Looking to buy the best Wallpaper Stripper? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for your needs.
When it comes to wallpaper remover, it’s important to consider the type of wall you’re working with, as well as other aspects. Factors like this limit the kind of wallpaper removal methods you can apply.
Because there are several ways for removing wallpaper, you must choose the one that is ideal for your walls. Regardless of the type of wallpaper you’re working on, you’ll need an appropriate tool to make your job easier. Let’s have a look at some of the aspects that could impact your buying decision.
Take a look at the type of wall you have.
There are two types of walls that you will most likely encounter. They’re basically drywall and plastered walls. The contrasts between the two types of walls are obvious. When tapped, the plaster is usually smoother and sounds more solid.
Drywall is a chalky substance that is frequently covered in cardboard. When tapping drywall, you should hear a hollow sound coming from the wall. Because drywall is the more sensitive and delicate of the two, avoid using abrasive treatments. You should also avoid letting a steamer sit on drywall for too long. It is more susceptible to water damage.
The stripping method that was used
As previously stated, there have been numerous contraptions developed over the years to cope with wallpaper removal. We can categorise them using one of two techniques. There are two types of methods: dry and wet. The method used to correlate with the kind of wallpaper in question is sometimes used to correlate with the method used to correlate with the type of wallpaper in question.
For large layers of strippable paper that can be easily removed, dry methods are best. Fine paper may necessitate even finer techniques. All you’ll need is a scraper and a knife for this.
Wet procedures can be used to remove wallpaper that is likely to fight back. To remove the wallpaper, wet methods can include using chemical solvents or water. Chemical solvents are not for everyone, and we actually advise against using them.
Steamers have become extremely popular as a result of this. You make perforations in the wallpaper so that steam can get through. You can do this with a wallpaper perforator/scorer, which can make thousands of holes in the wallpaper. When the paper is damp. Scrapping will be simple. Steam perforators can be quite beneficial to vinyl wallpapers. When using a steamer, the idea is to strip as the steam penetrates the wallpaper.
Consider the security and quality of the product.
Because steam strippers are one of the most popular models, you must think about safety. If not utilised properly, steam can be rather harmful. The steam plate and the stripper must have a secure connection. This is due to the fact that hot steam cannot simply shoot in any direction. This is dangerous for both the user and the person next to them in the room. To prevent the machine from overheating and causing a fire, a cut-out must be installed.
You must ensure that the material used to contain the water is capable of delivering rapid heat action. The hose must be long enough to allow you to reach all of those places. To avoid wearing down your hands, the stripper itself must be light.
At the end of the day, a hefty stripper will leave you with sore muscles. Everything, from the water holder to the remover, must be constructed of heat-resistant materials. You’re working with an ineffectual tool if you don’t have this.
Take a look at the capability and power.
Different units produce different amounts of power, which is commonly expressed in Watts. The output controls how quickly the machine heats the water. The faster steam is produced for use, the higher the wattage.
The amount of production is also affected by the tank’s size. Warming up a larger tank will almost certainly necessitate more watts. To make steam, a small unit does not require a lot of power. If you have a lot of wallpaper to remove, a unit with a larger tank will save you time because you won’t have to replace it as often.
More steam will be dispensed to a larger area with a wider stripper. This will quickly deplete your steam supply. To estimate the size of wallpaper stripper you can bear, simply look at the area and the wallpaper you’re using. Some wallpaper strippers come with two plates, one large and one little, to fit into tighter spaces where larger plates won’t fit.
What is the cost and what is the warranty?
Wallpaper sptriipers are a relatively low-cost tool. Unless you’re searching for commercial-sized units, which can cost over £400, you won’t have to spend a lot of money. Depending on the brand, you can obtain a nice device for less than 50 pounds or more. There are always those top-of-the-line products that will set you back a fair penny. To estimate the value for money, look at the features available.
Warranties are a sign of the manufacturer’s good faith. Depending on the brand, the guarantee may last for a different amount of time. However, if you have problems with the unit as a result of a manufacturing defect, you can return it or have it repaired using the warranty. It’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with the warranty’s terms and conditions. You’ll know what the manufacturer will cover this way.
- Quick and easy removal of old wallpaper using steam
- 100% environmentally friendly, no chemical additives
- Long steaming times allow uninterrupted steaming of larg areas
- Safe work thanks to cool-touch-design and clever valve system
- 3.7 m hose for extended reach
- For quick and easy removal of wallpaper from walls and other flat surfaces
- Large steam plate covers a large area to save time
- Safety release valves so that the unit will not overheat
- Boil dry safety cut-out protects the unit from damage due to overheating
- Large 4 litre tank with water level indicator offers up to 60 mins of runtime
- Works great for wood bending projects
- 78 minutes continuous steamer time
- 15 minute steam up time
- 5L tank capacity
- 2 steam plate sizes
- Removes all types of wallpaper, multi-layered, painted and even Artex and textured coatings
- Saves time and easy to use
- 70 minute usage time
- Four Litre water capacity
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- How does it work? --Pour the water into the tank and fill up the tank to the mark "MAX", connect the steam hose to the water tank and wallpaper steam and tighten the connection, plug the power cord into the input socket at the rear of the water tank, then you can use this wallpaper stripper easily.
- length of hose-- The 3m hose is long enough for using, you can work in a large range, which will reduce the issue caused by too short hose. Besides, the 4.5L capacity can be operated for up to 70 minutes without needing to be refilled.
- What is the power?--2000 watts is powerful enough to help remove multiple layers of wallpaper , ideal for removing all types of wallpaper, including multi-layered and Artex.
- Controlled temperature -- The temperature can be controlled automatically for being kept constant but avoid overheating.
- Concentrated formula just add water
- Can be applied by cloth, sponge or brush
- Fast Acting and easy to use
- Highly effective and fast acting wallpaper stripper solution
- Light active foaming application
- Ready to use, easy to apply, simply spray on
- Goes on yellow - easy to see where stripper has been applied
- Removes most wallpapers - including most washables, vinyls and painted wallpapers
- Proven reliable Zinsser technology
- Lightweight construction at just 1.08 Kgs
- High performace for the home or tradesman
- Voltage/Frequency：220-240V/50Hz, Input Power：1850-2200W
- Boiler Capacity: 5L Max. (Approx.), Steam Time: 70min
- Black Tube Length: 3m, Black plate size: 28 x 20cm
- Box Contents: 2200 Watt Wallpaper Steamer, 1.5m power cord, 3m steam hose, 5L reservoir and 28 x 20cm steam plate
- UK plug 1.5m Rubber cable, Color: Blue
- ✅ UNBEATABLE VALUE WALLPAPER STRIPPING KIT - This incredible bundle for wallpaper stripping delivers fantastic convenience and value for DIY and professional decorators! INCLUDES: 2 x Bartoline wallpaper stripper liquid bottles, 1 x decorating sponge, 1 x pair of latex free protective gloves.
- ✅ GET THE JOB DONE - Save yourself the time and hassle of searching for everything you need to strip your walls of wallpaper with this handy wallpaper strippers bundle from Decorator's Friend. Get the same result as using an expensive steamer!
- ✅ EFFECTIVE LIQUID REMOVER WITH SPONGE - The super concentrated Bartoline wallpaper removers liquid quickly penetrates to make wallpaper stripping as easy as possible. It can be applied with the decorator's sponge included in this kit and you can lift the wallpaper off in satisfying strips.
- ✅ GLOVES TO PROTECT YOUR HANDS - In addition to the essential decorating and wallpaper tools you need to strip your walls, we've included a pair of superior latex free gloves to protect your skin when you're hard at work and making a glorious mess!
- ✅ CONVENIENCE & QUALITY WITH DECORATOR'S FRIEND - At Decorator's Friend, we're on a mission to deliver exceptional quality DIY products for an unbeatable price. We prioritise customer satisfaction, so if there is any issue at all with your purchase, please don't hesitate to get in touch and we will work to resolve your issue as soon as we can.
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!