If you’ve ever attended a festival, you’ve probably seen plenty of better-prepared festivalgoers dragging all of their belongings on festival trolleys.
What kind of festival trolley do I need?
If you’re not hauling much, or if you know you’ll be able to park close to your tent, a heavy-duty trolley may not be necessary.
A two-wheeled or fabric-lined trolley could save you money, but I wouldn’t advocate anything other than a metal trolley for hauling heavy things or travelling long distances. They won’t suffice for Glastonbury, where you could be standing in line for hours and walking a couple of kilometres to get to your car. At larger festivals, you’ll want to bring everything in and out in as few trips as possible, so opt for a full metal trolley.
Glastonbury is one of the few festivals that allows you to bring your own alcohol everywhere you attend due to the lack of a central venue. As a result, you’ll need a lot more cans than at other events where you’re required to buy drinks from the arena’s bars.
The Best Festival Trolleys To Buy In 2022
Umi by Amazon Metal Utility Cart
- Heavy Duty - This product has a 182kg/400lbs load capacity. With the removable strong steel mesh sides, one can carry large size object with ease
- Convenience - The foldable frame design allows one to assemble and disassemble the cart easily
- Durability - This product comes with durable 25.4cm/10-inches diameter rubber wheels to absorb shock and ensure smooth transporting
- Strong Construction - This wagon/utility cart is made of heavy duty gauge steel that is heat treated and powder coated to prevent rusting
- Best Application - The heavy duty capacity and 25.4cm/10-inch diameter pneumatic tires make it great for a wide-range of uses from lawn and garden to household projects and much more
With a full steel frame, ‘off-road’ wheels, and pneumatic tyres, this is perhaps the ideal form of festival cart for the majority of situations. It also boasts completely rotating front steering, allowing you to make extremely tight turns with the help of the padded handle. It will not tip over if you make them carefully.
While it’s marketed as “all-terrain,” take in mind that the maximum load rating isn’t predicated on travelling for miles through tough festival terrain. The maker advertises it as “built to overcome all surfaces,” but they mean hauling compost around a large back garden, not beer for kilometres over a festival.
Try not to fill the container to the brim with beer all at once! Stick to one layer of beer crates, then put everything on top like tents and tie everything together. Take a few relaxing drives in the automobile rather than a long one.
This is our top pick, and we’ll be using it at Glastonbury later this year. They’ll last summer after summer of festivals without a flat tyre, but they’re sold with a warranty in case something goes wrong.
SuperHandy Metal Utility Wagon
- HEAVY DUTY - This product has a 400-lbs load capacity. With the removable strong steel mesh sides, one can carry large size object with ease
- CONVENIENCE - The foldable frame design allows one to assemble and disassemble the cart easily
- DURABILITY - This product comes with durable 10-inches diameter rubber wheels to absorb shock and ensure smooth transporting
- STRONG CONSTRUCTION - This wagon/utility cart is made of heavy duty gauge steel that is heat treated and powder coated to prevent rusting
- BEST APPLICATION - The heavy duty-capacity and 10-inch diameter pneumatic tires make it great for a wide-range of uses from lawn and garden to household projects and much more
Here’s an orange counterpart of the blue trolley above, with nearly identical features and specifications. The maximum load is 182KG (400lbs) (but remember, this is for short trips across a level garden; don’t load it up like this for a festival!)
It features fully rotating front steering and pneumatic rubber tyres, as well as the same full-metal, foldable design as our top selection. The only significant difference is the brand and colour, so don’t worry if there’s only one of them in stock at the moment. They’re both excellent choices that will last for years if you take care of them and don’t overload them.
KCT Extra Large Metal Trolley
- Extra Large Heavy Duty Trailer
- Panels can be Dropped to Accommodate Larger and Bulky Items
- Quick Release Locking Pins on Side Panels
- Can be Used to Move and Transport Plants and Tools
- Easy to Load and Unload. Robust Steel Mesh Frame. Front Wheel Steering with Easy Grip Handle. Strong Rubber Wheels to Tackle All Terrains
This KCT variant has side panels that are twice the height of the two trolleys above. It’s still all metal, and the front steering is fully rotational.
The higher side panels mean you can pile more stuff in without resorting to bungee cords or tape if you’re carrying a lot of stuff that isn’t too heavy (ie pretty much anything other than drinks) – however, don’t get tempted to fill it up to the brim and keep the heavy stuff on the bottom – otherwise, it’ll become ‘top-heavy’ and more likely to tip over on a sharp corner or on a bumpy part of
The higher trolley’s maximum load is slightly less than the trolleys above, at 350kg rather than 400kg, to keep it manoeuvrable without toppling – though, as we always advise, don’t get anywhere near the maximum ratings when you’ve got half a mile of festival fields to cross. You’re ready to go with a few crates of beer on the bottom, camping gear in the centre, and sleeping bags and pillows on top.
Amazon Basics Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
- Capacity: Garden utility wagon with 120kg (265lbs) max static load capacity. Internal vol: 115L, 80 x 45 x 32cm approx.
- Portable & Space Saving: Folding trolley fits into included carry bag. With robust plastic handle for easy maneuvering
- Steel Construction: With extendable steel tube frame & sturdy plastic handle for comfortable & easy maneuvering
- Height Adjustable: Trolley on wheels is height adjustable from 93 cm to 118 cm. Keeps tools conveniently accessible
- Multi-Purpose: Ideal festival trolley, or for family outings, or to transport groceries, drinks, supplies, or shopping
These folding trolleys are a popular pick for festival trolleys because of their lower price and ease of storage in the car.
During the summer, this sort of trolley is frequently sold as an Aldi/Lidl festival trolley special, which explains its popularity. It’s pretty much the only time you’ll find any kind of festival trolley for sale in a supermarket.
Because of the lower maximum capacity, little over 115 KG, a fully metal trolley may be a preferable long-term investment, but the folding kind would enough for most festival excursions — just don’t overload it with cans.
The fact that you can fold these carts down to nothing could be a huge benefit if you have a small car that is already filled.
These trolleys aren’t designed for thick mud because of their smaller, robust wheels. We had a dry summer last year, so they would have been OK at most festivals, but we’ve had some muddy festivals in the past.
Life Carver Foldable Pull Wagon
- LARGE CAPACITY – Sets up in Seconds, No Assembly Required! Outside Dimensions Approx: (LxWxH) 90 x 50 x 100CM Inside Dimensions Approx: (LxWxH): 80 x 44 x 25 CM.
- CONVENIENT COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon folds to only 8" Thick! Folded size approx : 75 x 50 x 20
- LIGHTEN THE LOAD! The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 KG, and the Durable Oxford cloth Fabric can be easily cleaned.
- FUNCTIONAL FEATURES include an Adjustable Handle for effortless transport and 2 Mesh Cup Holders keep your beverages secure. It is UV and mildew resistant
- EASY TRANSPORT - Perfect for hauling gear to Outdoor Sporting Events, Concerts, Trips to the Park or Beach and great for use around the house.
With the help of this pull wagon, you may relieve the strain on your shoulders and hands by carrying up to 150 kg of large objects. It’s made of oxford cloth fabric, which doesn’t rip easily and can be washed quickly, so don’t worry about it succumbing to the weight. It only has an 8-inch thickness when folded, making it small enough to slide in between your items at the back of your cart. It is almost completely self-contained. It’s all set to go for your camping needs.
This camping waggon trolley is reasonably priced. It’s not overly pricey, but it’s well-crafted and constructed of materials that will endure a long time. The fabric material is also mildew resistant and does not fade readily.
It doesn’t need to be put together. It’s ready to use straight away.
When folded, it’s beautiful and compact. When you store it in the back of your car, it doesn’t feel as hefty.
This trolley has adjustable handles, allowing you to transfer whatever you need with ease.
Two mesh cup holders are included, which are ideal for keeping your beverages in place.
It trudges across a variety of terrains with ease.
This cart is also suitable for children and pets.
BEAU JARDIN Folding Wagon Garden Cart Foldable Push Trolleys Collapsible Utility 100KG Max load
- Large capacity: large load Folding wagon cart outside dimensions approx.: 39. 37"Lx21. 65"Wx25. 98"H. The collapsible utility Wagon cart inside size is 31"lx17. 7"Wx10. 6"H. Ground to the top of the handle: 38. 6". Two cups are not included.
- Weight capacity: The wheel of the canvas wagon is 4" Wide and 7"in diameter, the utility Wagon collapsible heavy duty frame. The spacing of the wheels can be Adjusted randomly to suit different Road surfaces. The folding wagons cart fabric material 600D polyester, and it is removable for easy hand or hose washing, camping beach Wagon cart frame material steel, The beach outdoor utility Wagon cart sturdy black Steel frame is more stable.
- 360 degrees beach wheels and adjustable handle: the folding wagon come with heavy duty 7"x 4"Thick wheels - rotates 360, the spacing of the wagon cart wheels can be Adjusted randomly to suit different Road surfaces. Telescoping handle provides an easy control on most terrains, camping Wagon cart handle can be Adjusted Height and adapted to the different height person push the cart.
- Easy transport: sets up in seconds, no assembly required! Folding into the carry bag for convenient storage. Small enough to fit in closet, on the wall or in the trunk of any standard car. Folding utility Wagon cart is perfect for transporting shopping, on family outings or as a goods Trolley, and great for trips to the beach sand, garden, park, camping, outdoor sporting events, or just move things.
- CUSTOMER CARE: We are dedicated to provide premium products for you and offer impeccable customer care to you. Don’t wait any longer and just enjoy your ideal products today!
This is a wonderful trolley to acquire if you don’t need a large waggon but yet require a large capacity for your camping needs. It has a 100 kilogramme capacity, so you’ll be able to store all of your camping essentials without a problem. The front wheels of this trolley include a 360-degree turning capability, which makes it ideal for camping. You don’t have to pick up and turn your cart to change its direction. This camping trolley will travel well even on unpaved routes. It won’t be difficult for you to move it along.
The materials used to construct this trolley are long-lasting. The material is resistant to abrasion, wear, and tear. It’s also water-resistant.
Despite its durability, it is very light. When folded, the dimensions are 75 x 52 x 21 cm. Taking it with you on your trips shouldn’t be that difficult.
The pull handles are padded for added comfort. You don’t have to be concerned about your hands tiring from all the pulling.
The 360-degree rotating wheels are simple to operate. You may simply change directions without having to stop and pick up the waggon.
Guide to the buying the best festival trolley
Any festival trolley, garden carts, camping trolley, or beach trolley must be easy to travel, powerful enough to handle the rough terrain, and have a large basket to store items.
You should also think about whether it comes with any accessories, such as a variety of high-quality trolleys. Multiple handles, individual brakes, storage pockets, and canopys are among them.
These carts are quite huge when fully assembled, thus they must be totally foldable in order to be moved. I make sure that each one we suggest is easy to fold and that the materials are durable enough to be unfolded repeatedly without buckling.
The strength of these folding trolleys is due in part to selecting the appropriate model for the task at hand. For sand, a beach cart requires large wheels. A garden trolley, on the other hand, should have a sturdy metal basket and huge rubber wheels to deal with dirt, as well as a tipper function.
Will you be able to get away with a little upright folding festival trolley, or will you require a big sturdy festival trolley for Glastonbury? Choose a folding trolley with a canopy, extra storage, brakes, and the dual handle function for ease if you’re using it for the kids and everyday use!
In conclusion, the easiest approach to choose the proper folding trolley is to understand what the waggons are used for and then select the design you require.
Create high-quality products.
The quality of the construction might vary as much as the pricing, and the most expensive does not always imply the best quality.
Look at the metal used in the construction as well as the fabric or materials used to make the basket/carrier when evaluating build quality. Make sure the wheels, bearings, and brakes are capable of supporting the weight capacity claimed by the manufacturer.
If you’re looking for a portable festival or beach trolley, go for an aluminium frame, which weighs roughly 10kg empty. You may also get folding carts made of steel or even iron; read reviews and weigh each one to see which one best suits your needs.
If you’re looking for a garden cart, seek for one with a robust steel frame and large rubber wheels that weigh more than 25kg unloaded.
These interior baskets get nasty quickly and can stink if they aren’t cleaned after a trip out, so ensure sure the folding trolley’s inner fabric is washable and waterproof. You’ll also want it to have an easy-to-remove inside and be rip-resistant so that the trolley lasts a long time.
Many of these folding carts, particularly the garden trolleys, claim to be capable of carrying up to 600kg! When tested, however, the waggons’ wheels literally come off! As a result, ensure sure the wheels are of good quality and appropriate for the truck’s purpose.
As I previously stated, a beach cart should have large, thick, rubber-covered wheels. Garden trolleys and camping trucks should have larger rubber wheels, similar to a wheelbarrow, because they are likely to be in the mud. Any festival trolley or cart with hard plastic wheels that appear flimsy should be avoided… I’ve discovered that if you buy cheap, you should buy double!
Finally, if you’re choosing a foldable trolley for kids with a canopy, make sure it’s made of sun-resistant material with a factor of 50. It’s pointless to have a canopy if it doesn’t provide any protection or true shade.
Capacity for weight
Buying a festival trolley for your beer run that can hold 200kg sounds like a great idea, but take it from me: what’s stated vs. reality might differ considerably. It’s not fun to end up a mile from your Glastonbury tent with a busted van full of 200 beers!
If it states it can carry 200kg, my best recommendation is to reduce that by a quarter…why? Consider this: the Glastonbury festival trolley we used was a garden cart with a capacity of 200kg. It was designed to transport 200 kilogrammes of muck a short distance in a garden, not 200 beers and a tent 2 miles from the carpark. Reduce the weight capacity if you’re not intending to use it according to the instructions!
If you’re bringing youngsters, make sure to choose a trolly built for hauling little children, such as the WOLTU Beach & Festival Camping Trolley. All excellent quality kids folding trolleys have canopies, so that’s the easiest method to figure it out.
Durability goes back to what I said at the beginning of my study and guide to the best festival trolleys. You must purchase the appropriate trolley or waggon for the purpose you intend to use it for.
You can’t buy a garden cart and expect it to go long distances full of beer, as I discovered to my cost with my Glastonbury festival trolley. So shop around for the best trolley for the work or the distance you need to travel. When purchasing a festival trolley, foldable camping trolley, or beach waggon, ask yourself the following questions:
What is the maximum weight I need it to carry?
What is the purpose of this terrain?
In any particular route, how far do I need it to travel?
What/who will I bring with me?
Is it necessary for me to have twin handles, locking steering, a canopy, or any other extras?
Then purchase the appropriate foldable truck or festival waggon. You will have years of fantastic use if you purchase the correct high-quality torlley for the job.
In these cases, I honestly believe you get what you pay for, but you must be completely clear about what or where you will be utilising the foldable trolley in order to spend your money properly.
We acquired a high-end, steel-based GArden truck, but it broke on its first big job because it wasn’t built to transport 200kg over 2 kilometres. We could have saved money by purchasing two heavy duty festival trolleys, each capable of carrying a half load!
So, if you want to get the best value for your money, think about how you’ll utilise it and buy accordingly. And once you’ve narrowed it down to a few models, read the reviews to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth!
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!