Do you want the best small freezer for your small kitchen or living space?
We’ve got your back. For most homeowners, a freezer is an essential component of their kitchen. We use them to save leftovers for later in the week and to keep food as fresh as possible. However, not every kitchen has enough space to accommodate a dedicated chest freezer or upright freezer. If you live in a small space, you may require a freezer small enough to fit neatly under a unit or hide in a cupboard.
Whether you live in a small apartment or don’t have a lot of extra space in your kitchen, a mini freezer can provide the functionality you require without taking up too much space. In today’s oversaturated market, all you have to do is find the right miniature freezer. To assist you, we’ve combed through countless small freezer reviews to bring you this list of the top contenders in the UK market.
Best Small Freezer Reviews – Top Picks For 2022
Russell Hobbs RHTTFZ1
- 31L CAPACITY - This table top freezer is small enough to fit in on your counter top, or even in your living space
- ENERGY EFFICIENT - With an F energy rating, this freezer helps to keep costs and your carbon footprint to a minimum
- SPACE SAVING DESIGN -Free up space in your main freezer with the help of this slimline table top appliance
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES – This product features a reversible door, an adjustable thermostat to control the temperature, and adjustable feet to ensure the appliance is level
- 2 YEAR GUARANTEE – For added peace of mind, this freezer comes with a 2 Year Guarantee upon registration
Our Editor’s Choice for the best mini freezer is the Russell Hobbs RHTTFZ1 Table Top. It has all of the features we look for in a mini freezer and is brought to you by Russell Hobbs, the UK’s leading domestic brand for small appliances.
The Table Top mini freezer has a 32-litre capacity and was designed to be used on top of a counter or table, as the name suggests. It has a F energy efficiency rating, which means it is environmentally friendly while also saving you money on your power bill.
This mini freezer from Russell Hobbs comes with three thermostat settings for precise control of the internal temperature. This mini freezer also has a reversible door so you can tailor the design to your specific space, as well as a removable wire shelf to help you keep your freezer contents organised and easily accessible.
Another reason we chose this as our top pick is that it runs quietly enough that most people don’t even notice it. It is available in white or black and comes with a two-year warranty.
The Table Top mini freezer’s roof may accumulate frost every few days, but this is easily remedied by leaving the door open for 10 to 15 minutes.
COMFEE’ 198L RCC269WH1(E)
- 【D+ Cooling System】 – The COMFEE’ chest freezer is equipped with the D+ cooling system. The D-shaped cooling tubes surround the inner cabinet and significantly improve our chest freezer’s cooling performance & efficiency versus traditional freezers.
- 【Built-in Door Hinge】 - The unique built-in door hinges reduce our freezer’s exterior size by 10% without reducing its capacity. The COMFEE’ Chest Freezer looks slimmer & more elegant than standard freezers.
- 【Adjustable Thermostats & Winter Security】- The adjustable thermostat allows you to control the temperature from -12℃ to -24℃ so you can always store your frozen foods at their optimum temperature. The chest freezer can operate at -15 degrees below the ambient temperature, and it’s suitable for use in a watertight garage or outbuilding
- 【Quieter and A+ (old) / F (new) Energy Saving】 - The freezer is equipped with an advanced compressor, making it extremely quiet and efficient, helping you to save energy.
- Dimensions (cm) - H85.0 x W55.0 x D81.6
If you require a large amount of freezer storage space, the COMFEE’ 198L RCC269WH1(E) small freezer is another excellent option on our list. It’s also a good option if you want to store your new appliance in an outbuilding during the colder winter months.
It has a D+ cooling system with meticulously shaped cooling tubes, which contributes to its overall efficiency and cooling ability. It also has an advanced compressor, which makes it run more quietly than other appliances of this size. Furthermore, an adjustable thermostat allows you to control the internal temperature based on how much and what type of food is stored inside.
We like how this freezer has built-in door hinges for a cleaner look and a winterized design that allows it to be used in garages and other outbuildings even in extremely cold temperatures. It also comes with a wire basket to help you organise your frozen items.
Be aware that this freezer has a F energy class rating, indicating that it is somewhat inefficient in terms of energy consumption. Furthermore, due to the large internal space, it may be difficult to organise, and finding additional wire baskets that fit properly may be difficult.
- The Top Rated Mini Freezer on Amazon - Now with a Metal Back
- Nowhere to store your frozen food at work? Want to make your guests more comfortable? Tired of your frozen treats going missing? Get yourself this Best Selling Mini Freezer
- Developed by Cookology, combining practicality, performance and style all rolled into one incredible price
- The 4 star **** freezer rating means this item is a genuine freezer and designed for long term freezing at -18C
- Whisper quiet operation at only 42dB, Ideal for Students, Guest rooms or the Office!
The Cookology MFZ32WH is the best-rated small freezer on Amazon right now, making it one of the most appealing options for any homeowner in need of extra freezer space.
Cookology has you covered if you’re looking for a safe place to store your food at work or if you need some extra space for your weekly food prep. This small freezer combines performance and functionality into a stylish and compact solution that is suitable for almost any environment. You can even get this appliance in black or white to match your decor.
The MFZ32WH will fit perfectly under your kitchen cabinet and has a F energy rating, so you won’t have to worry about it negatively impacting your energy bill. Despite its surprisingly powerful performance, the Cookology compact freezer is also reasonably quiet, with a noise level of 42 decibels. Just keep in mind that ice can accumulate quickly in the system, so you’ll need to defrost it on a regular basis.
Russell Hobbs RHUCFZ3W Under Counter
- SPACE SAVING - This under counter freezer from Russell Hobbs is designed to slot under your work surface in your kitchen or utility room, and can be used as your main freezer, or for additional storage to free up room in your other refrigeration appliances .
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY - This appliance is rated 'F' for energy efficiency, equivalent to A+ on the old scale. This helps to save you money on your energy bills as well as keeping an eye on your carbon footprint.
- EASE OF USE - This product features a reversible door, an adjustable thermostat to control the temperature, and adjustable feet to ensure the appliance is level.
- STORAGE - There are three drawers inside the freezer so you can group foods at your convenience.
- 2 YEAR GUARANTEE – For added peace of mind, this fridge comes with a 2 Year Guarantee upon registration
Russell Hobbs makes another appearance on our list with their RHUCFZ3W Under Counter mini freezer. This is our top pick for anyone looking for a large storage capacity that will also fit beneath a standard countertop.
The Russell Hobbs Under Counter mini freezer has an energy-efficient F rating, so even though it is larger than some other mini freezers, it will not consume a lot of power. It also runs quietly and has a thermostat that can be adjusted.
For improved storage organisation, this mini freezer has a front opening, reversible door, and three clear pull-out bins inside. The bins can be removed if desired, but we find that leaving them in maximises usable space and makes it easier to access all of your food items.
Russell Hobbs’ Under Counter mini freezer comes with a two-year warranty and is available in either white or black.
Unfortunately, the lower handles on the drawers may be difficult to reach for some people, and they frequently require a strong tug to pull them out. There have also been reports of poor packaging, which may result in dents on the exterior.
Cookology Under Counter
- This is a Cookology under your kitchen counter freezer, blending the quality and affordability you have come to expect with our Cookology range. We have developed this undercounter freezer to be reliable, energy efficient and stylish.
- This Freezer has a 4 star **** Freezer rating. This is because it can maintain a temperature of -18℃ which makes it safe for long term storage of suitable frozen foods.
- This Freestanding Freezer will sit neatly under your kitchen worktop
- Comes in a plain finish and the door is reversible so you can make it open to the left or the right
If you’re looking for a mini freezer that fits underneath a countertop, the Cookology Under Counter is another fantastic option on our list that we recommend you seriously consider.
The Cookology Under Counter mini freezer has a front-opening door that can be reversed depending on space and personal preference. It has a large 68-litre capacity and an excellent F energy class rating, which will save you money in the long run.
This Cookology mini freezer comes with three pull-out plastic bins for storage, allowing you to maximise the usable storage space inside. It also runs quietly, has mechanical temperature control, and adjustable feet to accommodate uneven flooring. The Cookology is available in both white and black.
To be clear, the Under Counter mini freezer by Cookology has trickier pull out drawers that may occasionally stick, and there have been reports of frost developing near the bottom edge from time to time. Finally, it lacks an internal light to illuminate the contents when the door is open.
Ice King RZ109AP2
- PEACE OF MIND & QUALITY ASSURED : This top rated under counter freezer from IceKing is covered with a parts and labour warranty for a whole 2 years, giving you that reassurance of knowing that your product is sturdy and made to last.
- PERFECT SIZE & LOW NOISE: A best selling undercounter freezer with a noise level of just 40dB means this under counter fridge is whisper quiet, making it ideal for homes, offices, bars and restaurants.This is perfect for any environment.
- MODERN DESIGN & TOP FUNCTIONALITY: This white under counter freezer has been made with our customers in mind, ensuring ease of use and great functionality with ‘3 Freezer Compartments’, ‘Reversible Doors’ and ‘Adjustable Thermostat.
- OTHER FEATURES WE LOVE This 64 litre under counter 4* freezer has three easy-access freezer compartments for your favourite food items. Easy to use, with adjustable settings, a reversible door and adjustable feet, it’s built with you in mind.
- DIMENSIONS(cm): H84 W48 D50CM
To save space, the Ice King RZ109AP2 was designed to easily slide beneath a countertop. We like how it includes durable plastic storage bins with large handles for easy extraction.
As you are aware, we prefer a mini freezer that does not consume a lot of power, and the Ice King meets this requirement with its F energy class rating. It has a 60-litre capacity, which is sufficient for storing food of all sizes.
This mini freezer comes in white and has three pull-out drawers for versatile and effective storage. The Ice King, like many of the other options on our list, has a reversible door, adjustable feet to ensure it is level, and a two-year parts and labour warranty.
It should not be used in an outdoor structure such as a garage or shed, and despite the fact that it claims to have an adjustable temperature setting, as far as we can tell, it is only “on” or “off.” It may also develop frost, but this is easily remedied with careful management.
- Compact size ideal for tabletops
- 35 L freezer storage capacity. Product Dimensions (mm): H:510 x W:440 x D:470
- Lockable and reversible door with robust packaging
- Includes wire shelf
- Comes with 2 year warranty which can be registered online
If you live in shared housing, such as student accommodation, this small table top freezer from Igenix is ideal.
It has a lock function, so you can prevent others, or just members of your family, from stealing your food when you’re not there. We’ve all come home to find that our partner has devoured the last of our ice cream. As a small freezer, the Igenix still has plenty of storage space thanks to its 35-litre capacity, and it comes with a wire shelf to help you organise your food. Igenix also provides a 2-year warranty on their products.
This small freezer is surprisingly energy efficient, with an A+ rating. It only uses about 153 kWh of energy per year, which is good news for your wallet. Furthermore, the thermostat is adjustable, allowing you to choose how cold you want your freezer to be. You can even select the freezer that best suits the style of your living space, as it is available in both white and stainless steel. However, this appliance makes a lot of noise and quickly accumulates frost and ice.
- 31L Capacity - This table top freezer is small enough to fit in on your counter top, or even in your living space
- Energy Efficient - With a F energy rating (equivalent to A+ on the old rating), this freezer helps to keep costs and your carbon footprint to a minimum
- Space Saving Design - Free up space in your main freezer with the help of this slimline table top appliance (H) 49.2cm (W) 47.5cm (D) 44.3cm
- Additional Features – This product features a reversible door, an adjustable thermostat to control the temperature, and adjustable feet to ensure the appliance is level
- 1 Year Guarantee – For added peace of mind, this fridge comes with a 1 Year Guarantee upon registration
The Lowry LTTFZ1B mini freezer includes a free ice cube tray. This tabletop freezer’s compact size and classic black design allow it to fit neatly on any kitchen counter without looking out of place.
This Lowry mini freezer has a smaller 31-litre capacity and is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a little extra freezer storage space that can be tucked away or sit on top of your counter. The Lowry’s compact space-saving design has a F energy class rating, which reduces energy consumption and saves you money on utilities in the long run.
The Lowry mini freezer has a removable shelf to keep things organised and an adjustable thermostat to give you more control over the internal temperature. The door is reversible and can be installed in either direction, depending on your needs and available space.
The LTTFZ1B mini freezer is available in black, has adjustable feet to keep it level, and is backed by a one-year warranty. To top it all off, this mini freezer operates with almost no noise, so there’s no need to worry about a bothersome hum.
Keep in mind that due to its limited capacity, the Lowry may not provide enough additional freezer storage space for some people, and it lacks an internal light.
- SPACE SAVING – small freezer cube with 35L net capacity. Add freezer capacity to your kitchen even where space is limited. Measurements: H49 X W44 X D48cm
- ENERGY EFFICIENT – class A+ performance rating with adjustable temperature dial
- REVERSIBLE DOOR – panel for left or right-hand opening to suit your space
- VERSATILE – features two shelves, as well as in-door compartments with removable, height adjustable wire shelf
- MANUFACTURER 2 YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDED
With this VonShef product, you can create the ideal small freezer experience for yourself, complete with a reversible door.
You can instantly adapt your freezer to fit your space while also enjoying an energy-efficient (A+) performance. This mini freezer is ideal for people who need to save space in their home or who need access to a small worktop freezer in the office. Even if you’re trying to fill a gap under your kitchen counter worktop, you’ll be able to fit it into most spaces.
The VonShef comes with a 2-year warranty for added peace of mind. Furthermore, despite its small size, it has a 35-litre capacity and plenty of room for all of your food. The VonShef freezer is an all-around winner, providing excellent operational efficiency and consistent performance year after year. It also appears to be fashionable. Just be aware that it is a little noisier than some of the other options on this list. However, reviewers stated that they eventually grew accustomed to the sound.
- The IG100B has a 99 Litre capacity which makes it ideal for extra freezer storage space and frees up some room in your main freezer
The Igenix IG100B has a capacity of 99 litres. In fact, this is so large that it hardly qualifies as a mini-freezer. That is why we selected it as the best small chest option. Another reason we like this appliance is that it was designed for garage and outbuilding use, which is something not all mini freezers can do.
The Igenix IG100B mini freezer has a top lift-up door, similar to a large freezer chest. Considering its larger size, it runs relatively quietly. This model includes a wire mesh freezer basket that rests on the upper lip and sits on top of the appliance. It also includes a two-year warranty.
The main disadvantage of this small chest freezer is that it has a F energy class rating, which means it is not energy efficient. Furthermore, it lacks an internal light, and the mini freezer’s taller height makes the bottom less accessible to shorter people.
How to choose the correct small freezer for you
Whether you’re looking for a cheap table top freezer to take with you to your new life at university or a small freezer to give you extra storage space at home, the current market has something for everyone. Of course, just like any other kitchen investment, such as purchasing an induction pan or a nespresso machine, it’s critical that you do your research before spending your money.
Choosing the right freezer will make it easier to keep your investment running for a long time. Here are just a few things to think about when making your decision:
What additional features do you require to get the most out of your mini freezer? If you live in student housing, a lockable door may come in handy. If you want to read your food in the evening, an interior light may be useful as well. Determine which bonus features are most important to you.
Temperature control will be one of the most important factors to consider when choosing the best compact freezer. If the temperature in your freezer does not remain consistent, the quality of your food will suffer and it will be more difficult to maintain. Check the temperature control’s dependability, and make sure there’s an adjustable thermostat you can use to keep your food safe.
Storage that is well-organized
Some people will find that a simple chest freezer is sufficient for their needs. However, if you don’t want to dig through icy food to find the right item, wire shelves and other smart organisation options will come in handy.
Are you looking for something with freezer functionality, or would you prefer something with the functionality of both a tiny freezer and a miniature fridge? If you require the best of both worlds, you must consider this when making your purchase.
Even the best compact freezers require regular cleaning and maintenance to ensure that frost does not accumulate excessively. Make sure that your appliance is simple to defrost when you need to give it a quick spruce up.
Other features to consider when shopping for a small freezer include quiet operation. After all, no one wants to wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of a loud motor. The less likely your appliance is to distract you, the quieter it is. It’s also important to keep track of how much energy your machine consumes. If you’re not careful, even the smallest freezer can consume a lot of extra energy, which can have a significant impact on your energy bills. If possible, look for an A+ energy rating.
A compact freezer can be an excellent investment if you don’t have a lot of space at home or need extra freezer space in your student dorm or office space. However, before you start spending money, you should make sure you understand what to look for in the best small freezer. Use the reviews above and your own research to ensure that the product you buy is long-lasting, dependable, and appropriate for your needs.
Honest Bob is committed to providing genuine guides from a panel of experts. As an Amazon affiliate Honest Bob earns commission from any qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!