Looking to buy the best Home Coffee Roaster? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
If you claim to enjoy coffee more than the average person, you should invest in a home coffee roasting.
Having a home roaster will be just up your alley if you appreciate freshly roasted coffee.
What are the requirements for roasting coffee at home?
What’s the Point of Roasting Coffee at Home?
I did what many people do when they first start roasting coffee at home.
I went to a thrift store and got a £2 secondhand popcorn maker, as well as cheap green coffee beans.
I immediately discovered that roasting superb coffee required more than simply turning green coffee brown.
There are plenty other factors to consider.
Why would anyone want to go to the hassle of roasting their own coffee at home if this is the case?
Not only will you learn more about coffee as a resu
lt of this method, but you will also be able to roast coffee to your exact specifications.
You get to make your own mixes and always have the freshest coffee available.
You can start your coffee roasting trip with a popcorn machine, but I wouldn’t encourage it.
If you’re a true coffee connoisseur looking to advance your home barista profession, you’ll need the right equipment to roast your own beans.
How to Pick a Good Coffee Roaster
We have a few pointers for you before you go out and buy the first roaster you see.
This is a crucial piece of coffee equipment, so read it carefully.
Have you considered investing in a popcorn maker?
A popcorn popper’s sole purpose is to force hot air through a clump of small kernels.
Although this is the core of coffee roasting, it falls short of our expectations.
It’s very possible for a popcorn maker to over-roast some beans while under-roasting others, resulting in a batch of coffee that’s very variable.
A cup of coffee made with unevenly roasted beans isn’t very good.
This is due to the weak air pressure pushing through the beans, resulting in minimal movement in the chamber.
You can only roast a tiny amount at a time because of this.
Professional roasters rotate the beans on a regular basis to ensure an even roast.
It will roast reasonably well, but don’t anticipate spectacular results.
It can, however, be a terrific way to get into the realm of roasting without putting too much money into it.
Coffee Roasters of Various Types
We’ll be looking at two different types of roasters today:
Air roasters, which are similar to popcorn makers in concept, use direct heat to heat the beans (convection).
Hot air is forced into the roasting chamber, directly hitting all of the beans.
Drum roasters, where the beans are roasted in drum roasters using indirect heat (conduction).
A rotating circular chamber is located inside the machine.
The outside of the metal chamber is heated, and the beans are roasted as they come into contact with it.
You’ll get the perfect coffee roast if you choose the appropriate roaster
It’s All About the Size
The capacity of different roasters varies.
Air roasters can often only roast small quantities, but drum roasters have larger roasting chambers for larger batches.
You might use a smaller air roaster if you only wish to roast a few small batches of different coffees each week.
If you want to roast a large batch and be ready for the week, a drum roaster might be the way to go.
What Level of Control Do You Desire?
What kind of roaster are you?
Do you want to flip a switch and walk away, or do you want to modify every aspect for a truly unique roast?
In general, more expensive roasters provide more control.
Even at the low end, you’ll be able to modify the time and temperature.
Roasters with programmability, which allow you to generate and preserve roast profiles for better consistency, become available as you progress up the price scale.
Once the profiles are established, you can simply turn on the roaster, select a profile, and it will follow the settings and finish the roast without any further input.
It’s Almost As Important To Cool As It Is To Heat
It’s critical for the beans to cool down rapidly once they’ve reached the correct roast degree.
If you don’t cool the beans down, the heat in the chamber will cause them to continue to roast.
As a result, each roaster should have a cooling option.
After roasting, cool air will simply blow through the roasting chamber on most accessible roasters.
Keeping the Place Clean
Coffee roasters use a chaff collection technique that makes cleanup as simple as a Sunday stroll through the park.
Some roasters even have a smoke-suppression mechanism built in.
Although it is difficult to completely eliminate smoke, these systems will allow you to roast securely indoors.
Remember that even if you use a smoke-reduction device, roasting darker coffee produces a lot of smoke.
- Multi-functional - The home coffee roaster is perfect for beginners. Easy to use and clean, just select the required temperature for different roasting requirements, the thermostatically controlled roasting element can ensure that the roasted coffee beans are uniform and reach the required roasting level. The affordable home coffee roasters can also be used to roast a variety of beans such as peanuts, popcorn, raw melon seeds, etc.
- Large Capacity - LEONEBEBE coffee roasting machine holds a whopping 750 grams (roughly 1.6 pounds) of your favorite coffee beans. Durability and value for money, suggesting that it's a sound long-term investment for coffee lovers who want to craft their favorite caffeinated drink from step one.
- Adjustable Temperature with Timer - This roaster is also extremely user friendly. The inside is lined with non-stick material for easy cleaning, and it's simple to adjust the temperature thanks to a dial that goes from 0 to 240 degrees. 0-60 minutes timer function and professional thermostat automatic constant temperature heating. Flip the switch and in just 30 minutes you'll have rich, home-roasted coffee beans—or, as an extra perk, you can roast various nuts.
- No Stovetop Required - Appearance height is 6.5 inches, outer diameter is 12 inches, bottom diameter is 8.85 inches, rated voltage is 220V, heating power is 1200W. Heat resistant plastic body, with safe handle design. Compact size, you can freely roast coffee beans in the kitchen, garden terrace, cafe shop.
- No Smoke Roasting - The automatic coffee roaster builds with a rotating rod inside, which can stir evenly and roast the coffee beans at a constant temperature. The transparent lid with 4 ventilation holes allows you to see the roasting color, smell the aroma, and evaluate the coffee roasting process.
- Nespresso Compatible
- 100% Arabica Craft Coffee
- 100% Compostable / Recyclable
- Material: Body- Ceramic, Grip-Genuine cowhide
- Eco Ceramic Roaster: 100% ceramic, Size: 243mm(Total length)x132mm(Diameter)x33mm(Inlet), Weight: 340g, Color: Brown, Capacity: 30~70g
- Waffle-shaped internal structure: equal roasting
- Can enjoy a popping sound due to the rear hole
- Content: 1xCeramic Handy Roaster, Made in Korea, Republic of
- INTEGRATED GRINDER: Includes an integrated Coffee burr grinder with 7 adjustable coarseness levels; the beans are ground instantly for fuller flavour and a fresher cup of Coffee
- MILK FROTHER: Be your own barista and prepare your idealy Cappuccino with the adjustable MILK FROTHER - warm-up milk or easily prepare a creamy and dense foam. Maximum cup height (mm): 105
- CUSTOMISE Coffee: Make all your Coffee shop favourite drinks with the Magnifica ESAM 4200; whether you like a strong espresso or long frothy cappuccino, this machine will deliver the ideal drink
- HOME COMFORT: Slim and elegant design of a coffee machine for barista-quality coffee at home, Dispensing level minimum/maximum: 80/110, Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- EASY TO CLEAN: Automatic cleaning with Descaling, cleaning and rinsing programs; the Tray and the Ground Container are dishwasher safe
- ESPRESSO ROAST COFFEE BEANS - As well as being suited to the V60, Aeropress and Cafetieres, this versatile coffee will also deliver fantastic results for those automatic machines in the office
- SLOW ROASTED FOR ESPRESSO - Roasted slowly in our traditional coffee drum roaster, we take all the traditional methods, add a bit of Rounton Coffee Innovation, resulting in a truly fantastic coffee experience time and time again.
- KICK START YOUR DAY: Revive Blend is our Great Taste Award-Winning speciality coffee that delivers on strength without compromising on flavour. This blend was designed with espresso in mind but, can be enjoyed with all types of coffee maker.
- SAVOUR THE AROMA: Open a 1kg bag of our fresh roasted coffee and take in the rich aroma of 100% speciality arabica coffee beans. Revive Blend is roasted medium-dark. A freshly opened bag fills the air with aromas that remind us of dark chocolate and caramel. The aroma becomes more intense when the whole beans are ground. We roast three times a week, in small batches which, means our beans arrive with you whilst still at their very best.
- ENJOY THE RICH, SMOOTH TASTE: The crema on the espresso is the colour of dark caramel and quite luscious. Expect a silky smooth, full bodied espresso, with a little sweetness on the finish. But also very punchy and it does the job if you consider yourself the sort of person who needs a strong coffee to start the day. The flavours remind us of dark chocolate, toffee and brown sugar.
- FEEL GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF: When you buy coffee from Bean Smitten, you are dealing with a company that is fully aware of it’s social and environmental responsibilities. We source coffee in an ethical and sustainable way, paying a premium price for speciality coffee backed up by technological and educational support from our trading partners. We re-use and recycle our 1kg coffee beans packaging, re-purpose waste products and use zero-carbon hauliers wherever possible.
- RISK FREE PURCHASE: If for any reason you are unhappy with your Revive Blend Coffee Beans, we offer a 14-day money back guarantee.
- VALUE ✪ 50 Compatible self-protected capsules fully working with all Lavazza A Modo Mio machines - 1 stylish packet with 50 pods
- VARIETY ✪ CREMOSO coffee blend (60% ROBUSTA, 40% ARABICA).
- EMOTION ✪ CREMOSO: This blend is spicy and intense, with notes of toasted bread and a lingering aftertaste of cocoa
- QUALITY ✪ A rich and full-bodied tasting coffee roasted regularly in small batches for consistent freshness, flavour and aroma.
- LEGAL DISCLAIMER ✪ The use of trademarks and trade names owned by Luigi Lavazza S.p.A. on this web page does not imply any connection and/or affiliation (e.g. licensing and/or authorization) of Corso Italia LTD – and/or of any other entity related with the latter – with Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.
- The Sage Barista Express delivers third wave speciality coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavours are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavour and enables the creation of latte art
- Makes all coffee shop favourites, grinding your choice of fresh beans for a perfect taste. Makes up to two cups in a single brew
- Froth fresh milk with the manual milk frother to make frothy Cappuccinos, smooth Lattes, Flat Whites and more!
- Enjoy a variety of drink recipes at the touch of a button: choose among Espresso, Espresso lungo, Coffee and LONG COFFEE.
- 4-recipe touch control panel: Intuitive control panel with backlit touch buttons to select and personalise your drink
- Brews a range of coffee sizes; Large Cup to Espresso
- Simple one touch brewing system
- Barista style coffee with a rich crema
- Fast heat up time of up to 40 seconds
- Barcode technology that adjusts brewing settings
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!