I honestly can’t think of anything more disgusting than standing on a slug in the middle of the night with bare feet on it. It gives me the creeps just thinking about picking one up and getting rid of it.
The last few months, there have been slug trails all over the place: on the lounge floor, on the couch, on the stairs, on my flip-flops, even on the baby’s car seat! Given the fact that we have been up late the last few nights, we have been able to identify the little blighter, and it appears to be the same individual. I’m too much of a wimp to pick it up and throw it away, but my husband has done so on a couple of occasions. The persistent, slimy, snail without a shell, on the other hand, just keeps showing up.
It’s possible that it’s the same one because slugs each leave their own unique scent trail to help them find their way back home.
According to some sources, one of the reasons slugs may venture into the house (particularly an old house) is that they are likely to be cool, dark, and moist, so if you have a damp problem, that could be one of the reasons they do.
Pet food is yet another example. Considering slugs have an excellent sense of smell, they will make a beeline for it, particularly on rainy nights. Alternatively, they could be after some plants that you have placed in an artistic manner in your living space.
We don’t have any animals, and I haven’t seen any of them anywhere near the window sill, which is where I keep two herb pots, so we don’t have a damp problem, as far as I’m aware.
Although I am unaware of this, I am aware that the front door does not fit very well at all, and because slugs have no bones, they can stretch up to 20 times their normal length, allowing them to squeeze through even the tiniest of openings.
As a result of these facts, I have concluded that the poor creature simply wishes to be cooled down after the lovely warm weather we have been experiencing lately. However, this doesn’t make much sense considering that only 5% of the slug population is visible above ground at any given time.
According to reports, the remainder is underground, engaged in slug-like activities such as eating seedlings, laying eggs, and feeding on roots and seed sprouts. That would have seemed to me to be significantly more appealing than my own home.
Slugs in the house can be eliminated in the following ways:
It is possible to lay down salt paths, but this actually causes the slugs to dry out. It also seems extremely cruel, uncomfortable, and messy, so I will not attempt this.
Using copper barrier tape across door thresholds, around pots, and so on – copper, it turns out, reacts with slug slime and disrupts their nervous system, essentially giving them an electric shock (at the very least, they don’t die).
- 【High-quality Materials】These conductive copper bands are made of copper. They are electrically conductive and resistant to heat, moisture,oxidation and discoloration.Stick almost anywhere with our extra strong adhesive, it works whatever the weather.
- 【Deter Slugs and Snails】Copper tape for slugs and snails can prevent snails and snails from entering your garden,say goodbye to nasty chemicals, simply place adhesive copper tape on the rim of the garden pots,keep the tape smooth.
- 【EMI Shielding】Copper tape for soldering can solution for EMI and RFI problems, protect your devices from electromagnetic and high-frequency interference.From buzzing guitars to computer cables, the copper band is an easy and quick solution.
- 【Low Resistance】The adhesive copper tape for slugs is strong, flexible and highly conductive, our adhesive and foil have a really low resistance. Making the tape perfect for electrical projects, repairs and even paper circuits.
- 【A Broad Range of Applications】The conductive adhesive copper tape has a wide range, EMI guitar shielding, snail-repellent, soldering, paper circles, educational aid, electrical repairs, household repairs, gluing, decoration, crafts etc.
- HIGH QUALITY COPPER TAPE - The divchi copper foil tape is made of high quality copper with excellent flexibility which can be twisted, bent, tore easily to fit any item shapes and have a full cover, strong self-adhesive for a firm attach, easily to wrap cables, machine components, connections, fans, extendable antenna, computer components.
- CONFUCTIVITY - The high quality conductive glue and copper gives the copper foil tape with conductivity which allows electricity to flow of the tape, our copper foil tape will be a perfect choice for electrical repairs and other circuit or solder crafts.
- EFFECTIVE EMI SHIELDING - The copper foil tape is with electrical shielding and magnetic shielding, which can EMI shielding in electric machine to greatly protect your electronics devices from electromagnetic interference in special occasions, and it also great for reducing noise in your electric guitar.
- WIDELY APPLICATION - Widely used in the manufacture of products in large factories, LCD TVs, computer displays, electromechanical equipment, EMI shielding, slug repellent, snail repellent, stained glass, paper circuits, electrical repairs.
- PROTECT YOUR PRECIOUS PLANTS - Wrap the roots of the plants with copper foil tape to keep your precious plants or flowers away from the damage of snails and slugs, offering a better growing environment for plants.
- SAVE YOUR GARDEN FROM SLUGS AND SNAILS - Say goodbye to nasty chemicals with our pet safe tape. Simply form a ring around vulnerable plants and our copper tapes natural electrical charge will stop slugs and snails eating your produce. Stick almost anywhere with our extra strong adhesive, it works whatever the weather.
- SAY GOODBYE TO EMI AND RFI - Quickly protect your devices from electromagnetic and radio-frequency interference. From buzzing guitars to computer cables, Kraftex copper tape offers a quick and simple solution. The adhesive is strong, flexible and highly conductive, making it easy to protect your electronics.
- BRING YOUR CRAFT IDEAS TO LIFE - Bring some new color and textures into one of your craft projects. Easy to shape and mould with a strong adhesive it sticks to almost any clean surface. With its fantastic pure copper color this truly versatile tape will bring your imagination to life.
- ONLY THE BEST QUALITY - Pure copper foil, low resistance adhesive and an easy peel waxed paper backing makes our tape the best on the market. We are so confident that our laboratory tested product will arrive in perfect condition and solve your problems that we give you a FULL REFUND if it doesn’t. Click "Add to Cart" now to buy with confidence.
- The self adhesive copper tape can stick around your pots and containers, or to create a slug barrier around just about anything .
- A relatively new type of slug barrier comes in the form of copper. The slug's slime causes a chemical reaction that creates a small electric current, and the slug hates the resulting mild electric shock.
- Weatherproof tape works all year round.
If you are using slug pellets or bait, make sure to use the newer type bait that is based on iron phosphate, which is only toxic to snails and slugs, rather than the older style bait that is based on a chemical called metaldehyde, which is toxic to pets, wildlife, and children. These also kill the slug after a few days, making for a somewhat slow process for the poor creatures.
- Suitable for organic gardening
- Provides long lasting control in wet weather
- Can be applied around edible crops up to the day of harvest
- Presented as a ready to use baited pellet in an easy to use large sized 800g bottle which can treat approximately 210 square metres
- Contains: Ferric Phosphate
- Approved For Use In Organic Systems
- A Ready To Use Bait Containing 12.5 g/kg Hydrated Ferric Phosphate Can Be Used Around Edible & Non Edible Crops.
- Reduces The Damage Caused By Slugs & Snails.
- Organic Slug & Snail Killer Ferric Phosphate Mini Blue Pellets
- Provides long lasting control in wet weather
- PESTSHIELD GARDEN SLUG & SNAIL KILLER READY TO USE BAIT: Simply open and distribute the small blue pellets to areas where slugs and snails appear in and around the garden. Apply to borders, plant pots, around growing tunnels or allotments. Also suitable to place into any existing slug and snail bait traps in the garden.
- ORGANIC GARDENING: Pestshield Slug & Snail Killer pellets, Certified by Organic Gardeners and Growers. Perfect for use in allotments and Organic growing areas. Children and pets need not be excluded from treated areas.
- SHOWERPROOF BAIT: Pestshield Slug & Snail Killer pellets are long lasting, remain active through 10 days of showerpoof, light rain. Following excessive rainfall, you may be required to re-apply to reduce the damage caused by slugs and snails.
- READY TO USE, MESS FREE SLUG & SNAIL KILLER: After application, Slugs and snails eat the pellets, then continue to move, disappearing underground, leaving no unsightly mess or slime trails
- ABOUT THE PRODUCT: Use Pesticides Safely. Always Read the label. Store in a cool, dry area out of the reach of children. 300gm Ready To Use Slug & Snail Killer Bait.
- SLUG & SNAIL KILLER: An ideal product for anyone who needs to control a slug and snail problem effectively and quickly. Our slug pellets for garden vegetables can be used in all weather conditions and are proven to make your pest problems disappear.
- ORGANIC GARDENING:The problem with many slugs and snail repellents is that they are made up of harsh, synthetic chemicals. Our slug and snail repellent solve that problem by using a natural active ingredient called ferric phosphate which is environmentally friendly and,approved for organic growing.
- MAXIMUM PROTECTION:After application, rain or sprinkling will not change the effectiveness of the product on slugs, bugs, or snails. This slug killer comes in an easy-to-use granular formula, making it a convenient product for use around the home & garden.
- HOW TO USE: Use on bare ground and around all edible and non-edible crops grown outdoors, in the greenhouse, or under another permanent or temporary cover. Sprinkle the slug and snail pellets evenly at approximately 5 grams per square meter.
- WEATHERPROOF: A slug and snail Killer is an all-weather bait produced by one of the world’s top agricultural suppliers. Customer Satisfaction is very important. That's why as a company, we are committed to providing you the highest quality products and services available.
Crushed eggshells – a common suggestion that appears to be completely ineffective and untrue, as evidenced by this photograph taken during an experiment. Even though the shells had egg residue on them, the snails seemed to be attracted to them, and they did not seem to mind the sharpness of the shells on their bellies. It’s a good thing this one doesn’t work because eggshells all over the place could be even more disturbing than slug trails!
Using a beer trap appears to be the most popular suggestion, and it appears to produce positive results almost every time. It occurred to me that this was the method my father employed, and it was unquestionably effective. Although it is disgusting, the entire mess can be thrown in the compost bin every few days or fed to the chickens
- Type:Weed/ Pest Control
- Weed/ Pest Control Method:Traps
- Note: For return policy in non product problem, customer has to response for shipping fee and 15% restore fee. And please return within 14 days after arrive.
- Eco-friendly snail traps: Made of Safe non-toxic plastic, safe to use. The eco-friendly way, without chemicals to fight annoying.
- Easy To Use: Simple structure, easy to use, safe and reliable. For snail behavior, luring the snail into the trap area.
- Position these slug traps amongst bushes or other areas where you regularly find slugs or snails.
- The natural way of capturing the snails, instead of the method removing the snails by pesticide. No harm to vegetable and flower.
- EXPERT CUSTOMER SUPPORT: We don’t just sell Snail Traps, we’re experts. Our helpful and knowledgeable team is available 7 days a week to provide advice and answer any questions to ensure you get the best possible results. Customer happiness is our number one priority.
- 10 x Garden slug and snail beer traps, child pet & safe non-toxic.
- Place the trap in the soil and then add beer to attract the slugs, and Bob’s your uncle!
- Slug and snail beer traps, easy to use.
- Non toxic slug and snail trap - Reusable
- Simply place in your garden where required
- Safe for use around children and pets - No chemicals
- Quick and easy to use
- Simply add beer or lager, beer is preferable (not supplied) to the trap.
How Do Slugs Get In?
Slugs are able to detect the smell of pet food and leftovers. Because they do not have hard shells like other insects, they are able to squeeze through small cracks more easily.
Slugs have the ability to stretch their bodies up to 20 times their normal structure. They have no bones or skeletal structure, which allows them to squeeze through even the tiniest cracks and crevices in your door frame.
They have the ability to walk on their backs and climb up vertical surfaces. In addition to ill-fitting doors and spaces under windows, they also take advantage of holes drilled in your floors for gas or water pipes, joints along the surface of your walls, holes associated with electrical wiring, cutouts for dryer ducts or furnaces, and other common entry points.