The best woks
Looking to buy the best wok? Check out our guide below and you’ll be well-placed to select the correct one for you.
The wok is a bowl-shaped device with a number of benefits.
It evenly distributes heat, uses less oil than a standard deep-fat fryer for deep-frying, and ensures that food tossed during stir-frying returns to the pan.
It can also be used as a frying pan.
Traditional woks are made of carbon steel and must be seasoned with oil on a regular basis to avoid corrosion.
Modern woks may have a nonstick coating, and you can pick between a round or flat-bottomed wok, depending on your desire and the sort of stove you have.
Consider how much time you’ll want to spend caring for your wok while making your selection.
You can choose between an actual piece that will need to be cared for and seasoning and a non-stick pan that can be thrown in the dishwasher for all purposes.
Remember that a wok can be used for much more than stir-frying; use it for searing and sautéing items over high heat before lengthy, slow bakes, or choose a wok with a lid to simmer and steam your way to exquisite recipes.
What wok should I buy?
Is it better to be round or flat?
A typical round-bottomed wok is a terrific alternative if your cooktop is gas, but keep in mind that you’ll need a wok ring to hold it steady.
Because round woks can reflect heat back onto the element, destroying it, flat woks are preferable for electric.
Similarly, induction hobs require a large, flat base to ensure good contact between the hob and the wok.
Traditional carbon steel woks are tough, light, and affordable.
They enable rapid heat conduction, which is necessary for stir-frying, to quickly sear food.
They do, however, necessitate additional upkeep, as they rust if not seasoned (oil coating) on a regular basis.
Cast iron, like carbon steel, requires seasoning.
It takes longer to attain a high temperature, but it maintains it well.
Because cast iron is so heavy, it’s not the best choice for tossing stir-fries.
Over time, non-stick coatings have evolved to resist the higher temperatures required for stir-frying.
They don’t sear the food as well as carbon steel does, but they do a good job and are much easier to clean and maintain.
We aimed for woks that could be raised easily by the handle without causing dramatic tilting.
To aid with balance, some long-handled woks incorporate a little second handle.
Handles: We sought handles that were both comfortable and secure to hold.
Tossing stir-fries and keeping your hand away from the flame is easier with long-stick handles.
Short handles on either side of the wok make storing easier and can even be used for tossing — just remember to wear oven gloves.
Shape: Woks with deep curved edges were popular because they held the food in the pan.
Temperature: We took into account how quickly and evenly the wok heated, as well as how effectively the food sears.
We disqualified individuals that stewed their vegetables rather of browning them, as well as those with uneven hotspots that resulted in scorched food.
We examined for ease of movement in the wok, whether it was seasoned carbon steel or non-stick coated.
Because woks are used frequently, non-stick coatings must be durable and scratch-resistant.
What is the best way to clean a wok?
To keep woks in good shape, coat them with oil and wipe them down with kitchen paper. Never use harsh or abrasive cleansers on them.
To avoid scoring the surface, always use wooden chopsticks or spatulas rather than metal utensils.
Another no-no is submerging your pan in the washing up bowl from the stove, as you don’t want it to distort or shatter.
Allow it to cool completely before washing, then hand-wash rather than putting it in the dishwasher to protect the coating.
The best woks to buy
- Round Bottom Heavy 14 Inch 1.8mm carbon steel wok, commercial grade. Original design by Craft Wok since 2014, proven quality over the years. Traditional chinese wok pan with round bottom.
- Not suitable for flat electric or flat induction stove. Carbon steel wok may rust. Do not forget to season it before use! Instructions for easy seasoning are included with the wok. Our customer service is ready to guide through the process whenever you need it.
- Hand hammered by Chinese professionals in Guangzhou. This wok is the proven choice of many professional Chinese chefs. Wok weight: 2.1 kg. Heavy and sturdy.
- Steel helper handle will not burn when you stir fry over high heat, also helpful for hanging the wok for storage. Wooden handle has special hygroscopic not slippery surface for tight grip when you stir-fry.
- Craft Wok - Love Wok! We are a team of professionals drawn together by our passion for the carbon steel wok. Our mission is to bring you as much pleasure from Stir-frying in a wok, as chefs get in restaurants across China. To do this, we have found the best manufacturers in China. Our range of branded products is 100% authentic traditional carbon steel woks, 7 years on market.
- PROFESSIONAL COOKING --- looking for an induction wok or a non-stick wok to cook up an oriental feast in the kitchen? Our DecoExpress wok is a versatile deep frying pan to cook your favourite dishes and is the perfect addition to a pan set for stir frying, deep frying or steaming. This premium wok has been designed with a forged aluminium core and a stainless steel base covered with non stick stone coating which makes it suitable for all hob types, including induction
- 26 OR 28CM OPTIONS AVAILABLE --- looking for a small wok for everyday cooking or for a large non stick stir fry pan for bigger family meals? Choose between the 24 cm wok non stick (ideal for stir fry for one or two) or the 28 cm wok (ideal for families). Both woks come with a soft feel heat resistant wood effect bakelite handle which is lightweight and just the right size for lifting when stir frying
- SUITABLE FOR ALL HOB TYPES --- thanks to the flat base and the innovative heat distribution design of this flat bottom wok, it is compatible with all hobs including, gas, electric, induction, ceramic halogen and radiant ring. We have combined a stainless steel base with a forged aluminium core and diamond stone coating to enhance heat distribution and enable oil free cooking on all hob types
- NON-STICK COATING --- enjoy healthy cooking with little or no fat thanks to the innovative non stick coating and forged aluminium base. This premium coating combination has been developed by our engineers to offer enhanced heat conductivity, enabling faster cooking resulting in enhanced flavours. The coating is also scratch resistant which is great for heavy duty use and longevity, ideal to try new recipes and impress friends and family
- EASY TO CLEAN --- the 3D diamond stone particle black speckled coating is resistant, and easy to clean. A flat bottom nonstick stir frying pan is a versatile utensil and having an easy clean heat distribution and nonstick quality wok in your cookware set will certainly inspire your creativity in the kitchen. This innovative material is easy to maintain and offers excellent cooking performance
- Tefal Cook & Clean 28cm Non-stick Wok Stir fry Pan, Black
- Thermospot technology that lets you know when the pan has reached the optimum temperature to start cooking
- Power resist coating that promises a durable non-stick cooking performance
- Measures 28 cm
- Induction compatible
- Dishwasher safe
- Toughened Non-Stick wok with two short handles, Ideal for stir fries and noodle dishes - Sloped interior perfect for stir-frying, Ideal for low-fat, high-temperature cooking, Heats evenly with lasting heat retention - PFOA-free, Reinforced non-stick coating for easy release and caramelisation, Metal utensil safe with care, Suitable for all hob types, incl. induction - Easy to use and clean: Non-stick material for easy food release, Easy to handwash, Dishwasher safe, Lifetime guarantee - Contents: 1x Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Wok, 32 cm, Material: Forged Aluminium, Weight: 1.83 kg, Dimensions: 42.3 x 33.1 x 10.5 cm, 51105320010502
- Toughened Non-Stick wok with two short handles, Ideal for stir fries and noodle dishes
- Sloped interior perfect for stir-frying, Ideal for low-fat, high-temperature cooking, Heats evenly with lasting heat retention
- PFOA-free, Reinforced non-stick coating for easy release and caramelisation, Metal utensil safe with care, Suitable for all hob types, incl. induction
- Easy to use and clean: Non-stick material for easy food release, Easy to handwash, Dishwasher safe, Lifetime guarantee
- A lightweight carbon steel wok finished with a dual non-stick coating designed for stir-frying at high temperatures. Coated inside and out to provide a robust sealed coating for long-lasting endurance
- The flat base ensures the wok is well-balanced so doesn't topple over when sat on the hob. It is also suitable for cooking on gas, electric and ceramic
- Made from 1.4 mm gauge carbon steel which offers great heat conduction making it ideal for high heat, high speed cooking - essential elements for stir-frying
- Not suitable for the dishwasher. To clean, handwash with hot water and mild deterrgent if desired. Do not use scouring powder, abrasives or metal scourers as they may damage the non-stick coating. Thoroughly dry with a clean cloth
- Suitable cooking capacity for 2-3 people
- Manufactured from 1.2mm Carbon Steel with a Non Stick Coating
- Carbon Steel is the ideal material for Woks as it can withstand very high temperatures
- Suitable for all hobs including gas, ceramic, induction, electric, solid plate and hot plate
- The natural wood handle is both attractive and practical as it stays cool
- Size: 27cm (10.5") dia x 46cm (18") with handle x 11cm (4.25") high
- 🔥[For all Hobs, Including Induction]: Works on all gas, electric, induction and ceramic hobs! When using an induction hob, for best results use a 14.5cm induction ring hob
- 🍳[Non-Stick Coating]: Featuring a double layer of “super non stick” Whitford coating so you can cook and salter healthy with less oil, perfect for those following a diet
- 👌[Oven Friendly and Detachable Handle]: The detachable handle facilitates kitchen storage. Also, you can fit the wok without the handle into the oven, as it is suitable for high oven temperatures. Great for recipes where you fry on the hob and finish in the oven
- ♨️[PFOA Free]: The flat base ensures the wok sits completely flat on your cooker. It is PFOA free, lightweight and safe for all the family. A great addition to your cookware
- 🍜[Healthy cooking] Enjoy traditional Chinese recipes such as stir-fry with this high quality forged aluminium pan. The Home Icon wok heats evenly avoiding hot spots in the pan and is finished in a stylish copper granite effect for healthy frying
- FINEST QUALITY MATERIALS: The NUOVVA non-stick wok pan is made with the finest high quality and durable materials. The resistant stainless steel induction base provides even heat distribution.
- ERGONOMIC & PRACTICAL: This wok frying pan features a reliable, sturdy design with bakelite easy grip handle, making it easy to hold the frying pan. This wok also comes with a tempered glass lid, which combined with the ergonomic handle helps you avoid burns or unwanted accidents.
- VERSATILE & MULTIPURPOSE: This stir fry pan is ideal for stir frying your favourite ingredients but it can also be used to grill, broil and braise and sear your delicious home-made recipes.
- MESS-FREE DESIGN: This deep-frying pan features a ceramic non stick coating, preventing food from getting stuck on the pan, being extremely easy to clean!
- A THOUGHTFUL PRESENT: Order this non-stick wok for yourself or as a thoughtful housewarming present for your friends or loved ones, and you can be sure to win their appreciation!
- 【Superior Marble Stone Coating】This wok adopts stone-derived, super non-stick coating. Nonstick interior and exterior for low fat cooking and easy cleaning.
- 【Detachable Handle】 This handle is detachable without tools required, convenient for oven use and easy storage. Easy to dry, saving space. Please detach the wooden handle before put in the oven, safe to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 【Induction Base】 Make food uniform heated, keeps original taste and delicious. Suitable for all occasions, compatible with induction stove, gas, electric stove and glass stove.
- 【Vented Lid & Spout Design】Wok pan comes with ventilated glass lid, allows steam to escape, and stop food from spilling. The spout design make soup not splash everywhere.
- Large Capacity】30 cm nonstick wok pan is large, suitable for a family of 5-6 people.
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases.Thank you for your support!