Looking to buy the best soup maker? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
Everyone enjoys a good bowl of soup, and whether you want it chunky or smooth, the best soup maker can whip up a delicious soup in no time.
If you’re tired of standing over a pot for hours on end, our recommended soup makers will transform your cooking experience and produce some of the greatest soup you’ve ever eaten.
Soup makers take the work out of cooking by allowing you to simply place your items in the jug, sauté if necessary, add liquid, and let the soup maker do the rest.
Furthermore, if you avoid creamy mixes, a soup maker is a dieter’s dream — you truly couldn’t wish for a faster or better way to achieve your five-a-day.
If that seems like just what you’ve been seeking for, double-check that your soup maker has earned its spot on the counter.
The best soup makers should be easy to clean and operate, so you don’t have to pore over an instruction manual every time you want to create chowder.
Are you unsure what to keep an eye out for?
In our guide below, you’ll find a list of all the main elements to look for.
How do you pick the right soup cooker for you?
What is the difference between a blender and a soup maker?
Soup makers, which resemble blenders in some cases and kettles in others, include a heating element that allows them to cook soup in 20 to 30 minutes.
These soup makers are not like blenders like the NutriBullet Rx or Vitamix, which use the friction of the rotating blades to heat the soup while blending.
If you choose the latter option, keep in mind that certain components that require more prolonged heating/cooking, such as onion, must be avoided otherwise the soup’s flavour will be overpowered.
Most vegetables, cooked meat, and yoghurt are ideal examples of items you’d be pleased to consume raw or lightly cooked in a blade-friction soup maker.
Alternatively, you can pre-saute the ingredients in a pan.
Soup makers with a heating element may also allow y
ou to sauté food before adding the rest of your ingredients, such as onions or meat.
After that, you can set the time and temperature (or utilise a preset schedule) and go about your business.
Some recipes call for the meat to be cooked ahead of time, so there may be some prep work needed.
The soup maker will combine it to the desired consistency during or after cooking.
Because blending hot liquids produces steam, which can be dangerous, the capacity of the soup-making machine is lower than that of blending cold liquids.
For this reason, your soup maker should feature a vented cover or one that locks into place.
What should my budget be?
Consider how much you’d spend on a blender and then add a little more.
The most basic soup makers cost roughly £40, but more feature-packed ones cost up to £140.
What kind of capacity am I looking for?
A litre of soup serves about three people, so a soup maker that can accommodate more than that should be able to prepare a decent batch.
If you’re making a large batch of soup, go for 1.4 litres or more.
What other characteristics should I be on the lookout for?
Although the number of features varies according to pricing, a few key ones can help you get the most out of your system.
Preset programmes are great for taking the guesswork out of recipes, and a sauté mode that allows for frying at the beginning of the cooking process makes for a more flavorful soup.
Blending choices let you to choose your preferred consistency, and seek for an appliance with a “stay warm” function for added convenience.
Soup makers with pause buttons that allow you to add ingredients and stir features that prevent components from overcooking are available for more control.
Look for soup makers that are simple to clean if you want a fuss-free meal.
Most require hand washing or a special cleaning routine, but a non-stick base and a glass jug instead of plastic will make things easier.
- 1L capacity, perfect for 3 starter portions or 2 large portions
- 4 different settings - smooth and chunky soup, drinks & manual blend
- Innovative top down blade makes it quick and easy to clean.
- Compact design for easy storage
- Motorised blending blade in lid
- Easy-clean design
- Operating controls in lid. Functions: 4
- 1.6 L capacity
- Stainless steel body
- Create different soup texture combinations
- Also, creates compote and blends without heat
- Large easy to use display
- Automatic programs manual mode
- Comes with a manual and with a 1 year warranty
- Makes fresh, homemade, healthy and nutritious soup in as little as 21 minutes
- Serrator blade for quick, even slicing and cutting of ingredients, stays sharper 12 times longer than standard blades
- Four settings smooth soup in 21 minutes, chunky soup in 28 minutes, juice in 2 minutes and a blend function
- KEEP WARM FUNCTION so your soup is ready when you are
- CLEAN MODE for easy maintenance
- Create delicious, fresh homemade soup in minutes
- Blend hot and cold creations – chunky and smooth soups, sauces, jams, smoothies, sorbets and more
- Chop, Sauté, Blend and Cook – Built-in heating element quickly cooks ingredients directly in the jug
- No guesswork – 10 Auto-iQ programmes do the hard work for you
- 1000W motor base, 1.7L heat-resistant glass jug, tamper, cleaning brush and Recipe Guide
- ROBUST MATERIAL- this stylish 1. 6L capacity soup maker is made from durable and robust stainless steel - Ideal for any home kitchen.
- VARIETY OF SETTINGS - this soup maker can blend to perfection every time - you can choose to make either smooth or chunky soup, or even try making a smoothie in it.
- INDICATOR LIGHT- this soup maker has an inbuilt indicator light so that you can easily see what the status is on the control panel of your soup maker.
- DRY BURNING PREVENTION - the intelligent System built into this soup maker prevents dry burning, which both preserves it and makes usage safe.
- OVERFILL SENSORS - we made this soup maker with convenience in mind - with overfull and overspill sensors, you won't have to worry about mess when you use this soup maker.
- 1.6 LITRE CAPACITY: Blend up to 6 portions of tasty soups and smoothies for all the family to enjoy
- PERFECT SOUPS: For added convenience, you can both blend and heat your ingredients to make meal times that much easier
- SOUPS & SMOOTHIES: Effortlessly mix up chunky or smooth soup, or nutritious smoothies packed full of flavour and vital vitamins for a daily dose of sunshine
- HIGHLY DURABLE: Features a premium stainless steel jug and blade for added durability -increasing the lifespan and maintaining maximum performance
- EASY CLEANING: Simply add warm water and detergent after cooking, and then run the cycle to rinse water all around the jug to remove any leftover food residue
- Makes fresh, homemade, healthy and nutritious soup in as little as 21 minutes
- 4 settings - smooth, chunky, juice and blend, ensuring texture is to personal tast
- Saute function - simply add onions, bacon, garlic, ginger or spices into the jug for maximum flavour before adding the vegetables and stock
- Pause function - add seasoning during the cooking cycle by removing the lid, the cooking cycle will then continue once replaced
- 1.6 litres working capacity for serving up to 4 people
- Smith, Sophia (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 156 Pages - 03/16/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Finish: Plastic, Stainless steel. Power: 1100W. Capacity: 1. 6 L. Automatic programs of cream soup, traditional soup, 50/50 soup.
- Lcd display: Yes. Features: 3 types of soups, frying, blending, juices. Features additional portioning (from 2 to 4 servings).
- Maintaining the temperature. Easy cleaning function. Removable container. Cool handles. Regulations.
- Note : Only use to blend chunky or medium soup or other cooked soft ingredients
- Note : Press and hold the Start/Stop Button for the desired blend time. This is a manual setting allowing you to blend for up to 20seconds, and will stop automatically when you take your finger off the button. If you need to blend for a few more seconds, please repeat
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!