What is a stunt scooter?
A stunt scooter is a scooter that is specifically designed for performing tricks and stunts. T-shape handlebars are fixed in place, the wheels are small, and the materials used in its construction are both strong and lightweight.
All of these features contribute to the stunt scooter’s ability to perform the tricks and stunts for which it was created.
Using small wheels in tight spaces, such as skateparks, allows you to accelerate quickly for short periods of time. It’s possible that a scooter with larger wheels will provide you with more speed. It is likely that stunt scooters will have metal core wheels, which will be more durable than plastic wheels in the face of trickery.
Because the handlebars are fixed in height, there is no sag or weakness through the bars. This fix, as well as the durable, lightweight materials, contribute to the scooter’s ability to perform tricks and jumps without breaking down.
Stunt scooter vs regular scooter – differences
Shortly put, a stunt scooter is built to be strong and capable of handling landings, tricks, and short accelerations without tearing up the pavement. With adjustable handlebars that also fold, large wheels, and a wider or longer deck, a regular scooter is more for comfort and speed than anything else.
Stunt Scooters Buyer’s Guide
Stunt scooters are similar to regular scooters, with the exception that they do not fold and do not have any adjustments. Tricks and stunts are specifically designed for them, as is their appearance. When compared to regular scooters, stunt scooters have greater impact resistance and provide a more stable ride. Aside from that, they have slightly different dimensions, which makes it easier to pull off stunts with them.
This guide will assist you in understanding the components of a stunt scooter and the significance of each component, as well as the factors to consider when shopping for a stunt scooter. It is important to note that being familiar with stunt scooter jargon is another important aspect of purchasing one, as the process can otherwise become a complete minefield.
Stunt Scooter Parts
From the deck all the way to your hands, this is the frame that you’ll be dealing with. It’s primarily composed of the upright tube and handlebars (the portion of the scooter that you use to steer it), which are arranged in a T or Y configuration. It could be made up of one or two pieces, and it could be straight or angled. Extendable bars are available on some models, which is useful because it allows the scooter to grow with your child. However, this is not ideal for a stunt scooter because it reduces the strength and stability.
These grips, which can be made of rubber, foam, or even metal, are placed where you will be holding the scooter. They are easily removable and can be replaced if they become damaged or worn out over time. Simple sliding onto the ends of each handlebar and locking into place by the bar ends is all that is required.
This tube is where the forks are located, and it is also where the bar extends down to. It also serves as a link between the bar and the deck.
This portion of the bike is located above and below the head tube and is intended to hold the forks in place. It is equipped with bearings, which allow the forks to rotate within the unit when in use.
This is used to secure the bar in place by means of the head tube.. Clamps are available in a variety of styles, ranging from single clamps to quadruple clamps, depending on the number of bolts used to secure the clamp in place. In theory, the greater the number of bolts, the stronger the joint.
This is the base of the scooter, and it is from here that you will ride it. The shape and width of the deck differ from one scooter to the next. The best stunt scooter should have a concave deck because it makes it easier to control stunts and tricks while riding.
This grip on the deck is essentially what allows your feet to grip the surface and prevents users from slipping off while performing tricks on the skateboard.
These protrude from the front wheels and the axle that holds the wheels in place, extending down on either side of the wheels.
They can be found within the wheels as well as within the headset. Each wheel is equipped with two sets of bearings, and high-quality bearings are an absolute necessity.
Without the wheels, there is no such thing as a scooter. Every scooter is equipped with two wheels, which are either metal or plastic on one side and rubber or polyurethane (PU) on the other.
These extend through the wheels and are held in place by forks, which are equipped with a bearing on each side.
A user’s foot operates the scooter brakes, which are fixed to the rear of the vehicle. The spring mechanism in some brakes is used, while the flex braking system in others is utilised.
Things to consider when buying a stunt scooter
The majority of stunt scooters are appropriate for children and adults aged 8 and up. However, you must first determine whether you are purchasing for a stunt expert or a street cruiser in order to make an informed decision.
It is recommended that you get your child an excellent stunt scooter if he or she wants to become a stunt expert and perform the craziest tricks in the park. It must be of the highest quality and constructed of durable materials in order to provide long-lasting performance when landing on hard surfaces. The use of aluminium cores in wheels will be advantageous because they will effectively absorb the shock.
Those who simply want to cruise the streets will be better served by a kick scooter that is designed for smooth rides and long-lasting performance. Despite the fact that they are not intended for tricking, you can still bunny hop and gain confidence before upgrading to a stunt scooter or motorcycle.
Nonetheless, when purchasing a stunt scooter, keep an eye out for the following features:
Scooters are available in a variety of sizes, just as we all are. As a result, the scooter you are considering purchasing must be capable of supporting the weight of the intended user. A scooter that is too large for a child is another thing you should avoid buying. In fact, if you are concerned that your child will outgrow a smaller scooter relatively quickly, you should avoid purchasing the more expensive models until they are older and can make the most of their new scooter.
Stunt scooters should be as light as possible in order to make the moves more dynamic. An overly heavy scooter will cause you to slow down and make it difficult to perform tricks, completely defeating the purpose of using a stunt scooter in the first place.
Most scooters are made of aluminium because it is both lightweight and durable, making it an excellent choice for weight-conscious consumers. Steel is another good option, but it is also the most expensive. However, not all metals are made with the same quality in mind. A higher grade of aluminium, such as 6061-T6, results in improved durability as well as a lighter and stronger scooter.
The diameter of the wheels
The standard wheel size is 100mm in diameter, but some high-end scooters have wheels with a diameter of 110mm. Larger wheels are typically found on scooters for younger children, which allows them to be more controlled. Pay close attention to the wheel design as well, as some are more efficient than others. Another consideration is the availability of long-lasting wheels, as you will be putting a great deal of strain on them.
Height of the bar
Every stunt scooter has its bar height listed somewhere on the product’s specifications box or in the product description if you’re looking at the product online. Shorter bars are required for younger children. From 19 to 23 inches in height, children are considered to be normal height. If, after purchasing a scooter, you discover that the height is too long and inappropriate for your child, it is always possible to have it professionally shortened. The ideal bar height for a child should be around the height of his or her hips. Because the rider must maintain complete control of the stunt scooter while performing tricks, the appropriate bar height is simply safe for them.
When it comes to product quality, price is often regarded as the most important factor to consider. However, price should not be the only consideration. Expensive does not always imply higher quality, as you may find yourself purchasing only a brand name in some cases. You should carefully compare product features with the price of the product before making your decision on which stunt scooter to buy from a plethora of options.
Thanks to our extensive research on your behalf, we are able to present our findings on the best stunt scooters in this section of our website. Each product on this page has advantages and disadvantages, and we recommend them based on these considerations.
The Best Stunt Scooters To Buy
- EASY PROGRESSION - Albott stunt scooter is designed for street or stunt park skating. Suitable for beginner to help them develop skills in order to advance to pro level. Perfect for riders age 8+. Max loading weight: 100kg. Available in 2 colors, black & gold.
- UPGRADED SPECS - 110mm 88A Cast PU & 6061-T6 Aluminum Core Wheels with ABEC-9 High-speed Chrome Bearing ensure smooth riding experience. The Widened 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum Box-shape Deck (505mm x 113mm) offers wider space to keep balance and safe to do stunts. The Manganese Steel Flex Fender Brake is durable and noise-free. High Tensile Steel Bars give greater strength.
- DURABLE & DIALED THREADLESS HEADSET - Hidden Internal Compression with Strong 3 Bolt Collar Clamp & Ultra Strong CNC Machined Threadless Steel Forks makes the stunt scooter sturdy and reliable.
- STUNT SCOOTER SIZE - 58.5cm high x 47.4cm length T-shape scooter handlebar with a 11.3cm wide x 51cm long deck. The height from the ground to the handlebar is 82.8cm. With only 3 bolts to tighten you can start riding in no time at all.
- COMPLETE STUNT SCOOTER FOR SKATEPARK - We offer 30-DAY REFUND and 2-YEAR WARRANTY for no worry. If you have any other concerns or questions in any regard after receiving the trick scooter, let us know and we will reply you within 12 hours with solutions.
- STUNT SCOOTER - These impressive Stunt Scooters are perfect for entry-intermediate level users and are now available in our exclusive Komodo design
- ABEC 7 - They have a flex fender style rear brake and a triple collar for securing the bar to the deck. The scooter is made from a reinforced aluminium with ABEC7 wheel bearing and nylon cored wheels measuring 100mm in size
- DRAGONSCALE DESIGN - The deck features a dragon scale design, with a small Komodo Dragon logo at the front of the footplate to support the Komodo design
- HEAVY DUTY - Reinforced deck measuring 10.2cm x 48.3cm (4" x 19") with 15mm extension for footjams
- AGES 6 AND UP - They are available in a range of colours, and are perfect for children, teenagers and young adults (min age 6 years, max weight 100kg) who are keen to get involved in the sport
- Complete Trick Scooter: Beleev stunt scooter is easy to handle and maneuver for entry level and beginner boys and girls. It’s a lightweight 8.8 lbs scooter equipped with 18.5 inch Wide V-bars. Moreover, simple assemble, just 1 minute to tighten 3 clamp bolts then can ride.
- Stable and Safe: 6063-T5 wear-resistance aluminum alloy 4.4 inch wide deck and solid 100mm aluminum core PU wheels. Weight load is 220 lbs. Come with reinforced T-6 iron fork, custom steel flex brake, aluminum triple anodized clamp makes the trick scooter more sturdy, will give rider a safe and comfortable riding experience.
- Smooth Riding: 88A high-elastic PU stunt scooter wheels provide the ideal grip and optimal rebound for precision tricks and controlled landings. High quality ABEC-9 bearings not only allow a smooth riding, but also they're incredibly quiet. Designed for the skate park as well as for street-riding.
- Tricks Ability: Set at 83 Degrees high tensile steel V-bars rotate 360° for awesome tailwhips and other tricks. With our smooth HIC compression system that has a threadless integrated headset and sealed bearings, absorbs the impact from your jumps and tricks. Well designed, superior components that will get the beginner ready for freestyle stunt riding.
- The Coolest Kid at Skatepark: Cool soft rubber grips, and vibrant colors stunt scooter are uniquely yours and stand out at the skatepark! With a great model like the Beleev Pro Scooter, younger riders who want to perfect their skills can have fun moments when using the scooter.
- Extreme stunt scooter with extra wide 10cm deck, heavy duty quad clamp and reinforced steel fork
- Full neochrome anodized paint job
- Full aluminium T-bar handlebar 49cm width and rubber comfort handlebar grips
- 100mm 85A PU wheels, ABEC 9 bearings for speed, and an aluminium Read Fender brake
- Max load 100kgs / Dimensions: 66cm x 49cm x 83cm
- 【Optimal Quality Material】- Our boys stunt scooter is made of scratch proof aluminum and iron material that provides comfortable grip on different surfaces and prevents hand irritation. Having ABEC 7 bearing with PU wheel material that ensures Y-Bar 360-degree spin
- 【Durable and Lightweight】- Storesol scooters for 8 to teenager used heat treated triple hollow clamp that is more durable and lightweight than normal steel material. In fact, our quality make you use and carry it wherever you want
- 【Easy to Assemble】- Our stunt scooter assembly is only done in 2 steps, piecing together the skateboard and stem. After that just tighten the four bolts with the keys. This can be easily folded and stored wherever you want
- 【Proper Smooth Ride】- This high-elastic premium pro stunt scooter wheels provide the ideal grip on surfaces and tricks for stunts. It provides the flexibility of breaks and strong hits during ride in skate park and street-riding
- 【Safe and Secure】- We provide a gripped base surface that is reinforced with slide plate that adds safety and strength while your enjoyment. The maximum load capacity is provided by Storesol equipment
- Showcase your skills on the street, on the school run and at the skatepark with the Rise 100 Pro KIDS FREESTYLE STUNT Scooter by MONGOOSE
- HEAVY-DUTY construction, LIGHTWEIGHT alloy hollow-box deck supports riders aged 8+, up to 99 kg max weight
- 100 mm HIGH-IMPACT wheels and durable ABEC-7 bearings provide smooth rolling
- Single-weld steel T-bar handlebar with BMX-style grips provide the ideal combination of DURABILITY and COMFORT crisp steering wherever you go
- Steel foot-plate brake provides SAFE stopping, Front and rear alloy pegs for PRO-STYLE park performance
- T-BAR 360 STUNT SCOOTER: has a stunning neo chrome finish and is suitable for skaters who want to progress from a beginner to an advanced rider
- DURABLE FULL ALUMINIUM DECK (500 x 108MM): is extra strong for long lasting use yet light enough to easily perform tricks
- HIGH SPEC DESIGN WITH 360 HANDLEBARS: is great for performing tricks and spinning the handlebars 360 degrees; features a T shaped steel handlebar with a weather resistant sealed threaded headset
- SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE RIDE: thanks to the PU HR Wheels (110 x 24mm) with high quality ABEC 7 bearings
- STEEL SAFETY FOOT BRAKE: keeps you in control at all times, letting you stop quickly and safely
- HANDLEBAR - 1 Piece Alloy T4 & T6 Heat Treated
- FORK - Heat Treated Guessetted Box Tube
- CLAMP - Heavy duty Tri clamp
- WHEELS - 100mm 88A PU Super High Rebound
- BEARINGS - ABEC 7
- STURDY & DURABLE - Made from superior aircraft-grade aluminum with welding technology, the stunt scooter can withstand day-to-day practicing. Maximum load: 100kg.
- SMOOTH & RELIABLE - The sensitive manganese steel rear brake provides reliable and safe stop when riding. 100mm high rebound PU wheels & ABEC-9 bearings give a smooth consistent ride for cruising and the flexibility to deal with heavy impacts when landing jumps and tricks.
- STUNT SCOOTER SIZE - 58cm high x 47cm length U-shape scooter handlebar with a 10.7cm wide x 50.8cm long deck. The height from the ground to the handlebar is 82cm. With only two bolts to tighten you can start riding in no time at all.
- BEST ENTRY LEVEL - Albott stunt scooter is designed for street, ramp work or skate park. Suitable for beginners age 7+ with little or no stunt scooter experience.
- IDEAL GIFT FOR KIDS - Our trick scooter would be your best choice to prepared birthday gift, Thanksgiving Day present or Christmas surprise gift for your kids. Buy now and enjoy our EFFICIENT PRO SERVICE. Offer 2 Years After-sale Service.
- ✅ BEST ENTRY LEVEL - #1 Most Affordable Yet Durable Designed Entry Level Stunt Scooter, for Beginner riders 8 years up boys girls with little or no stunt scooter experience
- ⚖️ ultraLIGHTWEIGHT YET ROBUST - weighing in at only 2.9 kg / 6.4 lbs the BOLDCUBE stunt scooter is 20% lighter than competing scooters on the market *within same price range. Making it easier to manoeuvre and learn new tricks. Coupled with the toughest 100m PU wheels (ABEC 7 bearings)
- 🔥 UPGRADED MICRO CRYSTALLISED GRIP DECK - we listened to your feedback and doubled our grip tape quality, high volume sand crystallisation on self adhesive material makes it the most scratch proof grip tape yet.
- 💪 QUAD BOLT COLLAR CLAMP - with an aluminum deck that can spin round fast, means you'll need a stronghold collar clamp to reinforce the handlebar and deck through tough wear and tear
- 🤘 RATTLE FREE FLEX BRAKE - No more old rattly brakes, the Flex Brake provides a smooth quiet ride even as it ages due to its spring free design. For braking with smooth precision (not unsafe sharpness!)
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!