length of time they last is determined by the number of flies caught in the trap.
This Fenun model differs from the others in our review in a few other ways. First and foremost, it lacks a standard plug; instead, it is powered by a USB interface. But don’t worry, this fly catcher comes with a 1.3m USB cable as well as an adapter to allow you to plug it into a wall outlet. If you’re going camping, you could run it from your laptop.
Second, while the UV-light operates at the standard 360nm wavelength to attract flies, you have the option of cycling through another six wavelengths up to 400nm automatically (the wavelength changes every 15 minutes). This takes into account the fact that not all flies prefer 360nm light as their preferred wavelength. You should be able to catch a wider range of flying bugs this way. To turn on the automatic cycling, there is a separate button next to the On/Off switch, but neither button is labelled, according to online reviews.
Third, this is a unit that can only be used indoors.
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!